Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty: Scott has no selection integrity, reward VLF form!
Scott picks the guy who's worked hard on a positional change and shown good VFL form for weeks
BigFooty: NOT HIM!
No, the player in good VFL form also has to be under 23. Otherwise it doesn't count.

maybe people would just like to not select a player who's been around for 10 years and demonstrated repeatedly that he's not up to it.

particularly when we have a 19 year old top 20 draft pick with good vfl form as well in the same position.

and even more particularly when the prior mentioned player is very unlikely to even be on our list next year.

BigFooty: Scott has no selection integrity, reward VLF form!
Scott picks the guy who's worked hard on a positional change and shown good VFL form for weeks
BigFooty: NOT HIM!
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

My hope with Weideman is that they're wanting to see him as a KPD at AFL level before deciding whether to delist him or not.

His VFL form down back has been pretty solid, if he can translate that to AFL level, given Reid and Baldwin are both injury prone, Laverde looks to have lost a step playing undersized, and Hayes isn't yet AFL strength, he might be worth giving a 1 year contract as a depth tall that can play either end in a pinch.

Happy with Weideman getting a run in the backline - could be our Rory Lobb!
How some of the others have survived is puzzling though.

Is two games enough to make that decision? He has had one off good games in the past. What if it happens again?

Not necessarily, but given Hayes is already contracted for another two years we don't need to know anything more about him before the season is out. Weideman currently has no contract so we'll have to decide one way or the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe people would just like to not select a player who's been around for 10 years and demonstrated repeatedly that he's not up to it.

particularly when we have a 19 year old top 20 draft pick with good vfl form as well in the same position.

and even more particularly when the prior mentioned player is very unlikely to even be on our list next year.
Not saying it’s going to happen, but Liam Jones was in a similar position to Weids. I’m happy to see where it leads.

I find it hilarious you're circumnavigating around why people are upset to try and prove them wrong.
No I'm not. I think there are legitimate concerns with his selections (like I stated with the Laverde selection), but naming Weideman is not one of them.

Also, his selections aren't more concerning than our list.

No I'm not. I think there are legitimate concerns with his selections (like I stated with the Laverde selection), but naming Weideman is not one of them.
Yes you were. His form, which your post was championing, isn't the problem.

Not sure what they were (i50s) for Ruttens last year 2023

2024:
i50s For: 56.2 (Bris, Dogs and GC only better)
i50s Against: 49.9 (Bris, Dogs, Hawks, Port and Freo) Only better

i50 diff: +6.3 (Bris and Bulldogs) only better
Come again

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back