n!ck

Rookie
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,26020722-661,00.html

Mike Sheehan

September 03, 2009 10:53am

Melbourne have changed their mind and decided that they want to draft Daniel Rich instead of "Hack Watts". They will be appealing the draft on the grounds that they had the number one draft pick, and should get the number one player. The AFL is considering appeal and are expected to make an announcement in the next few days.

That's a sound Jack Watts will make plenty of times in his impending career:

wattsmaccas.jpg

Guaranteed they would choose Natanui or Rich given their time again.

In fact, if everyone knew then what they know now, I wonder what # pick Watts would go.

40?

50?

Higher?

Well... given the way the season has gone you would have to think he would struggle to make the top 10. Would have gone mid 30's probably... purely based on his form in U18's.

What a difference 12 months makes.... if players had to wait until they were 19 until they were drafted guys like Watts would never get drafted because they get shown up. He reminds me of an Andrew McDougall who did well at junior level but as soon as he stepped up he was as soft as icecream on a 40 degree day. Jackie Watts appears to have all the same female attributes.

I am still laughing about Gary Lyon raving on TFS about Watts and how he was taking his kids to see his first game because it is going to be something special.

He could actually become a modern day Richard Lounder.

Geez people must live sad lives they get joy out of bagging a 3 game AFL player who is only 18. I wouldnt trade Watts for Rich now everyone knew that Rich was going to be a ready made football player in his 1st year.

Geez people must live sad lives they get joy out of bagging a 3 game AFL player who is only 18. I wouldnt trade Watts for Rich now everyone knew that Rich was going to be a ready made football player in his 1st year.

Well la dee da, mister cant take a joke.
LOL at you.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back