Morabito to undergo knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

These sorts of injuries are just bad luck, and it's never good news to see any player young or old go down with a serious knee injury.

If a young player has repeated soft tissue injuries or OP you could probably make a case for saying he had to do too much too early, but with knee injuries IMO it's usually just a case of wrong time, wrong place.

Palmer, Morabito, Otten, Mitch Brown, Kruezer... There have been a few young guys go down recently, but I think it's more coincidence than correlation at this stage.

100% agree. It's still not proven and Rodan is having fraying in his, it's not like you can keep drilling holes in the bone and inserting synthetic material. The old approach is proven and McManus had a long career after having it done even younger.

It still stinks. He's a great young bloke and would've been the next Docker to take the league by storm. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

You get your bones drilled no matter what. It's usually the lack of available tendon that becomes the problem.

Pretty sweet video of it here:

[youtube]5yiWPb9_hNc&feature=related[/youtube]

The best thing about it is you get given ketamine in recovery if you're in pain. I made sure they didn't put a blocker in my leg so I got mine. :):thumbsu:

I hope Mora plays it smart to get his.

Chops and Morabito - both to be guns in 2011/12.

Ballet sorted McManus out. Hopefully he gets him into some kind of dancing as it's one of the better things you can do for it.

Heh, It's amazing they can do it all through a few keyholes. You can't distinguish what the hell's what in there even with a camera in there?!

A mate of mine just had a reco, his doc said it looked like a bomb went off in his knee, apparently when he initially blew it his lower leg was just hanging loose almost like if there wasn't skin holding it all together on the outside his lower leg would have fallen off. :eek:

Sounds like a car accident.

But yeah, people can do 3 or 4 knee ligaments.

When I went over on my knee for the last time about 2 months ago, I dislocated the lower leg entirely, and broke the femur.

The physio thought I'd done the medial, PCL as well as the already done ACL. Turns out I just had a broken femur.

But yeah, it was crazy loose. The surgeon had fun testing it. Luckily it had already healed up pretty well, but some people don't.

That is a yes, I "play" for the rats. If you could call it that. :D

Well there ya go, good one.:thumbsu:

I'm an original Rat from day 1. Easily played 150+ games, played in the National Uni games 4 times and was in the side that won the National Uni AFL Title when we played it up here. Was even Pres for a couple of years late in my footy days.

Actually at home I've still got the Rats first A Grade Premiership Cup. Its slightly busted up as during the 3rd day of celebrations we had a player try and rap dance with it, he propped himself on it with his stomach and we started spinning him around and around on it and it buckled.:p:eek: Someone at the Uni Sports Association threw it in the bin and I had to climb in this industrial bin to find it and save it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, them were the days. We dominated for years and destroyed a fair few promising AFL careers drinking beers and chasing skirt.:thumbsu::D:rolleyes:

Sounds like a hundred stories Parslow, Chinny and others tell me. :D

Nothing much has changed, but. Apart from the whole winning thing.

Should try and get down for carols on Friday night. Spewing I can't be Santa again this year, as I'm in Perth.

Love the club though. Haven't been involved in one like it, and I don't think a peer would exist. On the committee this year and helping out, as I can't do anything else.

Now she's gone but not forgotten...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A person i know, who is not unfit by any means and at the time was 20, did a hamstring while in bed..... sometimes you are just unlucky. i dont think this has one iota to do with playing the kids too early.... but it doesnt suprise me eagles fans are looking for ways to blame our coaching staff, given that we have gotten 99% of everything right in the last couple of years while your team of "coaches" has gotten mostly everything wrong :eek:

So many puns... so little time ! :D :eek:

I got a nasty blood nose in bed once and there was a pelvic bone involved.;)

Lets just say she was quite happy at the time and then I wasn't.:eek::p

Didn't stop me playing footy the next weekend though. Your must be soft KPR.

haha, check and mate, thats a funnier injury, and i will mention it to the boys... something tells me they wont ease up though...

yep 3 weeks missed, hurt like hell.......... the next morning

watched a replay of the Hawthorn final. All i can say is, *sigh*

Mora was looking so good. Made me sad. The presenters were talking up his next year, " superstar in the making"

when do we get some good Karma?

watched a replay of the Hawthorn final. All i can say is, *sigh*

Mora was looking so good. Made me sad. The presenters were talking up his next year, " superstar in the making"

when do we get some good Karma?

2012 - when all the stars align and we go unbeaten the whole season. Just prior to the world ending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Morabito to undergo knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back