Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

love it when you're on the next aisle and you hear 'oh, that stinks!' from the previous aisle 🤣
this is me when that happens

Idea Brewing GIF by Out of Office

I have declared war more than once and attempted the dutch oven, my missus some how instantly finds the strength of 1000 men and thwarts the advance.
Truly amazing what a fart can do.
i'm always amazed at how much worse a fart smells in the shower

Amatuer stuff in here. You fart near someone (stranger or known person it doesn't matter) and scuttle around the corner before the smell hits. Others will think it's them. Yes I have done and still do this occasionally.

Amatuer stuff in here. You fart near someone (stranger or known person it doesn't matter) and scuttle around the corner before the smell hits. Others will think it's them. Yes I have done and still do this occasionally.
Only works with 'cat farts', I prefer a good cheek wobbler TBH

A treat for 2 senses

Regular Metro fare evader here. Sometimes I feel bad about it, often I don't at all. Usually it heavily correlates to how often I may have been screwed by poor service recently, i.e. buses replacing trains was a regular occurrence earlier this year and consequently the amount of times I wasn't touching on certainly spiked, even when heading into the city.

I must have saved a couple of thousand dollars over the years. Had a couple of close calls, but have managed to steer clear of the AOs. Probably should quit while I'm ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regular Metro fare evader here. Sometimes I feel bad about it, often I don't at all. Usually it heavily correlates to how often I may have been screwed by poor service recently, i.e. buses replacing trains was a regular occurrence earlier this year and consequently the amount of times I wasn't touching on certainly spiked, even when heading into the city.

I must have saved a couple of thousand dollars over the years. Had a couple of close calls, but have managed to steer clear of the AOs. Probably should quit while I'm ahead.

the 'cost' of fare evading is covered by the state, as written into the contracts with Metro / Yarra Trams

So loses are publicised, while private operators, using state infrastructure, privatise the profits

It should be free if the state is paying for it anyway

the 'cost' of fare evading is covered by the state, as written into the contracts with Metro / Yarra Trams

So loses are publicised, while private operators, using state infrastructure, privatise the profits

It should be free if the state is paying for it anyway
Yep, totally. Although that more or less just 'supports' my motive. My primary motive is pure selfishness and not wanting to pay for a service that is perennially delayed, slow, or simply lacks basic communication for customers.

Seriously, the amount of times I've headed into the city in the early evening, and been shocked to find out that I'd be relegated to buses replacing trains on my way home, adding an extra 30 mins at least. You'd expected the absolute bare minimum would be a sign on the inbound platform notifying passengers that this would be the case after 10pm (for example). I shouldn't have to go out of my way to navigate their website and app to find out this information.

For 5+ years I used to childs bus ticket. Saved about $2k a year I think

Got caught once, paid the $200 fine. Got caught again and heard it can take demerit points off the license. Somehow got out of the 2nd fine but stopped the children's ticket. I have a free bus ticket now thankfully

I see inspectors on my bus home a few times a month, never fine anyone. The money spent on them should be the saving, not worrying about the public catching a public service on the 'wrong ticket'. Especially when most using it could WFH adequately and we're seemingly rolling that back by stealth.

Public service with privatized profits and > 50% of the people using it only doing so to please large corporations who inevitably tax dodge (the commercial CBD real estate owners/employers). **** that whole system tbh, rort it to your hearts content and free of guilt imo

Excellent stuff. Bugger Metro. If I underperformed like they did I wouldn't have a job.

When I did it, it would have saved me close to $2k I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back