Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Carlton have been bad for so long I just sorta laugh at them these days.
If you had a DeLorean & went back to the 70’s then you would capture a new feel about Carlton.
I hope & prey than one day I will see Collingwood beat Carlton in a GrandFinal.

For me lt's a toss up between Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Footscray, Fremantle, Geelong, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North, Port Adelaide, Richmond, StKilda, Suns, Swans and West Coast. But I think Richmond might just pip them on the day!!!

Richmond fans make the club detestable - anal warts that resist burning

Carlton is debased from fan to admin - they remain the vampire squid that needs a pike through the brain
Richmond are our dim witted cousins.
Carlton and Essendon are the enemy.

Rivalries are built on losing grand finals.
That’s why we have so many.

Ironically I don’t recall us losing or even playing many GFs to some of our biggest rivals over the past 40 or so years. For example

Essendon no losses one win
Richmond one loss
Melbourne no gfs
Hawthorn no gfs
Geelong one loss
StKilda one win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been a Richmond hater for most of my life , but I actually respect them now , begrudgingly. It’s Port Power that I really hate now .

The first time I saw Collingwood lose a Grand Final live was 1980. I cried a lot that day.
I have never liked Richmond since and especially K.B.
That said I still hate Carlton & Essendon equally.

Every campaigner that had wronged me happens to be an Essendon supporter, coincidence I think not. For that reason, and the fact that Carlton have struggled in recent decades, they take top spot.

However Carlton are not to be trusted and must be watched closely, should their fortunes improve, may it never happen, then they would reclaim top spot again.

Carlton is our biggest rival and have been since the 1910 Grand Final.

Richmond is our #2 rival after Carlton. The rivalry stems from 1919 when Dan Minogue defected to the Tigers.

Fitzroy was our first rival which pre-dates the VFL era. It fizzled out once they went down after 1922. By 1922, they had won 7 premierships in 25 years.

Never liked Essendon and their supporters. The drugs saga just cemented the dislike for me but I still think Carlton and Richmond are above them for our biggest rivals.

Port Adelaide is an honourable mention for obvious reasons.

Carlton by the proverbial for me. To the extent that I enjoyed seeing Essendon beat them in the 93 GF.

Almost 20 years of them being putrid has not diminished this for me.

For me it's Hawthorn followed by daylight, thanks to growing up in a family of Hawthorn fans in the 80's. It was horrific. I then married a Hawthorn fan, and paid to have her watch two grand finals. Can't stand the bastards. They're followed by Essendon, as I've always said if an Essendon fan doesn't piss you off within 3 seconds of opening their mouth, they don't actually barrack for Essendon

Last edited:
I wonder how much of the Brisbane rivalry stems from our rivalry with Fitzroy?
None for me. It all stems from 02 and 03. Only Collingwood could have a sacked premiership coach beat us in back to back grand finals.

I can’t stand Voss either, and now they he’s Carlton coach, it’s ten times worse.

My brother & I have always referred to Carlton as "the scum" - no contest really.

Then Essendon - Daniher's hit on Gavin Brown in 1990 GF.

Richmond. I'm really sick of them now, but I almost felt sorry for them during their dark days...only kidding!
Got a giggle from this:

St Kilda - O'Dea's hit on Greening.

I'm also sick of Hawthorn - too much success.

For me it's Hawthorn followed by daylight, thanks to growing up in a family of Hawthorn fans in the 80's. It was horrific. I then married a Hawthorn fan, and paid to have her watch two grand finals. Can't stand the bastards. They're followed by Essendon, as I've always said if an Essendon fan doesn't piss you off within 3 seconds of opening their mouth, they don't actually barrack for Essendon
I hear you

I also have everyone in my family as Hawks supporters. Older brothers celebrated about 10 flags, I’ve seen 2 and a heap of GF losses

in hindsight should not have listened to my best mate at school when I was 6 who convinced me to following the Pies 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Hated Club/Biggest Rivalry - Who Is It?

Back