Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayshaw, BT, Hodge, Carey are terrible. The worst part of all AFL commentary is that they feel like they need to fill every moment of the game with words.
Ricciuto, Russell even worse I'd say. Darcy can be bad when he is going. Dermie ranges from being excellent to arguably the worst of all... and spends much more time at the bottom of his range than the top of late.

You can count the number of actual good commentators in footy on one hand.

Brayshaw, BT, Hodge, Carey are terrible. The worst part of all AFL commentary is that they feel like they need to fill every moment of the game with words.
Agreed except for Carey, for an absolute campaigner of a human he was (to me) a surprisingly good commentator.

BT is way over rated, he often goes so far over the top he can sound like he is doing an impression of a 15 yo girl at a Beatle's concert.

At the other end of the scale Brayshaw, Hodge, and I will add Darcy to the list, are as boring as batsh*t.

Russell is arguably the most disappointing of all of them though, how he has gone from the sensible ABC sports reporter he once was to the BS comments that too regularly come out of his mouth since he has been on commercial tv just about defies belief.

As a special comments person, Carey is reasonable. 😐
Kick by kick I'd go Hudson easily best, Papalia and Bennett are ok. 😀
The rest - meh! 😡👎

Bad - Rooshitto is unbelievably poor. 😠 Much as I love him as a player, Burger is woeful. 🥺
Hodge's first season I thought was great. Since then he's been schooled into the inane verbal diarrhoea narrative of the other bozos 😒
Not much you can say about the others, except "don't give up your day jobs boys and girls, cos you ain't that good at this caper"! 🙄👎😱

It's crazy, the kid went from being worth two firsts plus Butters and Wines. But after he leaves a vic club to come back home and he's well and truly a liability. Vic media need to dry their eyes, move on and wish the kid the best.

Hell hath no fury like a HeArTLaNd cLuB scorned.

When Ben Jacobs — who never wanted to be here, and in terms of his vaunted left boot made Nathan Lonie look like Luke Hodge — walked to the draft after 2 years it was a case of, ‘what did that basketcase expect?’

“At least he saw out his contract”,
is usually the [laughable] refrain.

Mmmm, because the extra 12 months he lingered before leaving for nothing sure trumps getting a huge compensation package one season ahead of time, doesn’t it 🤪

It's simple. They showed up for preseason and inspired some confidence from their supporters. It's hardly rocket science. Imagine if we had belted WC and beat Fremantle? It would have at least had some of us supporters looking forward to the start of the season and more importantly given the team some real confidence going into a hard start to the season. Look, I hope we turn it on against Brisbane as much as anyone, I just don't believe we are good enough to flirt with form like that. Also, if you rock up for the first two genuine practice matches playing the same junk footy that cost you very winnable games last year, it hardly inspires you to see us winning much this year. I hope that's wrong.
So I'm glad I was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7cdaa71e368cc152925ff4f3cdfd495d.jpg

That’s miles away from being JHF

To be honest, it’s only the socks and the play style that helps me see the difference. When Bergman’s pic came up on screen I thought he was JHF 😂

To be honest, it’s only the socks and the play style that helps me see the difference. When Bergman’s pic came up on screen I thought he was JHF 😂
It doesn’t matter what you thought. Those bunch of amateurs are paid to get these things correct. FFS front page. Wouldn’t have happened if it were a scum player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back