Mike's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

How can a few of you be questioning Maxy at #23?

Sure, he may not get a lot of disposals but that's not his job.

His job is to shut down the oppositions best forward, week in week out.

He had some massive scalps this year:

Round 1 - Barry Hall (1 Goal)
Round 2 - Brendan Fevola (2 Goals)
Round 5 - Lloyd (0 Goals)
Round 15 - Brendan Fevola (3 Goals)
Round 16 - Lance Franklin (3 Goals)
Round 20 - Matthew Pavlich (3 Goals)
Round 22 - Matthew Lloyd (1 Goal)
Prelim Final - Lance Franklin (1 Goal)

Noone is questioning Maxy, just his position at #23. Ie, did he have a better year than Bock ? Not sure.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=16&pid1=56&tid2=2&pid2=1311

Bock also slaughtered some of the best AFL forwards.

Shows what a waste of time sheahan is. Davis at 36? had a good year, but 36? Before Deledio, Jarrad McVeigh and even Dane Swan?

Osbourne in it at all? There are a few hawks already in this 50, but out of the hawks best 22 surely he is about the 21st or 22nd person picked each week!

WTF

Osborne came 5th in the club best and fairest - had a huge season and a even bigger finals series. Some would say he played above himself, but, what the hell is wrong with that? Good on him I say.

Noone is questioning Maxy, just his position at #23. Ie, did he have a better year than Bock ? Not sure.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=16&pid1=56&tid2=2&pid2=1311

Bock also slaughtered some of the best AFL forwards.
Well Mike obviously judged it close, with them finishing 23 and 24 respectively.

Maxy did have a great year though, and managed to nab 4th in our B&F including being judged our best on ground in the preliminary final.

Judging him on stats though is deceptive, he is very much a shutdown back, and so doesn't generate much in the way of possies. Possessions are becoming an overrated stat anyway, with all the kick-to-kick that goes on in backlines anyway.

Didak is in the Top 50 players in the AFL. He is a far superior player than ROK.
no doubt, leading kick getter in the comp b4 he got suspended and it still took til the last round for him to be overtaken lol.

Davis at 36?! What a farce...Mike has done it again.
Leon Davis had a sensational season, during the middle of the year he carried a bad ankle injury so couldnt perform but b4 and after that he was fantastic. From the start of August through to the last round he was ranked the number 1 player in the comp by Champion Data. Deserves to be in the 50.

Osborne came 5th in the club best and fairest - had a huge season and a even bigger finals series. Some would say he played above himself, but, what the hell is wrong with that? Good on him I say.

Osborne is a fantastic player and would walk into any side in the comp. Deserved to be in the 50 after this season.

Also why do people give a sh1t about what media mike does? If you dont agree with his 50 then make your own and see if you can do better? I bet you if u posted it you would be ridiculed as much as he has. Better things to talk about :thumbsu:

A fully fit Judd is better than Franklin, Ablett by a long way... the guy is unbelievable when fit.

I really want to see Judd fit next year he would shit all over ablett.

I can see Judd never replicating his Eagles form, and everyone believing it due to some permanent injury, and that he was never fit again for his whole career.

Hawthorn aren't the best side in the comp mate. You guys were just lucky we couldn't convert our shots at goal, because we were thrashing you in general play.

Here .............................. Kitty Kitty Kitty. :D

after.jpg

Mike has a man crush on Sammy boy. I rate chips, but not #11 in the comp, he had him ahead of Riewoldt... c'mon... Sammy fish in the 20's seems a bit better

Scarlett @ 5 is the biggest joke, along with Corey @ 3.... Gave me a good laugh this morning!

Here .............................. Kitty Kitty Kitty. :D

after.jpg
Geelong supporters are the dumbest sometimes. so no need to worry about him.
Geelong were out played when it counted, they choked and were beaten by a great team.

Theres a old saying that always comes true, a champion team will always beat a team of champions. Geelong are a team of champions, Hawthorn a champion team.

Geelong supporters are the dumbest sometimes. so no need to worry about him.
Geelong were out played when it counted, they choked and were beaten by a great team.

Theres a old saying that always comes true, a champion team will always beat a team of champions. Geelong are a team of champions, Hawthorn a champion team.

I'd debate that comment. On paper I'd say Hawthorn have more stars than what Geelong do. You could argue it all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bateman in the top30 is a joke, Sewell is Hawthorns best mid, his twice the player "Chance never stops running Bateman" is.

3, 4, 5 baffles me.

So does Tom Harley and Sam Fisher - although Fisher is probably the most improved player in the comp deserves to be top30.

The Pav definitely should be top10, his low because his not in Melbourne, plays for Freo and because he choked about 3 games. His a 1 man forward line/team, gets triple teamed every week, yet doesn't cry half as much as Buddy or Buddy Bodyguards here on BF. I'd go out on a limb and say 5th, this guy is a true professional gun.

Maxie H and Bock should be higher, 13-16thish the 2 best defenders in the league, don't ever remember footy played with only midfielders and power forwards.

And Osbourne what a joke. Didak smoking crack with underworld figures whilst blind drunk riding in the back of a cop van would play football better than Osbourne. Remember kiddies its easy to look good when your playing in a powerful team :). Didak had a killer season up until suspension, they're both similar 6'1 type attacking HFF's who can rotate up the ground with raking left foots.

Bradshaw way too high, probably not even in t50 considering his team blew their chance and he absolutely did nothing to counteract the blowing. Rest seem pretty subjective he seemed to have just "plonked" all the forwards in one bit, and all the 2nd tier midfielders in another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back