Team Captain
Mar 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa FC
Hi guys,

I came in on the end of some commentary during today's match on Fox Sports that was banging on about the whole McLeod and Edwards fight. As I said, I came in on the end of it and all I heard was "it's a shame that it's reared it's head again today".

Has something new happened?

Something new happened in the sense that Chris McDermott wrote an article about something that happened 10 years ago in this morning's paper.

Further confirming that McDermott is a bitter, fickle, twisted old man who has never managed to get over 1997.

Hi guys,

I came in on the end of some commentary during today's match on Fox Sports that was banging on about the whole McLeod and Edwards fight. As I said, I came in on the end of it and all I heard was "it's a shame that it's reared it's head again today".

unfortunately they keep breaking the games records for playing in the same team, I think that should be it now. Every time they had beaten someone else's record it is raised. Hopefully we are now past it.

thanks guys! wasn't trying to have a dig, was just interested to know. I agree with you all, it's certainly becoming old news and if true, poor form from Chris for bringing it all back up when the club is struggling a little.

One of the commentators also spouted some crap about it being the most important issue at the club at present:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: What tripe... we have far deeper issues than that! I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of teams with good players that didn't get along, or is he trying to say every other side in the comp has 40 players who are all best mates?? Come on get real:rolleyes::rolleyes:. At the end of the day, the two still work well together on the field. It would be an issue if they refused to pass to each other or something but the two have worked in tandem to great effect over the years. The commentators said something along the lines that "Triggy told me they do actually get along but they just don't talk"... strangely put but if true well what's the problem then?? From this it appears they confine their differences to themselves and don't involve the younger ones in it, which is fine by me.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken but I also could have sworn I read on here some time ago, by one of the more reliable and experienced posters, that the two actually do talk and its more of an issue between the wives??

Something new happened in the sense that Chris McDermott wrote an article about something that happened 10 years ago in this morning's paper.

Further confirming that McDermott is a bitter, fickle, twisted old man who has never managed to get over 1997.

Hear, hear.

McDermott was a crap coach and is a crap commentator. Nothing more needs to be said.

Why does their off field relationship continue to be brought to light after this long? Its so random.

All I think most fans care about is their on field performances, and from all accounts they seem to co-operate and treat each other with respect on the ground. Haha

This

One of the commentators also spouted some crap about it being the most important issue at the club at present:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: What tripe... we have far deeper issues than that! I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of teams with good players that didn't get along, or is he trying to say every other side in the comp has 40 players who are all best mates?? Come on get real:rolleyes::rolleyes:. At the end of the day, the two still work well together on the field. It would be an issue if they refused to pass to each other or something but the two have worked in tandem to great effect over the years. The commentators said something along the lines that "Triggy told me they do actually get along but they just don't talk"... strangely put but if true well what's the problem then?? From this it appears they confine their differences to themselves and don't involve the younger ones in it, which is fine by me.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken but I also could have sworn I read on here some time ago, by one of the more reliable and experienced posters, that the two actually do talk and its more of an issue between the wives??
Same spud of a commentator that was sure Blighty was sacked from the crows in 1999

This is the same person who on 5AA yesterday told some caller that there was nothing in the Surjan v Motlop feud and we should move on.

From what I hear, there's far bigger issues at the club currently than the McLeod/Edwards "feud", not that it is one anymore, have seen them numerous times recently having a chat together at trainings or something. They may not be best of mates, but I don't think there's an issue there anymore. These aren't the two creating issues.

From what I hear, there's far bigger issues at the club currently than the McLeod/Edwards "feud", not that it is one anymore, have seen them numerous times recently having a chat together at trainings or something. They may not be best of mates, but I don't think there's an issue there anymore. These aren't the two creating issues.

So, what do you hear? ;)

It seems to me that Macca and Edwards respect and like each other, and both actually seem a bit flat/subdued about how their friendship has disintegrated... Kinda just appears to me that they keep each other at an arms length to appease their wives, and not because their is any genuine ill-feeling between the boys.

No idea why McDermott decided to write about it, pretty poor form if you ask me. Maybe he should write a column on why Tony McG stood aside from their Foundation in the manner he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys,

Did anyone see the old paper clipping that was shown up on the 2 screens during the game ?

At one stage during the game, the big screen had a screen shotof McDermott's article.

That is a bloody disgrae and something need to be done about ensurign no such thing happens again.

Move on McDermott you tired old git.

So, what do you hear? ;)

It seems to me that Macca and Edwards respect and like each other, and both actually seem a bit flat/subdued about how their friendship has disintegrated... Kinda just appears to me that they keep each other at an arms length to appease their wives, and not because their is any genuine ill-feeling between the boys.

No idea why McDermott decided to write about it, pretty poor form if you ask me. Maybe he should write a column on why Tony McG stood aside from their Foundation in the manner he did.

As happens with clubs in a situation such as ours(although I can't rule out it being a partial cause for our situation), petty jealousy's and feud's tend to be amplified, as such there's a couple of players who aren't to popular currently, more than this I won't say, as it is only a rumor and as such should not be taken as such and nothing more.

To be fair, the article was more about the team needing to settle some grievances more than the Macleod/Edwards situation. To put it into context the article was more about how the leaders of the club could set an example to younger players buy burying the hatchet.

I'm sick of the who situation being brought up again and again as well, but to say McDermott put it in there just because he has a problem is a little narrow sighted.

I think a bigger problem may be the whisper that a couple of our "better" players may have their nose a bit out of joint over Kurt's new "paypacket". :confused:

Why does their off field relationship continue to be brought to light after this long? Its so random.

All I think most fans care about is their on field performances, and from all accounts they seem to co-operate and treat each other with respect on the ground. Haha

Does anyone actually believe they would still be angry at each other or fighting? I am positive they are old enough and ugly enough to have got past it and would be more than amicable to each other. To think otherwise is just stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

McLeod v Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back