Memberships Membership 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unreserved Western Stand for all games at Adelaide Oval. Crows/Port/Gather Round Adelaide Oval Matches all included. SANFL Finals and any Suburban SANFL match also included. They do say 6 x SANFL Suburban games but the validators dont know how many games youve been to. I go to at least 12 every year and ticket works every time. I also have a crows gold attached to it for $180.00. I have to keep that or I lose it as the crows dont accept gold upgrades to SMA membership anymore. So i have to renew each year despite no chance of making GF.
Not bad. No cricket though?

I’ve held a gold membership for over twenty years… and I’m an interstate supporter. I don’t mind paying for the off chance.

we got ours when we signed up first year of AO. And then I ended up selling the GF tickets to greycrow anyway. I'd booked flights and accom in early august but couldn't go. But I've not renewed our AO memberships this year. The savings will comfortably cover getting a ticket via other means if we make another GF.

Unreserved Western Stand for all games at Adelaide Oval. Crows/Port/Gather Round Adelaide Oval Matches all included. SANFL Finals and any Suburban SANFL match also included. They do say 6 x SANFL Suburban games but the validators dont know how many games youve been to. I go to at least 12 every year and ticket works every time. I also have a crows gold attached to it for $180.00. I have to keep that or I lose it as the crows dont accept gold upgrades to SMA membership anymore. So i have to renew each year despite no chance of making GF.

Plus you get reciprocal rights at MCG, Marvel, SCG and Gabba.

Been a SMA member since it commenced plus have a Crows Essential as well - both with Gold attached. We might get there again so want to ensure a seat at the big dance.

They tried the combined footy/cricket membership when the Adelaide Oval redevelopment was complete, but they canned it due to lack of interest.

From memory they wanted $750, which was higher than what the MCC charged at the time (for less events/matches)
I think SACA wanted it to be non-transferable and footy fans wanted nothing to do with that after 40 years of transferrable footy park memberships.

They tried the combined footy/cricket membership when the Adelaide Oval redevelopment was complete, but they canned it due to lack of interest.

From memory they wanted $750, which was higher than what the MCC charged at the time (for less events/matches)
Yep the pricks tried to fleece everyone and no one fell for it

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere else. There was a notice in today's 'Tiser about the AFC's Annual Members meeting, and a call for nominations to the AFC Board.

It stated that Rod Jameson isn't standing for re-election, which creates a vacancy for an elected member.

We haven’t had much luck with the member reps:

• Past players who had no interest in representing members
  • Media personalities who think consulting the Crows Supporters Group is as much member engagement as they need to do
  • Genuine member elected candidate who disappeared for two years and only resurfaced when it was time to be re-elected
  • Genuine member elected candidate who turned out to be a foiler

What will this year’s batch of candidates be like?

• Media personalities who think consulting the Crows Supporters Group is as much member engagement as they need to do
  • Genuine member elected candidate who disappeared for two years and only resurfaced when it was time to be re-elected

Who wants to nominate from here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a general misunderstanding of the elected director's obligations. Once elected, they are no different to the other directors, their obligations are identical, only the pathway is different. And even then, they're effectively vetted and approved by the board prior to the vote anyway. In terms of continuing election it would seem wise to remain engaged with the voters, but they're not specifically designed to represent our interests. They are not "member reps", the are voted in directors. The others are appointed directors.

There's a general misunderstanding of the elected director's obligations. Once elected, they are no different to the other directors, their obligations are identical, only the pathway is different. And even then, they're effectively vetted and approved by the board prior to the vote anyway. In terms of continuing election it would seem wise to remain engaged with the voters, but they're not specifically designed to represent our interests. They are not "member reps", the are voted in directors. The others are appointed directors.
The non-player people have often spruiked themselves with a "the voice of the members" type message.

It's not a matter of thinking it's an obligation, but just them often misrepresenting their intentions once they get in.

The non-player people have often spruiked themselves with a "the voice of the members" type message.

It's not a matter of thinking it's an obligation, but just them often misrepresenting their intentions once they get in.

they wouldn't get to the vote if there was any risk of them genuinely giving a crap about members.

Hey guys, this is the first year that I will be a member. Just wondering when do the membership packs get sent out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back