Club Focus Melbourne 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

I read it as 'we'd like to open the bidding'.

You're username is quite apt in my reaction to Melbourne. WTF are we doing? Clubs like Carlton, Collingwood, Port , Brisbane are getting busy and aggressive to improve their respective lists. Melbourne are stagnant and stagnating.

I am hearing Melbourne are enquiring about Bailey Williams and Jamieson (WCE)

2 different ends of the spectrum in regards to cost

Prepared to offer a late first for B.Williams

Jamieson for a pretty late pick (pick upgrade)

B.Williams to be the Ruck/Fwd for a few years and then take over Gawns spot in a few

Jamieson as pure back up break glass case

Bailey Williams we couldn't afford to lose, would hurt us too much

Jamieson we could afford to let go

I know we have a lot of interest in Taylor Goad the SA ruck in this draft, if we let Jamieson go we would need a pick in late 30's
to get Taylor

Bailey Williams we couldn't afford to lose, would hurt us too much

Jamieson we could afford to let go

I know we have a lot of interest in Taylor Goad the SA ruck in this draft, if we let Jamieson go we would need a pick in late 30's
to get Taylor
You would turn down say a pick 13 or F1 for B.Williams?

I think eagles would see Flynn, B.Williams, H.Barnett and whoever they pick up late (C.Livingstone Academy) as more than enough

I am hearing Melbourne are enquiring about Bailey Williams and Jamieson (WCE)

2 different ends of the spectrum in regards to cost

Prepared to offer a late first for B.Williams

Jamieson for a pretty late pick (pick upgrade)

B.Williams to be the Ruck/Fwd for a few years and then take over Gawns spot in a few

Jamieson as pure back up break glass case
Id take pick 13 for B.Williams, as long as we get Flynn. Shame to see him go, hes been great this year, but 13 is a great pick for him. Rather lose Jamo for a pick though if possible

Pick 13 for Bailey Williams?! :straining:

Surely Dees aim higher than Bailey. Not that he's no good but he wouldn't move the needle for them.
He would be an upgrade in the forward line to what the dees currently have, as well as being reasonable backup for Gawn. Would be a decent get if they want to push for another premiership with the current list. He is probably gettable with pick 13, there isnt much else out there tbh
2024 is probably the last chance they get with May and Gawn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 13 for Bailey Williams?! :straining:

Surely Dees aim higher than Bailey. Not that he's no good but he wouldn't move the needle for them.
Who else is there thats better and can play as a forward aswell

Grundy couldnt, who else is better thats potentially available?

Dees are in desperate need of a backup ruck thats better than Naismith from the VFL if they can get him, which they may have to go earlier than normal on in the ND to lock him away if they miss everyone in trade week

He would be an upgrade in the forward line to what the dees currently have, as well as being reasonable backup for Gawn. Would be a decent get if they want to push for another premiership with the current list. He is probably gettable with pick 13, there isnt much else out there tbh
2024 is probably the last chance they get with May and Gawn
Who else is there thats better and can play as a forward aswell

Grundy couldnt, who else is better thats potentially available?

Dees are in desperate need of a backup ruck thats better than Naismith from the VFL if they can get him, which they may have to go earlier than normal on in the ND to lock him away if they miss everyone in trade week
He wouldn't be an upgrade as a forward on Petty or Van Rooyen. They'd be better off making do with one of those 2 in the ruck for 5 minutes a quarter when Max needs a rest. Chol would be a better fit and cheaper but I suspect they have something big in the works.

He wouldn't be an upgrade as a forward on Petty or Van Rooyen. They'd be better off making do with one of those 2 in the ruck for 5 minutes a quarter when Max needs a rest. Chol would be a better fit and cheaper but I suspect they have something big in the works.
Max isnt getting any younger. Idk about you but i wouldnt rate Chol anywhere near BJW, especially when as you say, they already have 2 key forwards and it would be a ruck/fwd role.
That being said BJW probably isnt on the table so it doesnt matter. Chol will be gotten super cheap

Max isnt getting any younger. Idk about you but i wouldnt rate Chol anywhere near BJW, especially when as you say, they already have 2 key forwards and it would be a ruck/fwd role.
That being said BJW probably isnt on the table so it doesnt matter. Chol will be gotten super cheap
As a forward? It's not even close. They need a forward who can ruck, not a ruck who they can plonk in the forward line.

Chol makes Sam Weideman look like Jonathan Brown in terms of hardness

Nah. Chol isn't a great competitor either but no one in the league makes Weideman look hard. Well maybe Josh Schache....
Chol is softer than Schache. He is the softest player in the league.

Could possibly play with Gawn if Williams could be more of a forward. With an eye to taking over from Gawn in a few years perhaps.
Haven't you just been through the 'Gawn as a forward' experiment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Melbourne 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back