News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBadger35: "Yo guys we are struggling for villan nominations on the WCE bigfooty pod"
Vic Media ol bois club: "Hol mah bur"

Also another serves as another nod to the ability of D.Burgess (currently at Adelaide) in being the best in the business when it comes to player conditioning and injury prevention.

Yep

If the club is prepared to set fire to a huge pile of cash in soft cap penalties I’d much prefer it be by throwing a godfather offer at Burgess to leave Adelaide than paying Simmo to sink beers on a beach

366198357_307697101626730_4903022318038900794_n.jpg

Yep

If the club is prepared to set fire to a huge pile of cash in soft cap penalties I’d much prefer it be by throwing a godfather offer at Burgess to leave Adelaide than paying Simmo to sink beers on a beach

Won't be getting Burgess - he's a South Australian. Left Melbourne after just two seasons there because he wanted to go back to SA and had worked with M.Nicks previously at both Port Adelaide and Sydney.

Completely agree with the premise however.

There are plenty of exceptionally knowledgeable people in sports science across Europe and the US that would be gettable now in the post-Covid world.

F**k the soft-cap. Appoint someone as a "Board Member", gift them some HJs franchises and start slaying the injury list.

F**k it, just sign up a whole team of international sports science experts as an "Advisory Panel" to the Board Members.

Better yet, setup a foundation for "WA football development", based at our training facilities, with the above experts, and get ECU, the WAFC and State Government involved in a mutual benefit co-funding arrangement.

F**k their soft cap. And f**k their attempts to ruin this club.

Get creative and put our money-bin to use.

Not a great comeback by Schofield. That was just incoherent babble.

I saw on other media outlets highlighting that we committed those extra numbers to the contest in the middle of the ground to lock the ball in there and prevent it getting out. Which obviously didn't work. And maybe it was the wrong call. But it is a legitimate decision you could make to commit your resources to stopping the opposition getting a clearance in the middle as opposed to having a spare in the back 50.

I wonder if Buckley had the balls to accuse Simpson to his face of tanking when he was on the phone with him? I bet he didn't. I bet he was all matey with him on the phone to lull him into a false sense of security and get him to give detailed responses. See if he makes any partial confessions. He probably implied that he was going to be Simpson's white knight in the Victorian media defending his honour against these accusations from other commentators. Then he goes out there and sticks the knife in his back.

Last edited:

I saw on other media outlets highlighting that we committed those extra numbers to the contest in the middle of the ground to lock the ball in there and prevent it getting out. Which obviously didn't work. And maybe it was the wrong call. But it is a legitimate decision you could make to commit your resources to stopping the opposition getting a clearance in the middle as opposed to having a spare in the back 50.

I wonder if Buckley had the balls to accuse Simpson to his face of tanking when he was on the phone with him? I bet he didn't. I bet he was all matey with him on the phone to lull him into a false sense of security and get him to give detailed responses. See if he makes any partial confessions. He probably implied that he was going to be Simpson's white knight in the Victorian media defending his honour against these accusations from other commentators. Then he goes out there and sticks the knife in his back.
The way the umpired threw the ball up didn't exactly help the situation...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a stunning post.

Has an opinion that a great sledge was incoherent babble

Then goes off on what you can only describe as …. an incoherent babble

The Rock Clapping GIF

The self awareness of the above post is simply stunning.

It's called humour mate.

You should try it some time.

Bit of a bizarre take. While it has been good the way the Matilda's have done well and captured the attention of sports fans, a large part of it is due to the fact it's a world cup and it's being hosted here in Aus. The drive-by on AFLW was uncalled for.

Proof in the pudding will be to see what effect the women's world cup has on the WLeague and if there's any boost to their viewership numbers. That's a better comparison to be making here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back