Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

im off him.

Selection has been appalling all year and another horrific week where game was lost at selection shows me that Scott is not the man for the job.. Sure, shake up the coteries but I still want to enjoy my football team on the weekends
Sorry mate but you are on a hiding to nothing if you are counting on sporting teams to make your life enjoyable.

im off him.

Selection has been appalling all year and another horrific week where game was lost at selection shows me that Scott is not the man for the job.. Sure, shake up the coteries but I still want to enjoy my football team on the weekends
get a better hobby imo

If that team selection doesn’t tell you that Brad isn’t the right man for us, I don’t know what will

Weed is a guarantee to be delisted in a few weeks. But yep, let’s put him in over a kid in Hayes who could really use a taste of senior footy
Could Weideman be in to give him one last chance? Or maybe they’re trying to get him some trade value?

Could Weideman be in to give him one last chance? Or maybe they’re trying to get him some trade value?
I can’t imagine anyone giving up anything of value to get weed.I’d be staggered if anybody enquires about him at all

If weed hasn’t played until now with all our injuries down back this season, it’s pretty clear Brad doesn’t rate him imo.

Even if he is playing good footy in the VFL, there is zero point playing him over a young kid when finals are out of the question

Scott’s selections have been horrible all season, but this by far take the cake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Jacobs is a bigger problem than Scott. WTF is this?

Surely as a defensive coach you see this and say, hey... maybe we should try some different personnel down back?

View attachment 2080456
I don't think this is necessarily wrong, but I think it is more an indictment on our defence further up the field.

The quality of ball our defenders have to deal with, as often as they have to, wouldn't help those numbers. Having 3 guys in the top 5 indicates that it is a bigger problem than exclusively personnel (though that could be relevant too) and something to do with how little pressure is applied upfield.

Case in point, look how good Zerk-Thatcher has looked for Port, and he had similarly bad numbers for us.

Lost me with weideman, no forward thinking.

Mediocrity is a comfy place we find solace in.

Hurry up tassie
I find it so hilarious that Weideman's selection is so many people's last straw because he's been in better form than half the AFL side. Anyone who actually watches the VFL would know that. I'm glad Scott considers VFL form.

Many Essendon fans only know one thing. To blame coaches for everything that happens at all times and whinge about selection without merit. I say without merit because you complain about the selection of a guy that reinvented himself in the VFL as a defender and worked hard to get to this point. One can argue he should have been recalled weeks ago.

If we're going to reward form, then Weideman has been better than Hayes. It doesn't matter if Hayes plays this week, next week or next year. One or two games aren't going to suddenly make him a veteran. Besides, if you said the issue was not dropping Laverde for Hayes, then I completely agree.

Last edited:
Ben Jacobs is a bigger problem than Scott. WTF is this?

Surely as a defensive coach you see this and say, hey... maybe we should try some different personnel down back?

View attachment 2080456
Agree, however, when were playing with edge it was because we had a fuller complement up the ground and a couple of fit, hard running wings, playing with a defensive mindset. The first Ridley injury, the Parish and Setterfield injuries and the Duursma injury, as well as a lack of defensive game in the forwardline, enabled the defence to get hammered, especially when we continued to try to play a high press. We've looked different recently trying to go one-on-one to compensate.

I find it so hilarious that Weideman's selection is so many people's last straw because he's been in better form than half the AFL side. Anyone who actually watches the VFL would know that. I'm glad Scott considers VFL form.

Many Essendon fans only know one thing. To blame coaches for everything that happens at all times and whinge about selection without merit. I say without merit because you complain about the selection of a guy that reinvented himself in the VFL as a defender and worked hard to get to this point. One can argue he should have been recalled weeks ago.

If we're going to reward form, then Weideman has been better than Hayes. It doesn't matter if Hayes plays this week, next week or next year. One or two games aren't going to suddenly make him a veteran. Besides, if you said the issue was not dropping Laverde for Hayes, then I completely agree.
Totally agree with this.
Gotta wonder if we want to get a look at how his move to the backline translates to AFL level, compared with what we know about Balders, before we make a list decision.

VFL form has never been Weidemann’s issue. Ability is not his issue.

He has shown over a period of years that he is an intermittently effective but, more often, uncompetitive AFL footballer.

Tonight matters - we can still play finals and should be throwing everything we have at this game. Maybe his mindset has changed playing in defence, but if the version we get tonight doesn’t have a crack (which is his history)…..it will be a selection error, plain and simple.

I find it hilarious you're circumnavigating around why people are upset to try and prove them wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back