MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Lets see, 24 year old aspiring DJ, currently work at a sports insurance company with my weekend nights occupied at Room nightclub.

Been following the demons since 1995.

Favourite all time players are the Wiz, Ox, Robbo, Jurrah and Jordie Mckenzie.

Hmm one of those guys doesn't fit, yeah I'm a bit random.

Can be aggressively negative after a loss, just warning.

Love the dees though and expect big things under
Neeld.

Can't wait for round one, lets stick it up the haters!

Hello!

New to the forums. I'll probably be spending some time on here when I can find it, just to share whatever sad, pathetic thoughts and opinons I have, that are normally reserved for those rare few "friends" of mine who really only ever let me hang around them out of pity. :rolleyes:

I haven't always been a Dees fan. There was a dark time, a time full of childhood-like innocence and naivety, when I rooted for North. But I've seen the fire and brimstone, and I've been a MFC supporter for a little over 3 decades now (counting 1999-2011 as three decades) which takes up a good chunk of my lifetime, and I'm definitely in for the long haul.
It's been a tumultuous off-season to say the least, I am more than eager for the footy to begin where hopefully some normalcy and routine can return.

Age, Sex, Name, aren't required, are they? If so, just think of me as a 16-year-old busty redheaded lass named 'Joan'. ;)

Howdy, 19yr old student, been following the Dees for 10ish years, am prone to violent emotional outbursts after losses although my temper has eased a bit over the past few years. Joined cause I like talking shit about footy, though I might not have that much time to regularly contribute. Hopefully our season picks up, I think it will... eventually.

Go Dees!

Hello!

New to the forums. I'll probably be spending some time on here when I can find it, just to share whatever sad, pathetic thoughts and opinons I have, that are normally reserved for those rare few "friends" of mine who really only ever let me hang around them out of pity. :rolleyes:

I haven't always been a Dees fan. There was a dark time, a time full of childhood-like innocence and naivety, when I rooted for North. But I've seen the fire and brimstone, and I've been a MFC supporter for a little over 3 decades now (counting 1999-2011 as three decades) which takes up a good chunk of my lifetime, and I'm definitely in for the long haul.
It's been a tumultuous off-season to say the least, I am more than eager for the footy to begin where hopefully some normalcy and routine can return.

Age, Sex, Name, aren't required, are they? If so, just think of me as a 16-year-old busty redheaded lass named 'Joan'. ;)

Aenimence - well come aboard. We should have celebrated your arrival with more acclaim.

Anyone who repudiates the hovel that is NORF to barrack for the Mighty Dees is a 'double pointer'. Welcome aboard.

Hey all, new to the board, starting reading the forums a couple of weeks ago and was getting into it so joined up so i could contribute. i must say i like the general positive vibe about the place.

im 31 (feels like that should be double checked, but somehow its true) and been barracking for melbourne since before I was born...probably. as a general admin mfc member i set myself to attend all games at the G and the dreaded docklands, so around 14 or 15 games a year. and ill continue attending regardless results cause really liking what i see from Neeld so far, if nothing else, i forsee his legacy will be one that hardened up the playing core

Hey all, new to the board, starting reading the forums a couple of weeks ago and was getting into it so joined up so i could contribute. i must say i like the general positive vibe about the place.

im 31 (feels like that should be double checked, but somehow its true) and been barracking for melbourne since before I was born...probably. as a general admin mfc member i set myself to attend all games at the G and the dreaded docklands, so around 14 or 15 games a year. and ill continue attending regardless results cause really liking what i see from Neeld so far, if nothing else, i forsee his legacy will be one that hardened up the playing core

Welcome to the board CTHORANGE.

I agree it makes me tingly in the pants knowing that Neeld is at the helm and the playing group is finally hardening up. (pun not intended :D)

Make sure you are available for the meet up on J-Day in round 13 to give Judas a warm welcome. ;)

Howezzit going, been a reader of bigfooty for a while and finally decided to make an account. Been supporting the Dees since I was a little lad and moved up to Brisbane about 16 years ago.. I'm 20 now and haven't change my allegiance of course, bit hard during Brizzy's hay-days tho! Anyway, looking forward to seeing us getting a few wins, good times ahead :thumbsu:

Hi guys,
Member, 23, teacher.
Been to ~15 games a year for the last few years, as a result feel about 43.
Football Media (TM) has reached such an absurd level of self-important hysteria I figured I'd give the boards ago instead for my obsessive need to mull over the Dees.

