News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A postscript on Buckley talking to Simmo about tanking - wonder if Simmo asked Buckley if he had extras behind the ball in 2018. If so it is not a proven tactic. And if not was he … tanking?

Disagree that the Women's World Cup is high quality. I watched the Matildas vs Denmark game and the difference in skill between the men and women is stark. The passing was poor, the strategy, just hoofing it towards goal in the hope a striker could break free. It's not terrible and I watched along with others because the Matildas are competitive and it's a home tournament. But it compares poorly to tennis or Olympic sports, where the skills of the women are on par with men, it's just a strength difference.
Not as skillful as the men's game but the games I've watched have been far more enjoyable than the men's game usually is.
Far more attacking and a shitload less rolling around on the ground faking injuries

It's funny watching thise Freo nuffs constantly try claiming the Derby is WCE's grand final and then their player goes out and says this..

Not as skillful as the men's game but the games I've watched have been far more enjoyable than the men's game usually is.
Far more attacking and a shitload less rolling around on the ground faking injuries
There are a lot of men's teams that aren't that great either.
They are not all Man City or Real Madrid.
The Tildas are much better to watch than most A League games or indeed the Aus mens team.

Most embarassing thing I've ever read.

Jesus. Feel for Fremantle they need to fill up their trophy cabinet.

The derby cups are the best they got.

Somebody be nice and wish Fremantle happy grand final week

It's funny watching thise Freo nuffs constantly try claiming the Derby is WCE's grand final and then their player goes out and says this..

fnerd processing this information

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will prevail in derby’s clash of styles?

Western derby 57: Form rise and contrasting styles promises competitive clash between Fremantle, West Coast​

Aaron Kirby
Thu, 10 August 2023 5:18PM

Western derby 57 is shaping up as a game of contrasting styles as Champion Data reveals the numbers behind Fremantle and West Coast’s mini resurgence.
Both teams have found flashes of form across the past fortnight after lacklustre campaigns, with gutsy wins and a nail-biting defeat inspiring hope their 57th meeting on Saturday night will live up to the rich history of the cross-town rivalry.

Fremantle have made no secret of being a team that scores from clearances.
When their engine room, featuring Caleb Serong and Andrew Brayshaw, plays well, the Dockers can match it with the best of them, as evidenced in their shock upset of Geelong at GMHBA Stadium.

So it’s no surprise over the past three weeks they have lifted themselves into the top six clubs in the competition for clearances and points kicked from those clearances.

Most impressively, Fremantle produced a score from 40 per cent of centre clearances won, the highest conversion rate in the competition across the past three weeks, leading to them kicking the most points in the league from that source.
It helps that Luke Jackson is currently rated by Champion Data as the second-best ruckman in the AFL, “purely assessing players in the ruck across 2023”, behind Melbourne skipper Max Gawn.

On the other hand, the Eagles midfield’s inability to win the ball from clearances has seen their undermanned defence besieged throughout 2023.

But West Coast have found a silver lining in recent weeks, making those defenders an attacking weapon.
Despite going down to the Bombers by a point in a heartbreaker at Marvel Stadium last week, the Eagles produced 43 points from defensive transitions - moving the ball from the back 50 to score - their best return since round four of their premiership season.

Their percentage of turning defensive transitions into points was also the fourth highest registered since 2017, at 60 per cent.
West Coast’s turnaround in pressure efforts has also made them the third-best team at scoring from turnovers over the last two rounds.
Tom Cole’s progression after returning from injury clearly indicates the shift in style.
Between rounds 18 and 21, he has been rated elite in intercept marks, intercept possessions, uncontested possessions and marks.

Get the feeling it was a bit of stab when he said their grand final but then he remembered there bottom 4 also and quickly made up for it saying our grand final too. Surprised one of the west journalists haven’t ran with it to cause a bit of spice I think if one of our boys said it , it would be back page.

From the boys at the mongrel punt 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1769765
Can I just say that Ace is not Gordie's older brother. That would be John Cusack, and the character is already dead when the film begins. Keefer's Ace is the jerk who takes Gordie's Yankees cap that his brother gave to him. Does any 'journo' do any homework before writing anything?

Can I just say that Ace is not Gordie's older brother. That would be John Cusack, and the character is already dead when the film begins. Keefer's Ace is the jerk who takes Gordie's Yankees cap that his brother gave to him. Does any 'journo' do any homework before writing anything?

Send it in to Media Watch.

Gotta be the best boys childhood friendship movie.

There’s only one Ace….

IMG_0660.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back