Expansion Media reaction: SL-NRL expansion vs. AFL two-team expansion plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year I'm pretty sure Mark Geyer was saying that the AFL is raiding rugby league heartlands with its scholarships and programs on one of the RL footy shows on sunday mornings. From memory the main discussion was about Rugby Union raiding Rugby League players with Geyer saying the bigger threat was AFL. He was talking about how much more organised the AFL was in that it was getting to the talented youngsters well before they were professional athletes. I think he was saying that there were AFL development officers at junior RL talking to kids and parents to get them over to Aussie Rules clubs. I remember he was strongly saying that Union was the lesser of the two concerns and the others almost ignoring him and focusing on union.

What's with you and littledick ? Can't handle the truth ?
Your version of the truth is hardly reality.

I followed the Roosters when Fairfax , Harris and Beetson were around .
When the young cheer squad attended both Eastern Suburbs and East Sydney games . I don't now . rl fans turned me off the game .
The fans turned you off... that is pathetic. You must have the morals of an alley cat.

Small ground , small game ....small people .

;)
You cannot argue issues on their merits without minimising the popularity of RL in your mind and artificially inflating the popularity of AFL in your mind. This is the foundation of every single one of your posts.

Your version of the truth is hardly reality.
WCE once tried to change their name to Perth .
I once followed the Roosters .
The Roosters played out of man archaic stadium .
It's replacement was not a big event stadium .

Hardly mind blowing reality .

The fans turned you off... that is pathetic. You must have the morals of an alley cat.
Tha'ts an example of your logic ?
Wouldn't be easier (and more logical) just to admit some rl fans go over the top .Then at least you could blame the "emotion of the game ".

You cannot argue issues on their merits without minimising the popularity of RL in your mind and artificially inflating the popularity of AFL in your mind. This is the foundation of every single one of your posts.

I argue issues on their merits by minimising the popularity of RL in reality and using accuarate statistics for the popularity and supremacy of AFL . This is the foundation of every single one of my posts.
[/QUOTE]

:)

WCE once tried to change their name to Perth .
Fair enough.

I once followed the Roosters .
Great.

The Roosters played out of man archaic stadium .
This is true. Endeavour Field I think it was called? (the old SFS ground)

It's replacement was not a big event stadium .
On the contrary, the SFS was the venue of choice for Finals, the Grand Final, Bledisloe Cup, and Socceroos matches.

Tha'ts an example of your logic ?
See below.

Wouldn't be easier (and more logical) just to admit some rl fans go over the top .Then at least you could blame the "emotion of the game ".
Any sport with a wide cross-section of people as supporters would have a component of ratbags. I don't understand how a minority of ratbags can turn you off a whole sport. That just shows you have the skin thickness of tally ho paper.

I argue issues on their merits by minimising the popularity of RL in reality and using accuarate statistics for the popularity and supremacy of AFL . This is the foundation of every single one of my posts.

:)
You live in some rarefied air where not enough oxygen fuels all parts of your brain.

Haha, sure it is.

If it's so Australian, how'd they manage to play the British Lions at RU in the late 1800's early 1900's? :D

You monkeys believe everything the Vic media feed you, want a banana?
:D

They played them at Australian Rules, the Poms had their arses whipped by everyone bar the upcountry thirds and never bothered to return. Oh and the Sydney Rugby types didn't want the British to play the Australian game (no surprises there).

But this has all been laid out for you previously and you had the opportunity to engage in debate but instead you chose to STFU. No surprises there either.

They played them at Australian Rules, the Poms had their arses whipped by everyone bar the upcountry thirds and never bothered to return. Oh and the Sydney Rugby types didn't want the British to play the Australian game (no surprises there).

But this has all been laid out for you previously and you had the opportunity to engage in debate but instead you chose to STFU. No surprises there either.

Hahahaha

Hahahaha

So Australian they can play a completely different code with no problem.

Hahahaha

There was a big problem, the British team couldn't compete at a game that was different from the one they knew. They were soundly beaten by all the metropolitan clubs they played in Melbourne and Adelaide.

Recently the Wellington Super 14 side took on the local Aussie Rules league rep side and lost. The professionals lost to amateurs playing a game they were unfamiliar with, there's your problem.

http://www.nzafl.co.nz/News/HurricanesLearnAussieRulestheHardWay/tabid/239/Default.aspx

Monkey see, monkey do.

1893993245_347ecbe970_o.jpg

AFLers, hahahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easts home ground was the Sydney Sports Ground which was round where Fox Studios is now I think.

Nope . Fox studios are the old showground's buildings .
Funnily enough they are next to the showgrounds arena ,
which has occassionally held Australian Football and rl matches .
The SSG was on the city side of the SCG and is mostly car park now .

Any sport with a wide cross-section of people as supporters would have a component of ratbags. I don't understand how a minority of ratbags can turn you off a whole sport. That just shows you have the skin thickness of tally ho paper.

Fair point.

Fair point.

The difference is that that none of the trolls here ever consider that it would be better
to erradicate errant behavior than allowing it to continue .
You've just joined the list .
It's the continued behavior that continues to turn me off NRL .
I did attend WARL matches .I don't have a problem with the people there .
I know people who gave up attending RU matches after one incident .
Sport is ever evolving and tolerance is lessening .

In Australian Football we have the code of conduct for all players ,coaches and supporters . That is the direction .
Bury your heads in the sand at your own peril .

The difference is that that none of the trolls here ever consider that it would be better

In Australian Football we have the code of conduct for all players ,coaches and supporters . That is the direction .

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're a wuss.

I've sat at AFL games where people have spat at each other, abused the crap out of each other with foul language around kids, punched each other, but it's never put me off the game.

You have elements in a game which simply wont go away regardless.

The fact you get upset by a bit of name calling as well makes you an even bigger wuss.

It's staggering to think you actually believe AFL is the only game with a code of conduct.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're a wuss.

I've sat at AFL games where people have spat at each other, abused the crap out of each other with foul language around kids, punched each other, but it's never put me off the game.

You have elements in a game which simply wont go away regardless.

The fact you get upset by a bit of name calling as well makes you an even bigger wuss.

It's staggering to think you actually believe AFL is the only game with a code of conduct.
What do you expect when you barrack for Collingwood? :p

You really do have the skin thickness of Tally Ho paper. Giving up on a sport after "one incident".. fu k me. We must "erradicate errant behaviour"... fu k me. Are you in charge of the Fun Police?

You really do have the skin thickness of Tally Ho paper. Giving up on a sport after "one incident".. fu k me. We must "erradicate errant behaviour"... fu k me. Are you in charge of the Fun Police?

Hehe, cuz sounds like the type who would complain if he went to the netball and one of those cute hot chicks little skirt rod up too far. :D

i'll never look at the sport again, all the players are tramps and ****s.

I didn't say that . That's your interpretation .
You seem more reasonable than your fellows ,
but I have yet to see any anything that you're against errand conduct .
Instead you point out other instances and attack me for my position.
That only re inforces my position .

You guys look like you have your head in the sand on this one . Fine .
It'll be a detraction on your code as is all the other negative behavior
of all the codes on themselves . You can't isolate supporters from the package .
You think I'm a wuzz . Fine . Like I said I know of a number of
people who don't engage in public over one negative situation .

:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Media reaction: SL-NRL expansion vs. AFL two-team expansion plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back