Guelfi, Matt – 2024
Hind, Nick – 2024
Jones, Harrison – 2024
Kelly, Jake - 2024
Setterfield, Will – 2024
Stringer, Jake – 2024
Weideman, Sam – 2024
Wanganeen, Tex - 2024

I can think of at least 2 trouble makers in that group who should become the next Massimo and Voss.

Last edited:
Our out of contract players, brought to you by Brad Scott:

Baldwin, Kaine – 2024
Davey, Jayden – 2024
Goldstein, Todd – 2024
Guelfi, Matt – 2024
Hind, Nick – 2024
Jones, Harrison – 2024
Kelly, Jake - 2024
Setterfield, Will – 2024
Stringer, Jake – 2024
Weideman, Sam – 2024
Wanganeen, Tex - 2024

I can think of at least 2 trouble makers in that group who should become the next Massimo and Voss.
Sign Jones. Thanks for your contributions everyone else 🙏

Baldwin, Kaine – 2024
Davey, Jayden – 2024
Goldstein, Todd – 2024
Guelfi, Matt – 2024
Hind, Nick – 2024
Jones, Harrison – 2024
Kelly, Jake - 2024
Setterfield, Will – 2024
Stringer, Jake – 2024
Weideman, Sam – 2024
Wanganeen, Tex - 2024

Jones, Guelfi and maybe Setterfield.

Everyone else gone please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baldwin, Kaine – 2024
Davey, Jayden – 2024
Goldstein, Todd – 2024
Guelfi, Matt – 2024
Hind, Nick – 2024
Jones, Harrison – 2024
Kelly, Jake - 2024
Setterfield, Will – 2024
Stringer, Jake – 2024
Weideman, Sam – 2024
Wanganeen, Tex - 2024

Why are you putting a backup forward who has more Frees Against than Goals from a shit side in the same group as an potential AA wingman?

Baldwin, Kaine – 2024
Davey, Jayden – 2024
Goldstein, Todd – 2024
Guelfi, Matt – 2024
Hind, Nick – 2024
Jones, Harrison – 2024
Kelly, Jake - 2024
Setterfield, Will – 2024
Stringer, Jake – 2024
Weideman, Sam – 2024
Wanganeen, Tex - 2024

you’re 3/11 already my man!

Why are you putting a backup forward who has more Frees Against than Goals from a shit side in the same group as a potential AA wingman?
You aren’t seriously suggesting Harry Jones is a potential AA wingman? Martin and Duursma are our first choice wingmen.

Jones will be very very lucky to be on our list in 2025 saved only perhaps by the fact we have a forward line with shit talls. If we trade for a KPF/FF or take a KPF/FF in the draft (i.e. Whitlock) then Jones may as well pack his bags.

Baldwin, Kaine – 2024
Davey, Jayden – 2024
Goldstein, Todd – 2024
Guelfi, Matt – 2024
Hind, Nick – 2024
Jones, Harrison – 2024
Kelly, Jake - 2024
Setterfield, Will – 2024
Stringer, Jake – 2024
Weideman, Sam – 2024
Wanganeen, Tex - 2024

It's almost as though there's some sort of strategy taking shape from the coaching staff

I like Scott and probably a good year overall as finished where we are at.

Did this whilst helping clean out heppel, dodo and sheedy. So a win.

I like his media work, overall tactics and game day coaching. The other stuff is fixable.

Stuff to work on

-selection integrity - don't play mid players with no vfl
  • team balance - 2 rucks plus wright - yuk, weideman, guelfi selectiobs and no proper small forwards
  • no parish/merret/shiel mid combos
  • use of sub
  • kick ins - no mcgrath, heppel
  • defense of kick outs

Tall wingman, Martin, durham, caldwell as ft mids big wins though

You aren’t seriously suggesting Harry Jones is a potential AA wingman? Martin and Duursma are our first choice wingmen.

Jones will be very very lucky to be on our list in 2025 saved only perhaps by the fact we have a forward line with shit talls. If we trade for a KPF/FF or take a KPF/FF in the draft (i.e. Whitlock) then Jones may as well pack his bags.
I think he's talking about Mass...

I hope Brad went last night and watched how Hawthorn played and set up, rather than our playing group. If the forward half set up isn’t complete torn up and reset then well he just isn’t a very good coach

I hope Brad went last night and watched how Hawthorn played and set up, rather than our playing group. If the forward half set up isn’t complete torn up and reset then well he just isn’t a very good coach
You actually have to have fast small forward. Speed across a number of lines. A midfield with players that win inside ball and have an outside game. Players with serious endurance and a couple og gun nterceptorsat half back. Then you need a number of blokes who are elite kicks.
He can watch all he likes but we would have to change at least 14 players to replicate it.
It is apples and watermelons.

You actually have to have fast small forward. Speed across a number of lines. A midfield with players that win inside ball and have an outside game. Players with serious endurance and a couple og gun nterceptorsat half back. Then you need a number of blokes who are elite kicks.
He can watch all he likes but we would have to change at least 14 players to replicate it.
It is apples and watermelons.
The comment was more to do with how hawthorn structure up/ the way modern footy is played, rather copying their game style or comparing what we have / don’t have. Moreorless saying that playing 4-5 guys who can’t move/ have no genuine leg speed at the same time in the forward line don’t going to get you far in 2024. Draper, wright, caddy Langford stringer at times all in the f50 together is just laughable structure and it’s why I’d be happy to move on stringer. At minimum should be a tall , caddy, Langford as the 3rd tall, then the rest of the forward line should be small forwards / half forwards who push up to the contest. Whether we have to trade some in rosas, konstanty etc or draft kako and also berry, it’s the number one issue that needs to be fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back