Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Brad ever rolled the dice in a game? Move some magnets. Start by throwing a few in the bin (stringer, Laverde Kelly) but **** me. The chip chip forward press needs to be binned. Embarrassing coaching display last night

BigFooty: Scott has no selection integrity, reward VLF form!
Scott picks the guy who's worked hard on a positional change and shown good VFL form for weeks
BigFooty: NOT HIM!
Maybe actually read the posts regarding selection.

The critique has been around not playing kids and thinking of the future enough.

Great our delusional fan base thinks pea heart weideman is the future. We need to explore our list more. Baldwin and weideman shouldn't be on the list next year. Neither of them.

It's about have our kids shown enough to warrant a game not who is best on in the vfl.

oh oh but there's a 27 year old pea heart journeyman who is showing good vfl signs again. 75 games in ten years prove it doesn't translate to afl.

Enjoy mediocrity. Our season was cooked weeks ago and some on here have no idea what developing a list is.

Hint it's not Sam weideman or Todd Goldstein.

Scott is a good competetive coach and good game day tactician.

Done well trialling things but his team balance and selection is all wrong.

Looks at individually who is best for each position week to week and not the collective sum of team balance and planning for the future.

Scott is a good competetive coach and good game day tactician.

Done well trialling things but his team balance and selection is all wrong.

Looks at individually who is best for each position week to week and not the collective sum of team balance and planning for the future.

Look I’m a fan of Scott but I’m not seeing this, this year

Hasn’t helped fan apathy with his team selections and the game plan has looked shocking since the bye. Hard to tell if thats due to the cattle or coaching, but both clearly need to improve.

Massive offseason coming up, will be incredibly telling which players are moved on, and if we have another middle of the road season the fans will be out for blood.

Last edited:
He should be under enormous pressure next year. Basically wasted 2 years while barely developing anyone and continuing to play the same tired old faces and blokes who arent up to it.

Already poor signs with Menzie signing on for next year and Guelfi to follow. If the likes of Kelly get a new deal and Laverde is given games next year, he's only got himself to blame
No he shouldn't be. He should be given the space to work on the side as he sees fit.

If the pressure starts being piled on it will push him to chase cheap, short term wins at the expense of more sustainable longer term success.

The thing is he's right when he says our foundation is good. We dominate the hardest area of the ground to dominate. And we're absolutely useless in between the arcs.

Fixing between the arcs is very easy. You just need good personnel. Unfortunately, we have dogshit personnel so its going to take a looooooong time to fix it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already poor signs with Menzie signing on for next year and Guelfi to follow. If the likes of Kelly get a new deal and Laverde is given games next year, he's only got himself to blame
This I do not get. Menzie is so clearly not an AFL footballer and they gave him a year halfway through the season for what?

he’s lost the players!!

“ A group of Essendon players were left angry with the club’s decision not to select retiring star Dyson Heppell for Friday night’s clash against Sydney.”
Unfortunately the players don’t have any cachet to influence getting things on their terms. Who care if they sook it up (again). They’ve collectively and individually achieved nothing so they can’t really hold the coach or anyone else to ransom. The fans and members on the other hand ….

I though heppel deserved a fairwell game however he didn't go and play 2s in the last two weeks so it was on heppel. Was super disappointed he chose to go out that way but oh well was still a great servant. Rest of players can get over it, should be dirty at anyone who thinks there above playing vfl.

Bar merret no player on our list is too good to not play 2s if required.

Not making parish play at least a half was also dumb.

Hope Scott shakes up the list a bit more now.

He's had 4 years of farewell games and will presumably still be around the club in some capacity.

Any whinging reminds me of staff that fake sickies, half arse their job, and gossip, only to complain about poor workplace culture. Tell them to take a hike.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back