News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any more info on Jake Waterman? For those who haven't heard, his dad said on SEN WA that there's a very slight chance he won't play again, and might be on medication for the rest of his life. They're saying bowel infection or an inflammatory disease

I suggest its reasonably obvious that Trev has been given his orders, including keep away from the media and public announcements. A lot can be read into this, but i will not speculate
An entire clean out is needed. I don't care if nisbett is your surname, or you've got friends on the board - get out.

Is there any more info on Jake Waterman? For those who haven't heard, his dad said on SEN WA that there's a very slight chance he won't play again, and might be on medication for the rest of his life. They're saying bowel infection or an inflammatory disease

Some posters were slamming our club over this after only hearing Muddy's version on Sen.

Sometimes it's good to get both sides of the story before putting the boots in.

Might be easier to buy if the club didn't have form for complete disregard for reality when it suits them in recent years...

Obvs Waterman may have some issue with the way he feels Alec was treated through his first stint.

Let's consider the waters Muddied!

So who's truth is more correct?

Not sure Muddy would pot the club in it's current state without feeling aggrieved.
Somewhere in the middle the truth lies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who's truth is more correct?

Not sure Muddy would pot the club in it's current state without feeling aggrieved.

Reads to me as if they're disappointed the club didn't check in from a welfare POV more than a medical one.

Not a lot to glean from this one either. Not a lot of questions and most not really too detailed.

Last edited:

Reads to me as if they're disappointed the club didn't check in from a welfare POV more than a medical one.

And I don't think Sr is going over the top either. Just a worried Dad.

I doubt many club officials understood the severity and even if they did it would probably get lost in the chaos that is our season and our club.

He's probably right though with the 'if everyone did their job', but clearly we're still understaffed and a total mess, so not surprising.

In the last two days we have heard extreme criticism from Scott Cummings and K Cornes.
Cummings criticism was around experienced players not having a go or similar. FFS, Scott was one of the laziest, unfit players who refused to chase and do the hard things in football. Moved on from 4 clubs! (Yes, he had a good year with us)
As for Cornes, wasn't he a member of the team that holds the record for being beaten by the the biggest amount in VFL/AFL history? 119 points in 2007. Nice record to be part of Kane!

In the last two days we have heard extreme criticism from Scott Cummings and K Cornes.
Cummings criticism was around experienced players not having a go or similar. FFS, Scott was one of the laziest, unfit players who refused to chase and do the hard things in football. Moved on from 4 clubs! (Yes, he had a good year with us)
As for Cornes, wasn't he a member of the team that holds the record for being beaten by the the biggest amount in VFL/AFL history? 119 points in 2007. Nice record to be part of Kane!
Cummings even admitted on the show he was dirty on WC for not resigning him.

The thing with Cornes is, he's on the AFL website, FC, The Sunday Footy Show and Sen and writes a column for the Age.

So a lot of what he's says is just continually repeated.
That story about Harley Reid not going to WC has been on at least 3 different shows.

What coach goes into a game and says to them "were going to lose, don't give a crap what you guys do out there LoL"

A Coach's job is to motivate troops, even if the odds are insurmountable.

It didn't work, but you still have to try. Do some of you guys have any idea how that actually works?
Correct 👍
Some really stupid post in here at the mo.

Mark Duffield said today on SEN with Whately that West Coast barely did any contact work during the pre season to work on some apparent new game style and to keep their list perfectly healthy for round 1. If that's true then all the injuries we've gotten from tackles and contact make sense now cos it seems like every third tackle or bump we're seeing a bloke wreck their legs or get their ankles caught and wrenched under them.

I've never experienced a more brittle group of players than this years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back