Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be announcing Soccer games at Optus today for July 22-23.
Fortunately that is an away week for Freo. So WC can have the Sunday afternoon fixture.

I didn’t mean to come off as slagging Connolly at all. I called him ‘the showman’ because that’s basically what he had to be to bring back the support and grow the membership. He got us to finals in his second year, and if it weren’t for him and his showmanship we wouldn’t have the people come back to the fold - a huge reason why the club got out of debt. PLUS - he introduced ‘TNT’ to the post-game ritual so he gets a big tick for that too.
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
I thought you were having a go.
He did a remarkable job and was harshly treated.

The key indicator is that Fremantle fans turn up to the ground in almost the same numbers regardless of the timeslot.

Melbourne clubs have a 20 to 30% increase in attendance during prime time slots.

The Victorian clubs need it more than we do.

We should be allowed extra distributions to compensate for the reduced exposure to our sponsors though.

The key indicator is that Fremantle fans turn up to the ground in almost the same numbers regardless of the timeslot.

Melbourne clubs have a 20 to 30% increase in attendance during prime time slots.

The Victorian clubs need it more than we do.

We should be allowed extra distributions to compensate for the reduced exposure to our sponsors though.
bro **** the victorian clubs let them suffer

West coast are only getting that friday night game against essendon because of state of origin on the sunday in perth on June 26.

I think the AFL wanted to put that on Thursday but because both teams have been garbage they have snuck it in as the 2nd Friday game away from FTA.

Saturday wasn't available either as the NRL need the venue for at least 24 hours to prepare the ground and both teams to train on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Stephen Michael segment on the front bar was interesting.
I wondered why He didn’t play AFL for the eagles when they formed in 86 or 87? Would still have only been about 29 or 30.

I wondered why He didn’t play AFL for the eagles when they formed in 86 or 87? Would still have only been about 29 or 30.
Dammit was at footy training .

Have been waiting for that since 2020 when they tried to get him on

Does Front Bar have replays ?

He retired at the end of 1985, he was pretty banged up by then & was playing CHF & CHB. He could hardly jump, but still did memorable things.

Stephen, the great man ,Michael finished his illustrious career in 1985.
I think he explained it pretty well last night when he went to Kardinya park, explaining the mud was six inches thick.
He is the best footballer I have ever seen. The Vics can claim that other were better, but he was a supersonic super star.

He retired at the end of 1985, he was pretty banged up by then & was playing CHF & CHB. He could hardly jump, but still did memorable things.
I had a relation come over from Victoria, a real footy fan. Followed Richmond. This was in the latter part of Stephens career. Stephen had what we referred to as a quiet game. My rellie said, gees if you reckon this guy is washed , send him to Punt Road please.
Incidentally, Stephen took over the number 25 from my brother. Between them they played 462 games in red and white and number 25.

Last edited:
I had a relation come over from Victoria, a real footy fan. Followed Richmond. This was in the latter part of Stephens career. Stephen had what we referred to as a quiet game. My rellie said, gees if you reckon this guy is washed , send him to Punt Road please.
Incidentally, Stephen took over the number 25 from my brother.Between them they played 262 games in red and white and number 25.
I wonder if he is a dockers fan or an eagles fan? His son played for us for a few years didn’t he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back