Melbourne V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by goaldrush1977
Sack everyone. They are all crap.

Have been since they signed Tony Woods.

I think you should take M29's advice though. Even the voices are telling you it's the right thing to do.

Originally posted by robbie67
Have been since they signed Tony Woods.

I think you should take M29's advice though. Even the voices are telling you it's the right thing to do.
Stick to your team Robbie. I know you're a mad keen bombers fan. Therefore there is no need for you to bag the crap out of me or my team.

Stick to your team Robbie. I know you're a mad keen bombers fan. Therefore there is no need for you to bag the crap out of me or my team.

I thought you'd spat the dummy and starting supporting Brisbane now?

Besides, why weren't you at the game? - half your posts were during the third term...disgrace.

McDonald > Schwab.

Schwab is the worst Hawthorn coach i've seen, Knight and Judge included.

3 competitive quarters today! :D

sure as hell beats the 8 consecutive uncompetitive quarters of rubbish i'd been tortured with for the last two weeks.

We're now a genuine chance to give that wooden spoon the slip.

our skills were terrible today, forward structure didn't suit the gameplan - but long balls into the forward fifty - yeahhh!

dees waaayyy too good accross full and half back. when our forward line fell over in the last quarter they cleared it without trouble. they missed out on a chance at % tho. given that sides that won't make the finals have belted us by double what the dees did...

its not all doom and gloom at hawthorn.

Sack everyone. They are all crap.

Sack everyone and hen what? Get the Little leaguers to turn out on Saturdays?

Swoosie, do you ever go to any matches or are you an armchair/cybergeek fan only? Apart form sacking everyone, what is your great strategy for turning aroung the plight of this once great club.

Building a house takes time. You need good solid foundations and to invest in and build with good solid timber, not that termite-ridden stuff that you keep buying off dodgy Kev.

Originally posted by Jeebus
He makes a good Cheese burger.

wash thou mouth out with artificially flavoured pig fat! - the only good thing bout Mcdonald is his very convieniant toilets ahhhh the Mc$h##...

Originally posted by lamby29
Travis Johnstone and Adem Yze = Elite.

'Elite' is somebody that when they come out of contract 14 clubs are coming after them judd style.

'A Grade' would be better suited for Yze

'erratic' would be better suited for Johnstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort by the hawks today for 3 quarters, good signs for next year. Everitt played really well and Nick Holland's game today was probably his best for a very long time.

But it's nice to be on top ;)

Can I get an unbiased view from someone with regards to the umpiring today, particulary the 3rd quarter, was it good/bad/crap or same as all season?

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
Travis Johnstone... building into a crescendo for September

what a gem he is

The type of soft receiver who will go typically missing in September. Ordinary footballer played his annual decent game today, as usual against the bottom side.;)

Melbourne are a better side then we are, and the result was fitting given what both sides had out on the park.

Thought Graham was doing a good on Neitz, before the Melbourne skipper shut the door in a 2 minute final term burst - terrific footy.

For us, Holland played his best game for awhile. Everitt won the battle of the AA ruckmen for the second time this year, and Bateman showed again why he should be given 120 minutes each - very good player.

In all honesty can't see Melbourne matching it with the likes of Brisbane, Geelong and St Kilda in the finals - just not physical enough. Having said that, if they can grab a top two finish their MCG experience could see them last awhile.

**** game. Big hand, though, to the Hawthorn supporters sitting next to me and providing comedy moments for the whole game.

Everytime one of their players took a mark they were going "oh now kick it sideways. KICK IT SIDEWAYS YOU ********? What are you doing kicking it towards the goals?"

Top work boys.

Originally posted by superstar
The type of soft receiver who will go typically missing in September. Ordinary footballer played his annual decent game today, as usual against the bottom side.;)
That's where you're wrong. Johnstone has a ****ing good record in finals. Let me know if you want me to bring up the stats.

That's where you're wrong. Johnstone has a ****ing good record in finals. Let me know if you want me to bring up the stats.

Superstar must have missed Johnstones 2002 Finals series

ho hum

I'd be interested to see his 4th quarter stats in that game against Adelaide - you know, when the game matters.:rolleyes:

He played 3 good quraters and then typically went into his shell when the game was in the balance.

Soft squib wouldn't get a sniff against Melbourne, St Kilda or Brisbane unless he replaced the weed with coke.

I'd be interested to see his 4th quarter stats in that game against Adelaide - you know, when the game matters.:rolleyes:
I think he was a little tired after virtually single-handedly turning a 40 point deficit into a 28 point lead.

He played 3 good quraters and then typically went into his shell when the game was in the balance.
See above.

Soft squib wouldn't get a sniff against Melbourne, St Kilda or Brisbane unless he replaced the weed with coke.
Well it's a bit hard to get a kick against the team you play for, but didn't he dominate against the Saints just 4 weeks ago?

He struggled against the Lions like the rest of the team.

Really?

'98 - 9 poss + 1 goal
'00 - 13 poss, 18 poss, 16 poss
'02 - 18 poss + 1 goal, 25 poss + 4 goals

That to me looks like one great game and perhaps a couple of reasonable ones. Certainly nothing to rave about if he's meant to be an 'elite' midfielder.

TJ wasn't the reason Melbourne lost that game, but you seem to be an expert on all things Melbourne, you must be a closet supporter. What type of MFC Membership did you buy this year?

Originally posted by NMWBloods
Really?

'98 - 9 poss + 1 goal
'00 - 13 poss, 18 poss, 16 poss
'02 - 18 poss + 1 goal, 25 poss + 4 goals

That to me looks like one great game and perhaps a couple of reasonable ones. Certainly nothing to rave about if he's meant to be an 'elite' midfielder.

he was 19 or 20 in the 00' finals series

and he uses the ball better than anyone. he is immaculate. So you can show all the numbers you like, but it wont show the impact he has on games

15 Johnstone possesions are equal to 30 Scott West/Kane Johnson/Capmoreale etc.. possessions

He is brilliant

GO TJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne V Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back