Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelly is reported as now being worth top 10 to geelong if he wants to be pried out:

As I said I think its unders mcadam for mcgovern...BUT its what jimmy said.

p.s. most i can see us giving up (this is what i think itll end up being)

mcadam
pick 24
swap of seconds in 2019
Jimmy who?

Kelly is reported as now being worth top 10 to geelong if he wants to be pried out:

mcadam
pick 24
swap of seconds in 2019

So now every mature ager is worth kelly, which is worth a top 10 pick. #carltonlogic

Jimmy Bartel on the AGE footy podcast thinks it'll be McGovern for mature age pick 1 as the main portion of the deal, with perhaps some later pick swaps if either club isn't too happy.

Honestly think this is unders but it's good to see someone credible from the media put his view forward.

McAdam fwiw Jimmy rates as around pick 20, which is probably fair enough guys.

#dontshootthemessenger #bartelsgotthegoods #reidoverbarrell
AHA now I see it's Bartel...

What club is Bartel List Managing these days?

McAdam pick 20 LOl LOL LOL

Look not even majority of carlton supporters think thatll get it done.

Consensus on our board seems to be second plus mature = about 2 second rounders.

It is interesting that there are media personalties with vastly different views though.

FWIW matt thompson on trade radio said he thought pick 12 was not enough still lol - so vic bias is not there.

When I was modding, the rules were to abide by what is acceptable for a PG audience. The site at that time was rated as pg = 14-year-olds and above. As far as I am aware those standards are still in place.
A fair bit is slipping through then.

Consensus on our board seems to be second plus mature = about 2 second rounders.

It is interesting that there are media personalties with vastly different views though.

FWIW matt thompson on trade radio said he thought pick 12 was not enough still lol - so vic bias is not there.
Seriously since when did these mature agers become worth second rounders

Seriously, clubs part with second round picks for players that will be pushing for a spot in the 22. Adelaide got less for guys like Wright, Lyon and Kerridge - all who played regular AFL footy.

So if Carlton think McAdam is such a valuable prospect then you guys should just keep him and play him. God knows your starting line up needs all the help it can get.

Seriously, clubs part with second round picks for players that will be pushing for a spot in the 22. Adelaide got less for guys like Wright, Lyon and Kerridge - all who played regular AFL footy.

So if Carlton think McAdam is such a valuable prospect then you guys should just keep him and play him. God knows your starting line up needs all the help it can get.
You realise kelly was drafter with pick 24 right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 12 on its own isn’t enough, simple as that. Might have been if he didnt have 2 years to contract. Do we have to quote the almighty SOS again?

Mate, just because Carlton fanboi McClure keeps telling you all that you’ll get Shiel, McGovern and Setterfield all for the cost of a 2nd rounder, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

McGovern ain’t coming cheap and your 2x 2nd rounders are sinking in value fast.

If Bartel said that he’s a ******* moron. Stupidest suggestion yet.

It’s not unders, it’s giving him away for effectively nothing. McAdam has close to zero trade value.
McAdam doesn’t have next to zero trade value. McAdam has zero trade value. He’s not on an AFL list at the time of Trade period.

I don’t care about the new rules or what Vic media is trying to push down our throats, I’m never going to see a SANFL player as having any value in trade discussions!

May as well start trading players for pokies machines or the recipe for Chicken Salt!

mcadam
pick 24
swap of seconds in 2019
He is under a ****ing contract.

If the sample size of carlton posters visiting our board is a fair representation, a consensus on your board means zilch.

mcadam
pick 24
swap of seconds in 2019

You can keep McAdam and your pick 24. You have had enough hand outs. We aren't giving you another one.

McAdam doesn’t have next to zero trade value. McAdam has zero trade value. He’s not on an AFL list at the time of Trade period.

I don’t care about the new rules or what Vic media is trying to push down our throats, I’m never going to see a SANFL player as having any value in trade discussions!

May as well start trading players for pokies machines or the recipe for Chicken Salt!
This I disagree with, McAdam was/is a certainty to be on an AFL list in 2019 via the draft, there was/is no chance he gets through to the rookie draft.....what is debatable is where he would have gone in the draft and thus his value as a trade commodity. Using your analogy none of the SA lads have trade value so then how do you explain swapping draft picks to get up the draft order.

Im so sick of people on one saying "no way will we take 2 late 20s picks. Top 10 pick or go home. Multiple later picks doesnt equal a high pick regardless of what the points say."

On the other hand they think we can bundle up later picks and trade them to gold coast for pick 2, 3 or both.

NO, they are saying the only way they would accept the 2 x 2nd is if they can bundle them up. to get a better deal which means no bundle no deal.
there is a big difference.
The one thing most are saying which seem to escape a few is the Crow will not do a deal that does not benefit the Crows. Full Stop Reid has mentioned it, Hamish has mentioned it, Roo has mentioned it, Pyke has hinted on it, that is 4 of the 5 man list management team. And I am not too sure the 5th member is still part of the team as I have nothing from him in Burton about any trades.
What I get from that is they will not trade unless the deal benefits the Crows.

You realise kelly was drafter with pick 24 right?

Why don't Carlton keep him if he is the next Kelly?

You sure as shit need players ready to go not yet more number 1 draft picks that fail to fire.

Surely Carlton supporters should know more top draft picks does not equal success, a decade of very good picks has just seen you win 2 games and go backwards.

Maybe your club should look to another path instead of herpderp another number 1 pick that leads you to mediocrity but this time it will be different cos Sos :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back