MRP / Trib. Mitch Duncan cleared by MRP for alleged "rough conduct" with Luke Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats fans:

It has been widely reported that Mitch has been reported for some contact with Luke Hodge.

There was a free kick paid and Hodge got right up and did not leave the ground.

However, post match, it was reported and confirmed that Hodge has a broken arm from that event and will be out for 6 weeks or so.

Discuss this here and if/once the official word comes out this thread title will be ammended according.

GO Catters

Pavlich got let off today because he hit Wood on the shoulder and not the head. Case closed. But it is Hawthorn, and it is Hodge. So who knows.

3AW are saying it was the incident where Hodge broke/hurt his arm. The hit didn't do the damage, but landing did.

Chris Scott said something along the lines that he didn't think there was much in it, and if those type of incidents are reportable then Hodge would have been reported 50 times in the past. :eek: Normally coaches deflect, but not this time.

I think he may get a 'please explain' from Gil. :p

Umpire took both numbers so pretty sure Dubxan was reported. Looked to me from a long distance that Duncan was trying to spoil. As this was not head contact I cannot see Mitch getting rubbed out.

If he gets reported and suspended for that then the AFL House needs to be burnt to the ground

Wouldn't surprise me as they have always got it out for a GFC player.
Only while we had Stevie J.

Can you be suspended for bumping someone in the arm. The intent was the head, but he missed so that is ruled out.

Does the rule only apply for head high contact? I would freakin hope so, cause there would be heaps of arm on arm contact every single contest!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Hodge 5 weeks on top of his time off with injury for kneeing Bartel in the temple. If Duncan goes for what he did, Hodge goes for more as his actions were far more dangerous. Guaranteed though that not a word will be said about what Hodge did, being a great bloke and all.
Spot on mate and he has been doing it for years.

Looks to me like the damage was done in the air by Duncan's body? Thought it was already hurt before he landed, so hard to tell what will happen. Going for the ball in a contest and just bad luck?

Looks to me like the damage was done in the air by Duncan's body? Thought it was already hurt before he landed, so hard to tell what will happen. Going for the ball in a contest and just bad luck?

Duncan went hard. Hodgey went Lite & Easy :oops: :D

Report came from the field umpire not a MRP decision so it has pretty good grounds for the Ump in question to have been plain wrong and for it to get tossed.

However, its a GFC player.
And it involves Hodge as a HFC player.

All bets are off...

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Mitch Duncan cleared by MRP for alleged "rough conduct" with Luke Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back