Hi guys,
Member, 23, teacher.
Been to ~15 games a year for the last few years, as a result feel about 43.
Football Media (TM) has reached such an absurd level of self-important hysteria I figured I'd give the boards ago instead for my obsessive need to mull over the Dees.

Welcome PB, and may I say your avatar is magnificent.

Hi guys,
I've been a dees supporter for most of my life (except when I used to get dressed up in collingwood gear as a baby), the old man was a part-time country recruiter in south gippsland, but I don't think he found anyone particularly noteworthy back in the 80s (think they kept ending up at richmond). I'm 30, back at uni finishing a law degree after having been a teacher for a while in the northern suburbs. Played a bit of footy when i was a kid in leongatha and montmorency, but i was pretty average and too skinny, i grew too late! So I'm an armchair sportsman now. Cheers guys, Jock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32 years old and supported the Dees since childhood. Grew up with #10 (Danny Hughes) on my long sleeve Drake jumper. The jumper now rests on an oversized monkey next to my Mel Ruckle. More emotional memories include hanging off a cyclone fence round 18 1987 at the written oval, the 87 series and last round in 96 against Hawks. Longing for some hardness and consistency from the Dees! Sick and tired of 'rebuilding"! Beat ya man - win the game. 22+sub on 22+sub. #backtobasics. Watch out Neeldy, I've got coaching in my eyes!

Hey guys,

New user here but getting into the social media side of the dees a lot more lately.

I'm Tim, I'm a 25 year old, who works in an office during the day, which is really really boring, but it pays the bills and more importantly pays for my way to the football haha.

Have just bought my first membership as an adult, it's the first year I can actually really attend a good amount of games, and I forgot how much I love going week in week out. While it's not a great year to have my first membership on my own, I'm still loving in and have been to every game in melbourne.

Watch a few other sports, mainly NFL, NHL, NBA and cricket. Which get me through the AFL off season (I swear it's the longest part of the year)

Just got selected to do Sports commentry for the dees through twitter and an app called PlayUp. Footy has always been something i'm really passionate about and now I can discuss and get the views of a much wider audience.

My problem is I don't know a lot of Melbourne supporters. So I thought I'd come here and mention it, in case in interests anyone.

My username on both twitter and PlayUp is 'PlayUp_Demons' so if you use either follow/friend me. And if you don't use them it's a great thing to look into.

I'll be updating them with stuff like news, injuries, team selections, game/score updates, and just general discussion topics that we can all get into about the dees. And also i'm going to try to include casey in this, probably just focus on the boys on the melbourne list playing for casey, but i'll try to get to as many casey games as I can so I can keep everyone updated, as I know a lot of people can't make their games but would love to know about the development of the boys down there.

I'd love to get further into a career in footy/with the dees, and I think this is a great starting opportunity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone and hopefully the dees can hit some good form after the bye

Hey guys have supported the dees since coming to aus (from nz) since 1972. Get to most games including a few interstaters (now & then) enjoy reading the forums - humerous , insightful & plenty of vitriol when needed! Feeling very positive about the club with Neeld & Co at the helm. Looking forward to the ride ahead albeit may be rocky at times! Cheers Deestat

Hey guys have supported the dees since coming to aus (from nz) since 1972. Get to most games including a few interstaters (now & then) enjoy reading the forums - humerous , insightful & plenty of vitriol when needed! Feeling very positive about the club with Neeld & Co at the helm. Looking forward to the ride ahead albeit may be rocky at times! Cheers Deestat
Welcome along! Don't be a stranger around the board, the more the better.

Hi All,

New to the forum, 30 years old, grew up in Tas, now in Darwin. Im a Jumbo Operator in an Underground Nickel Mine in the Kimberleys, FIFO.

Fanatical Dees fan although Im also a realist.

Very proud brother of No.20 for the Dees, Col Garland.

Spend alot of time at the club, know a few of the boys well.

Anyway hoping to bring some good things/ideas to the forum. Thanks for having me.

Welcome SFebey, expecting plenty of
26360.jpg
from you.

No but seriously, welcome.

Welcome Febes!!!

Did you share any of your bro's ability on the footy field? Or are you a bit like Naitanui's chubby, shorter, far less talented twin brother we saw on the TV on the weekend? (Only gagging mate :) )

Welcome Febes!!!

Did you share any of your bro's ability on the footy field? Or are you a bit like Naitanui's chubby, shorter, far less talented twin brother we saw on the TV on the weekend? (Only gagging mate :) )

Haha I always joke saying I was the better sportsmen!!! But I enjoy the simple things in life...work,beer, fishing,cricket, golf... He had all the dedication! Now Im 30 Im chubby & shorter!!! Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back