Milne investigated over taunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judging by his reaction to the 'taunt' i take it O'Brien is a homosexual?

Not that there's anything wrong with that

No, not at all

I didn't hear that bit on the coverage and that would be the main reason they want to dissuade this sort of sledging. Milney does seem to be quite homophobic though. At least two incidents that we know of, and both against Collingwood.

Homophobic abuse should be no more acceptable than racial or sexual vilification. The AFL has constantly clamped down on racism and sexism, but a bit of good old ****ta bashing is still treated with a wink wink, nudge nudge sort of attitude. It's about time the AFL put as stop to this sort of thing if it wants to be the truly inclusive sport that it aspires to be, and has made a lot of headway in becoming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear that bit on the coverage and that would be the main reason they want to dissuade this sort of sledging. Milney does seem to be quite homophobic though. At least two incidents that we know of, and both against Collingwood.
Right, so you're a homophobe if you've ever called someone a homo, **** or ******?
Get a clue

They know Margetts screwed up and over reacted...gone on the front foot with the old diversionary witch hunt to justify it.

What are they gonna do even if he did call him a "f$$#%n homo" ? Smack his bottom ? Tell him not to do it again ?

AFL is becoming a bunch of $%$#%n homo's
Got it in 1- they had to admit a mistke with margettts so they go after Milne. Pathetic really.

Right, so you're a homophobe if you've ever called someone a homo, **** or ******?
Get a clue
You are using derogatory terms for gay person in order to insult somebody, and it seems to be a recurring theme. If he is not homophobic, he is giving a good impression and needs to be re-educated.

No different to racial remarks IMO.

Milne will have a case to answer here, because it's not the first time he's used a derogatory homosexual comment to insult a player or official.

During the Malthouse/Milne "rapist" incident a few years back, Milne made similar comments towards Paul Licuria, who has always been a Malthouse favourite, and that's why Mick reacted in a stupid manner at the time.

Milne is a moron, that much has been clear for ages, but this will blow over fairly quickly, he'll either get a fine or be made to make an apology, or maybe both, not much to see here.

All the reports I can find seem to say that a field umpire reported Minson, but was unsure about what was actually said... now thats taking pathetic umpiring to a whole new level.

Agreed! I am pretty sure the report was not made until a day later.

People will correct me if I am wrong but with Milney's previous incident with Malthouse & Licuria he was made to apologise for calling Malthouse "old".

You are using derogatory terms for gay person in order to insult somebody, and it seems to be a recurring theme. If he is not homophobic, he is giving a good impression and needs to be re-educated.

No different to racial remarks IMO.
I just think you're oversensitive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back