Memberships Membership 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you save up that $18 per month for 83 months you'd have enough for a scalped ticket.

83 months is about 7 years. We are five years in to not even making finals at all

Knowing my wife, she'd blow the money that was saved in Witchery/Decjuba/Country Road.

When we almost made the GF in 2012 I jumped back on as a Gold Member in 2013 and have been since.

Ultimately, at least the money is going to the club rather than into the pocket of a scalper (or at least that's what I tell myself)

My auntie paid 4 x $2500 :eek:

10 grand for 4 GF tickets???

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

I should probably disclose that I’ve been gold since 1998. So that got me tickets in 98 and 17. I keep paying it through laziness and that nagging feeling that if I downgrade we’ll make it then have to scramble to upgrade. I guess I’m Rob Chapmans favourite type of customer.
2009 for me (Dad became Boundary Line member in 1999, myself the junior member in 2001 - Moved back to Adelaide in 2008, got moved to the front of the waiting list (We reached the front in 2004, but we were still in Sydney at the time, so declined) and got our season tickets in 2009, went straight to gold as we still had the memories of 2005 (Wooden spoon favourites, minor premiers)

Did anyone else get scammed by the ticket return system that didn’t work?
The issue with that is it opens too late I believe.
And you have to rely on people actually buying your actual seat.

Probably fine for big games, but not 90% of them as people will just take the cheaper tix.

I should probably disclose that I’ve been gold since 1998. So that got me tickets in 98 and 17. I keep paying it through laziness and that nagging feeling that if I downgrade we’ll make it then have to scramble to upgrade. I guess I’m Rob Chapmans favourite type of customer.

Likewise been Gold since it started in 1998. Fortunate to be there in 1998 and 2017.

Just do it because can’t be stuffed with changing it and it did make it easy in 2017.

Look forward to getting there in 2027.

Also for those that are gold members, I was, stopped and then rejoined when were decent and easily got one in time for the 2017. You just need to keep an eye on availability.

You’re seriously pissing money up against the wall by keeping it going when we are shit.

Also for those that are gold members, I was, stopped and then rejoined when were decent and easily got one in time for the 2017. You just need to keep an eye on availability.

You’re seriously pissing money up against the wall by keeping it going when we are s**t.
And I had a mate who was doing that - Then bam, sold out.
Couldn't get a ticket.
He even drove to Melbourne but couldnt get a scalped ticket at a price he was willing to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you get for that?
Absolutely nothing.

I get a scarf and some other item that says Gold Member. Its pretty much a donation to the club. 2017 was the only time I have been able to use it to get a grand final ticket which still cost me over $300. The amount of years ive paid for gold you'd think you get a discounted GF ticket. I PAY $700 for my SMA membership as well.

Absolutely nothing.

I get a scarf and some other item that says Gold Member. Its pretty much a donation to the club. 2017 was the only time I have been able to use it to get a grand final ticket which still cost me over $300. The amount of years ive paid for gold you'd think you get a discounted GF ticket. I PAY $700 for my SMA membership as well.
What I want is priority ticketing to all finals
I think I read Geelong have that.

The issue with that is it opens too late I believe.
And you have to rely on people actually buying your actual seat.

Probably fine for big games, but not 90% of them as people will just take the cheaper tix.

Yeh I would check my seats from the Tuesday to game day, and they wouldn’t be for sale. So I thought they were sold.. but clearly the system is a piece of shit where you’ve got 2 competitors needing to cooperate for a 3rd party whom they couldn’t give a shit about.

Yeh I would check my seats from the Tuesday to game day, and they wouldn’t be for sale. So I thought they were sold.. but clearly the system is a piece of s**t where you’ve got 2 competitors needing to cooperate for a 3rd party whom they couldn’t give a s**t about.
Thats a good point
Season tickets through the club are done with ticketmaster and it's ticketek that sells the matchday tickets.

Sounds like a cluster****

What I want is priority ticketing to all finals
I think I read Geelong have that.

We get priority but its at the same time as all other members.

My Gold upgrade for 2023 is $180. Normal Gold Upgrade is down to $150.00. Looks like SMA members have to pay an extra $30 fortheir gold upgrade.

We get priority but its at the same time as all other members.

My Gold upgrade for 2023 is $180. Normal Gold Upgrade is down to $150.00. Looks like SMA members have to pay an extra $30 fortheir gold upgrade.
But one thing I noticed with Geelong a few years back - They had tiers of membership which allowed fans a staggered time to get tix.

So it'd be good if GOld could get tix at 10am, 11game members at 11am, 3 game members at noon

or something like that.

Let those that commit to the club to get the most access.
And those event goers (3game members) get the scraps.

But one thing I noticed with Geelong a few years back - They had tiers of membership which allowed fans a staggered time to get tix.

So it'd be good if GOld could get tix at 10am, 11game members at 11am, 3 game members at noon

or something like that.

Not bad an idea

or something like that.

My mate and kid were 3 game members in 2017 and scored gf tickets in ballot. Amazing luck.

Not bad an idea
Pros: It alleviates the strain on ticketek/masteretc.

Cons: It allows away fans easier access to tickets, meaning instead of 90/10 it could end 70/30

Yeah, I have thought about it in the past (Hated the stress of being gold and having to fight for tix with everyone at once, struggling to even get online and in the queue)

Has anyone had issues with the renewing process that when you get to the 'Make Your Choice' page, you are literally presented with the words 'make your choice' on a blank screen with absolutely nothing to choose from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back