Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

We used to buy kids tickets in really good seats at AO and photoshop them to say adult (when printing tickets was way more common)

Get in the main gates, gate lights up a different colour but no security cared. They don't get paid enough I guess, get the odd hero but 9/10 times walk in with ease plus its busy.
I got a real hero at Kardinia Park once. I bought about $30 worth of fish and chips and went to enter the ground to have the lunch with the ppl I was meeting in there.

You cannot take in "commercially produced food" she gleefully informed me.
I proceeded to call my friend, get her to get a pass out, get the fish and chips, cover it up with a jacket, enter back in the ground.

Soooooo wanted to casually go up to the attendant and offer her a leftover chip once we were done with them.

Lol. I doubt anyone will be old enough to get the following.

A couple of times in the 70s I had gf's in different States. Interstate telephone calls were v expensive.

There was however a trick with telephones in their red boxes involving an unfolded paper clip that enabled a long call interstate to be made for the price of a local call.

Back when footytips.com.au gave a free whopper from HJ's voucher for getting 8/8 (or 9/9 when it changed) we used to photoshop the expiry date and make heaps of copies

Free whoppers for an entire season. Worked for years, just needed someone to get a legitimate perfect round each year to ensure we had an updated voucher template

Back when footytips.com.au gave a free whopper from HJ's voucher for getting 8/8 (or 9/9 when it changed) we used to photoshop the expiry date and make heaps of copies

Free whoppers for an entire season. Worked for years, just needed someone to get a legitimate perfect round each year to ensure we had an updated voucher template
The bloke that owns Hungry Jack's spat in every 50th free burger though.

HomerThompson

Last edited:
What about posting a letter but writing the return address as the front address and the real address as the return address, with no stamp.

Would it go to where you wanted it to go?
That was a joke in that Life Support show on sbs.

Don't see why it wouldn't work?

This is you

c5I-Kw.gif

Similar ilk

Long time ago going into fast food drive throughs in peak hour. "I forgot my wallet, can't reverse out i'll just drive through" "ok, no worries". Or order a water as that didn't go through the till

Get to the next window and a bag will be waiting as they're generally so quick. Free mystery meal

Wouldn't get away with that now with all the cameras

Similar ilk

Long time ago going into fast food drive throughs in peak hour. "I forgot my wallet, can't reverse out i'll just drive through" "ok, no worries". Or order a water as that didn't go through the till

Get to the next window and a bag will be waiting as they're generally so quick. Free mystery meal

Wouldn't get away with that now with all the cameras
I got free KFC about 8 weeks ago. Order at drive thru go to cashier window wait no one there drive around to the next window. No ne asks me for money give me food. That evens it out seen as they’ve left out at least 2 zingers in the last year and I’ve gotten home and the food wasn’t there.

Does anyone remember the "scratchy" tickets for the met in Melbourne - circa the 1990's?

Didn't last long. I think most of Melbourne was fare avoiding in those days
daily-z123-adult.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got free KFC about 8 weeks ago. Order at drive thru go to cashier window wait no one there drive around to the next window. No ne asks me for money give me food. That evens it out seen as they’ve left out at least 2 zingers in the last year and I’ve gotten home and the food wasn’t there.

I got extra HJ once likes heaps extra ...eg 4burgers 4 chips extra.

Got free scotch fillet roll from local take away place .
I ordered ...got really busy ....here you go see ya ...NEXT...
Ok ...

Got free dinner in Grampians ordered on phone .
They got busy pretty much threw order and yelled next ..

I liked the metcards.

Was nothing wrong with that system. Other than it cutting down a whole lot of trees..
Yeah, same.

I liked that the machines would print the expiry time on the back of the ticket. So you learned to take the 10 past train and swipe the ticket at one past the hour to get the extra hour.
And that swiping a ticket at 1 minute past 5 became an all night ticket.

I used to buy the 10 x zone 1 2 hour and keep it in my wallet. I was an irregular user of PT in those days and that just suited me best.

You could also buy a ticket on a tram with the coin machines. That was how I used to get rid of my loose change back before they got rid of them. Just pump the machines full of silver.

Apart from the paper thing, in many ways I felt the Myki was a step backwards. At least the latest generation of cards and machines seem to work better than when first introduced.

The one thing I can say about Myki is ive lucky enough not to have an issue with it at all.

You haven't had it randomly expire when you get on a tram and tap on only to find it's no longer functional?

They've got a shelf life of 4-5 years before they need to be replaced, which sucks.

You haven't had it randomly expire when you get on a tram and tap on only to find it's no longer functional?

They've got a shelf life of 4-5 years before they need to be replaced, which sucks.

Happened to me on the way to the footy once, had to miss the train and get another one, missed the start of the game which shit me

I reckon they've improved in recent years.

I thought they had a 3 year life?

Anyway - my last 2 myki's have survived until end of life and got replaced. But every Myki I had before that mysteriously stopped working long before the expiry date. Was very bad with the old style original readers fitted to trams.

Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back