Mike's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how chad cornes gets in there when he himself says its one of the worst seasons he's had due to having 2390487329084920 injuries.

I think a number of players are there but they seem to play well only when the team is playing well, eg mackie

kane cornes won our best and fairest, yet isn't in the top 50. chad cornes season garners him top 30 though lol

Luke Hodge is too high, he is not accountable and plays a loose man in defence- that is not worthy of top 30.

Sheahan proves yet again that he is a joke.

Franklin should have been ranked number one, he is the most damaging player in the game.

Joel Corey at three???????

Give me a fricken break.:rolleyes:

mate your a tosser.
why dont u stop your whinging and piss off.
Joel Corey deserves to be in 3rd spot.
he is clearly one of the best players in the league and now is finally being rewarded!!!

Fair enough if you don't agree, but I'd like to see who you think was better over that period. And I know 4 matches don't make a season, but he was almost as good earlier in the year before his post-All Star match slump due to injury.

I agree Leon was excellent this year, but I agree with others that you're a little overly parochial. To answer your question (and be a little biased myself), Shane Tuck.

... and I doubt that he was the best for that period either.

i love mikes top 50. apart from the geelong players and richo (sorry everyone) most of those players make their possessions count. I would much rather have a team of 10-15 possession getters who miss the target once, then a team of 20+possession getters who cant do a thing with it.

I presume you meant to say "Geelong players, Richo and Buddy".

wow if you guys actually read the paper it said his top 50 from 1999 HAHAHAH jesus christ

STOP CRYING!! its not based on just this year fools

and it mike sheanan i mean i know he is the best guy to ask but seriously its just and opinion it was was real what he says every week geelong would be premiers for 5 years in a row the way he sucks thier teet

Luke Hodge is too high, he is not accountable and plays a loose man in defence- that is not worthy of top 30.

your whole teams not accountable and do you even have any kpp's or does eade put your players where he throws em on the dart bord

your talking about a no.1 draft pick , a premiership player, and a norm smith medalist, an AA CHB

you fool think before you speak

How can a few of you be questioning Maxy at #23?

Sure, he may not get a lot of disposals but that's not his job.

His job is to shut down the oppositions best forward, week in week out.

He had some massive scalps this year:

Round 1 - Barry Hall (1 Goal)
Round 2 - Brendan Fevola (2 Goals)
Round 5 - Lloyd (0 Goals)
Round 15 - Brendan Fevola (3 Goals)
Round 16 - Lance Franklin (3 Goals)
Round 20 - Matthew Pavlich (3 Goals)
Round 22 - Matthew Lloyd (1 Goal)
Prelim Final - Lance Franklin (1 Goal)

hall is no good now tbh
fev didn't kick any bags til round 4 or 5
lloyd didn't wake up til judd and him collided
superstar(aka franklin) kicked something like 3.7
pavlich was injured in that game after half time
Lloyd round 22 I'll give him that
superstar(aka fraklin) in the premlim was playing with a busted shoulder and was playing further out to goal and look at the scoreboard he didn't need to kick a goal

He is the biggest crybaby ever he always looks at the umpire when he gives away a free he is basically hugging them the entire away he shouldn't be in the top 50 players for sure

I don't know how chad cornes gets in there when he himself says its one of the worst seasons he's had due to having 2390487329084920 injuries.

I think a number of players are there but they seem to play well only when the team is playing well, eg mackie

kane cornes won our best and fairest, yet isn't in the top 50. chad cornes season garners him top 30 though lol

For the 87th time it's KANE in the 50,not Chad.Big Nasty put the wrong one in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those simple minded people who don't rate Osborne, he just finished 5th in the B & F in the best team in the AFL.

hall is no good now tbh
fev didn't kick any bags til round 4 or 5
lloyd didn't wake up til judd and him collided
superstar(aka franklin) kicked something like 3.7
pavlich was injured in that game after half time
Lloyd round 22 I'll give him that
superstar(aka fraklin) in the premlim was playing with a busted shoulder and was playing further out to goal and look at the scoreboard he didn't need to kick a goal

He is the biggest crybaby ever he always looks at the umpire when he gives away a free he is basically hugging them the entire away he shouldn't be in the top 50 players for sure

funniest post of the year!

I would be interested to hear other peoples views.

He is hard at the ball.
He can play multiple roles.
He is not the 48th best player in the league for 08'.
He is not an automatic selection in the Hawthorn lineup. Honestly, if I got the Hawthorn LIST out I can comfortably say I would find 20 players better than him.

He finished 5th in the Crimmins Medal tonight douche....making you look rather the idiot.

A lot of over reaction to one man's view. Sheahan, while not being a favourite of mine, has simply picked HIS top 50. There's no rights and wrongs here, just opinions. For me though, going through the list, you can make a case for most of the players that he has named, however controversial some posters think these are, including their positions in the rankings.

A good example would be Osborne. Lot's of non Hawks supporters have caned him, yet our coaches/selectors have seen him fit to finish 5th in the club's fairest and best.

In a perfectly even year, you could possibly expect each team to contribute at least 3 players in the competition's top 50.

Surely a player voted 5th in the premier team's list making the top 50 is not beyond the realms of belief?

To those simple minded people who don't rate Osborne, he just finished 5th in the B & F in the best team in the AFL.
Hawthorn aren't the best side in the comp mate. You guys were just lucky we couldn't convert our shots at goal, because we were thrashing you in general play.

The man said he plays for Hawthorn stupid!!!!
Now go back to bong in ypur back shed in the pines cretin.

The Pines isn't on the Penisula (it's north of Frankston for a start), if you'd said West Park or Crib Point ect you might have looked smarter.

Plus he didn't say he played for Hawthorn, he said the best team in the AFL, had he said the reigning Premiers he'd have been 100% correct, but best team is subjective.

Hawthorn aren't the best side in the comp mate. You guys were just lucky we couldn't convert our shots at goal, because we were thrashing you in general play.

It hurts dosn't it Princess.

Geelong have been the Hawks bitches for 25 years ........... and counting. :thumbsu:

after.jpg

Suck it up princess. :)

History will show we are.

One of the reasons we are is because your forward line lacks talent and when we strangled you out of the centre corridor, your talentless forwards then had to take shots on angles and couldn't convert.

Get used to it though, because every club is going to do that to you now. You want Boyle though, he'll fix it as the boy can kick.

I love watching the Geelong handbags still living in denial. LOL !

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike's Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back