News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles ranked 17th for young core u24 (according to SEN anyway). Not sure how we can be behind some of the other teams like Cats, Demons, Pies, Lions who barely have anyone U24. We may not be in contention right now but we are building a good young core.
SEN mate. They're useless.

Eagles ranked 17th for young core u24 (according to SEN anyway). Not sure how we can be behind some of the other teams like Cats, Demons, Pies, Lions who barely have anyone U24. We may not be in contention right now but we are building a good young core.

We’ll Brisbane have Dev Robertson in their top 5 u24 so obviously they are better than us

Kind of expected SEN to be more favourable to the WA teams (of all sports) after Hutchy purchased the wildcats
Which station flogged the whole 'Reid doesn't want to go to Perth' narrative the entire season? That'll tell you what's important to SEN.

How Bailey W isnt in our top 5 is beyond me Long & Hough stiff.

My lord SEN suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These articles only ever mention the gold coast academy haul. If it was just Gold Coast then I think more people would understand but there is no way that Lions / Swans and even GWS should be getting that sort of advantage. Where's the article on why Lions and Swans should be getting the same acadmey access as the rest of us.

These articles only ever mention the gold coast academy haul. If it was just Gold Coast then I think more people would understand but there is no way that Lions / Swans and even GWS should be getting that sort of advantage. Where's the article on why Lions and Swans should be getting the same acadmey access as the rest of us.
Agreed, when Sydney are playing finals every year off the back of Mills, Heeney, Gulden, Blakey, Campbell and GWS with Green, Himmelberg, Cumming, Perryman (and trading away Hopper, Steele, Kennedy etc. for good picks) the attention should be on them, not the basket case that is the Suns

That's.... not a bad line-up.

Problem is uncompetitive midfield with no developed backups. As long as the key players are fit the forward line and backline are very competitive. The club literally has no developed true inside mids. Kelly and Sheed can play there but are much better as secondary stoppage midfielders not centre square mids. They are also both weak/very weak defensively and the close quarters style of centre bounces badly blunts their good skills on the outside.

That's.... not a bad line-up.
Always has looked very solid and I can see why they wanted to trade F1 for Curtin. If that team gets on the park for 15+ games then we’re not finishing bottom and may even climb out of the bottom 4 depending on where the cutoff is. Anything similar to this year and it may be a stretch (ie Cats Freo and Bombers all needing 10 wins to finish 12-14) but it’s definitely not impossible, albeit still unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back