Melbourne president doesn't even bother showing up

Remove this Banner Ad

One important difference: Oxfam will still be around in ten years.

What a load of crap.

Eddie couldn't do his presidential duties on Friday night because of his media commitments, so what?
Does that means he isn't doing everything he possibly can for the club? Of course not.

If it was a home game then it may be different, but really who gives a ****? Some of the posters on this thread are serial Melbourne sh$t stirrers who I'm sure would have bagged him for cancelling his other duty and coming to the game as Adrian1 said earlier. Oh and I loved Katthawk's calling rory a fairweather supporter, what a pathetic low point to a pathetic thread.
Don't bother responding to this if you are going to use the same inane arguements already posted.

really strange discussion. Many club presidents miss games for a variety of reasons, especially harsh on somebody who had every intention of going to the game but couldn't make it in the end. would not even been mentioned if they had of won the game. the club presidents do a massive job on a VOLUNTARY BASIS with very little thanks in many cases, a bit rich for the average person to question the commitment of such a person.

Originally posted by Demonheart
What a load of crap.

Eddie couldn't do his presidential duties on Friday night because of his media commitments, so what?
Does that means he isn't doing everything he possibly can for the club? Of course not.

If it was a home game then it may be different, but really who gives a ****? Some of the posters on this thread are serial Melbourne sh$t stirrers who I'm sure would have bagged him for cancelling his other duty and coming to the game as Adrian1 said earlier. Oh and I loved Katthawk's calling rory a fairweather supporter, what a pathetic low point to a pathetic thread.
Don't bother responding to this if you are going to use the same inane arguements already posted.

Woohoo!! What a red and blue tattered rag to show to a Hawk!

You're right. Nothing more to add. If you keep dispensing drivel directed at the wrong target than you have no hope.

Keep flying that tattered flag. Or shall someone fix it soon? Hope so for your sake.

No personal attacks necessary. :D

Originally posted by Porthos
Is Gardner the president of Oxfam too? If not, then I'd definitely say he made a wrong decision.

When Melbourne fans are making a choice on how to spend their disposable income, even the Melbourne president has charity ahead of the MFC.
No he isnt,but the Chief executive of Oxfam is a D's supporter.And why hasnt Oooze B magic made a comment on this issue?.

It was a Hawthorn home game, so Gardner probably wouldn't have had any corporate functions to speak at. If he'd missed a home game and hadn't addressed the president's lunch that would have got the corporates offside, but I doubt he's absence on Saturday would have been a problem to too many people.

Originally posted by Katthawk
Woohoo!! What a red and blue tattered rag to show to a Hawk!

You're right. Nothing more to add. If you keep dispensing drivel directed at the wrong target than you have no hope.

Keep flying that tattered flag. Or shall someone fix it soon? Hope so for your sake.

No personal attacks necessary. :D

What the **** are you on about? My comments towards you was pointing out the absurdity of you labeling rory a fairweather supporter for the comment he made, but why should the facts get in the way of a good troll right? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Demonheart
What the **** are you on about? My comments towards you was pointing out the absurdity of you labeling rory a fairweather supporter for the comment he made, but why should the facts get in the way of a good troll right? :rolleyes:

My apologies to rory.... Sorry.

As for you well, you're truly asking for it. Play the ball and not the errr... man. :D

Seriously you sound like you're trying to kick a goal but your foot keeps missing the ball each time.

I am getting more troll like by the minute with this rubbish you keep coming up with.

Fixed the tattered flag yet?

Originally posted by Katthawk
My apologies to rory.... Sorry.

As for you well, you're truly asking for it. Play the ball and not the errr... man. :D

Seriously you sound like you're trying to kick a goal but your foot keeps missing the ball each time.

I am getting more troll like by the minute with this rubbish you keep coming up with.

Fixed the tattered flag yet?

Well I got an apology out of you so I must be doing pretty well ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Melbourne president doesn't even bother showing up

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
I think he has missed a couple since 1997, but not too many.

But certainly not the opening round. And he definitely didn't miss games when the club was under the pump last year.

My issue isn't with Gardiner missing a match here and there, or even his reason for missing the game. It's the fact he missed THIS game. The Demons woes are well documented. The calls for people to turn up and support them have been numerous.

What sort of message is it sending the rank and file Melbourne supporters when the President doesn't even show up for Round 1. For a club notorious for people failing to show up it's not a good look.

He didn't exactly choose to give this game a miss though did he mate? He originally thought this commitment would not affect his commitment to the MFC, a rescheduling meant he was tied in.

Damned if you do damned if you dont, if the guy walks (pardon the pun) out on a charity, he'd be bagged anyway.

Suprised to see that this thread hasn't developed into a fully-fledged bagging Melbourne thread, apart from the odd village idiot. Great to see opposition supporters actually discussing things and not just repeating stale jokes.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne president doesn't even bother showing up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back