Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also picked Valente in his first year...
giphy.gif

Just got a 4 pack of Pirate Life IPA @ Dan Murphy's for $17.

1.9 standard drinks. Was not expecting that. It's fine but definitely won't be making it into my standard rotation.
Double down on their double IPA.
You'll never look back

In the Captain prediction questions Fyfe picked Amiss for the Rising Star. So reading way too much into it but clearly Fyfe doesn't think he is too far away from getting a debut.
Most annoying thing about that video was Cripps picking Cerra for a breakout season.
As if no one in Victoria had ever heard of him before

Look tbh I would have thought we may have done this with one of the more local breweries (Gage Roads/Otherside/Little Creatures/Running With Thieves/etc), but seems to be a big Freo connection to Pirate Life - owners are big fans, Fyfe was an initial investor.
While Little Creatures are local, they are owned by Japenese company Kirin.

Likewise, Pirate Life aren't local or big fans. They are in South Australia and owned by the biggest brewer in the world (AB InBev).

Gage Roads is Australia's largest independent craft brewer and is as local as it gets. Would have been a better fit for Freo.

Likewise, Pirate Life aren't local or big fans. They are in South Australia and owned by the biggest brewer in the world (AB InBev).

According to the article the club put out, one of the owners are from WA and one of the co-owners used to work for the club. The same co-owner's son is a childhood friend of Fyfe and Fyfey was one of the original investors. Not to mention they are fans of the club.

Kind of helps when one of the founders was a childhood friend of Fyfe though. And his Dad (a co-founder) formerly worked for Freo.

I suspect most of us are just excited at the doors it opens for pirate jokes/references.

According to the article the club put out, one of the owners are from WA and one of the co-owners used to work for the club. The same co-owner's son is a childhood friend of Fyfe and Fyfey was one of the original investors. Not to mention they are fans of the club.
Founders, not owners. They sold out for their 30 pieces of silver to the biggest beer company in the world. Good on them for making a motza, but they are hardly a craft beer brand now.
I would have preferred a WA company as a sponsor, but if a $235 billion company wants to sponsor us, I'm all for it. And I enjoy Pirate jokes as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also broke the record for most disposals in a h&a season with us in 2016 and missed the AA team...

His 2016 with us was better than every season at brissy bar his brownlow season
His Brownlow season was so far above every other player in the comp that year. It’s fair to give him praise for a season like that. But yeah, his 2016 was underrated but not helped by the team finishing 16th.

Founders, not owners. They sold out for their 30 pieces of silver to the biggest beer company in the world. Good on them for making a motza, but they are hardly a craft beer brand now.
I would have preferred a WA company as a sponsor, but if a $235 billion company wants to sponsor us, I'm all for it. And I enjoy Pirate jokes as well.
Yeah but they still brew the beer/run the business for a wage.

Can someone link me to our supplementary players list

FREWade DerksenPeel Thunder
FRELachlan CullenPeel Thunder
FRETyrone ThornePeel Thunder
FREBen HancockPeel Thunder
FRETraye BennellPeel Thunder
FRETy AndersonPeel Thunder
FREZac StromSouth Fremantle
FREBlake SchlensogSouth Fremantle
FREJono MarshEast Fremantle
FREBrynn TeakleEast Fremantle
FRETyler KeitelWest Perth
FRENoah PegoraroWest Perth
FREBailey RogersClaremont
FREJye BoltonClaremont
FRERonin O'ConnorClaremont
FRELachlan DelahuntySubiaco
FREKeegan KnottWest Perth
FREHamish BrayshawEast Perth
FRELeigh KitchinSubiaco
FREJesse PalmerSwan Districts

Andrew Brayshaw on SEN SA.

Brennan Cox on 5aa, just before Thursday team selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back