Cancelled
Suspended
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 8, 2004
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
what are your guys expectations?

even thgouh, well, you haven't eactly had a few stellar season lately, I do recall you beating us once in the last few years, and obviously on your way to Wizard cup glory - and I don't tihnk you match up on us too badly.

Reckon you're in with a shot, or at this stage are you happy with a good showing?

Will Walker play in the middle this year? Any chance we'll see ihm line up on his best mate Colin Sylvia?

I'll be turning up expecting to be belting out the theme song at the end of the game.

If we win, it will be ugly. Fair to say most of our wins this season will be ugly. But I'll take that.

Round 1, new season, fresh outlook.

Bring it on.

cypher said:
I'll be happy with a good showing but I still expect us to go into this game looking for a win. Walker will line up on the HBF so it could get very ugly for Sylvia if that match up occurs.

Colin might only get one handpass again. :)

you being serious or what?

The Demons mid's have too much class and flair for our blokes who seem to run around with the Benny Hill theme tune on full noise.... with the repeat button stuck on.

Demons by 12 goals.

Snoozer said:
The Demons mid's have too much class and flair for our blokes who seem to run around with the Benny Hill theme tune on full noise.... with the repeat button stuck on.

Demons by 12 goals.

Funny analogy, but damnit, now i'm sitting at work with that damn Benny Hill music stuck in my head. damn you snoozer

HugeBluesFan said:
If we can find a suitable matchup for Robertson and manage to hold him, that will go along way in determining the outcome of the match.

Agree. We've persisted with Teague against Robertson, but he is neither quick enough or strong enough a matchup. I don't think we really have a particularly good match up for him at the moment. Might be a case of lessening the damage, as opposed to completely shutting him out of the game.

If our midfield apply pressure by chasing, tackling and most importantly manning up, we should be right in the mix.

I just want them to man up, chase and tackle hard. Simply to compete hard at the simple things that don't require talent!

HugeBluesFan said:
If we can find a suitable matchup for Robertson and manage to hold him, that will go along way in determining the outcome of the match.

Don't forget Rivers is out too, so that probably means Waite will be playing against a reserves level backman. I reckon your forwardline oculd fire and cause an upset.

Mind you, I completely expect Melbourne to beat you soundly.

rick James said:
Don't forget Rivers is out too, so that probably means Waite will be playing against a reserves level backman. I reckon your forwardline oculd fire and cause an upset.

Mind you, I completely expect Melbourne to beat you soundly.

I dont think our midfield will get enough of it. If its 50/50 in there then we could well convert better but I think we have 5 midfielders and Melbourne has 7 to 8 and that will tell as the games goes on. In time on in quaters and in the last quater Melbourne will run away with it.
Melbourne have more class and there runners kick the ball better.

cypher said:
I'll be happy with a good showing but I still expect us to go into this game looking for a win. Walker will line up on the HBF so it could get very ugly for Sylvia if that match up occurs.

Colin might only get one handpass again. :)

I love your Denny Crane quote, what a great show should be on prime time, one of the best on TV wasted at 10:30 pm.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTTF said:
Agree. We've persisted with Teague against Robertson, but he is neither quick enough or strong enough a matchup. I don't think we really have a particularly good match up for him at the moment. Might be a case of lessening the damage, as opposed to completely shutting him out of the game.

If our midfield apply pressure by chasing, tackling and most importantly manning up, we should be right in the mix.

I just want them to man up, chase and tackle hard. Simply to compete hard at the simple things that don't require talent!

Agree with that. We don't seem to have a good match up for Robbo atm. Only one that I can think of could be Saddington, but is he ready to play?

rick James said:
Maybe if we had a player called Robinson...

We have no matchup for Robertson. Nothing wrong with that. Hardly any team does to be honest and why he shredded plenty of teams last year. He is an elite player. Maybe Clement and Leo Barry would be good matchups for speed, athleticism and body strength but we have nobody remotely like that.

Rick James? Weren't you banned for slagging off an ex-mod in a pre-season thread???

Anywho, I am putting $100 on you guys to roll over the Demons. My gut instincts are rarely wrong. Just a feeling you'll surprise them.

Carmichael said:
Rick James? Weren't you banned for slagging off an ex-mod in a pre-season thread???

Anywho, I am putting $100 on you guys to roll over the Demons. My gut instincts are rarely wrong. Just a feeling you'll surprise them.

Carmichael? um.. hi! I've never noticed you earlier, but no I wasn't banned for pwning that ex-mod for being an idiot, just suspended for swearing somewhere else on Bigfooty, it appears Bigfooty admin agreed with my thoughts on the very poor effort by Thrawn in that thread.

On topic, it wouldn't shock me if Carlton won.

Carmichael said:
I don't post often, but most of the time is on TLC.

The um.. hi! reminds me of when Ralph offered Lisa a walk home in The Simpsons. :p

oh.. yeah TLC... I remember it fondly... not as in fondling.. but as in... i remember it being fun to hang out there.... alas Fred is a big meanie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back