Most Hated Team!

• Thread starter Eagle_Fan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jee-zus! I haven't looked at this topic since it first started, but what do I find? Dan24 is STILL trying to convince everyone that Essendon were the best team and were soooo unlucky to lose to an inferior opponent in last year's prelim.

If it makes you feel any worse Dan24 - yes they were
biggrin.gif

If it makes you feel any worse POWER MAD, your team is crap....... and on the bottom of the ladder as well. Pity.

How does it feel to have your loyalty tested ? Gee, all those premierships with the Magpies, have spoilt you. Stick with them, though. They'll get better (they'd want to)

I'm curious to know how these Port supporters who know nothing bu success, are going to find it supporting a loser. We will find out if they are loyal after all. No one really knows if they are loyal, but we are going to find out in coming years, no doubt.

I think these supporters are going to be saying : "What the hell, the team I'm barracking for is a loser. I'm not used to this. I don't like it. I'm going back to the SANFL, and follow the Magpies. I don't want to support the Power because they are losing"

I wonder how many Port Supporters will bw saying this ?

Lots, I'm guessing.

Slightly off the topic here, but could I point out to ccridley, who posted on this topic earlier that the Brisbane Lions director removed recently was not a member of the Fitzroy Board as he asserts, and hasn't been since 1986.

I'd say people tend to dislike teams that their club has rivalry with, or with whom they have one with the supporters of that club. Until recently I didn't mind Richmond, but then I started working with 5 tigers fans and now I really enjoy seeing them lose cause the guys are a tad obnoxious. That's not to say I "hate" them though.

Conversely I hated Hawthorn as we had an intense rivalry in the 80's, then I went and married a hawk fan, and now after watching them a bit I din't think they're so bad (still hate losing to them!). The fact they're not winning sort of helps though!

Man you go a way for a few days, but it’s comforting to see that in this ever changing world in which we live some things remain the same, Danny Boy is still talking about “that game”!!!!!!.

The other constant about Dan’s post’s are that he’s always right, indeed he is the most passionate, most loyal, most knowledgeable, most logical, most emotional (and unemotional) supporter that ever stood on four tinnies behind the Napier Street goals.

The good news is that I’ve seen the light, Dan IS right!, the mighty Bombers are the only true, just, honourable and righteous football team and supporters in the entire history of global sport.

Oh Danny boy, please accept my deepest apologies for ever doubting the purity and godliness of the EFC. Please accept me in to the fold, I have repented, I’m ready to spread the good news, the holy word of the prophet Kevin shall ring out through out hyperspace, together we will conquer the dark side. Darth Elliott and his band of evil Blues will not stand in our way, for we have the purity and sanctity of the EFC on our side. Let the crusade begin !!.

I’m a Born Again Bomber ready to serve !!!!!!!!

“See the bombers fly up, up to crush the infidel uprising ......”

Thankyou postman, for your keen response.

Ah, how we all love sarcasm, don't we. I don't claim Essendon is the pure bastion of good, but certainly more so than that Carlton scum.

Not that I wouldn't mind if Essendon was involved in more controversy from time to time.

At least you have realised that to insult me, you need to revert to praise (i.e reverse psychology). It's hard to be critical of me, I know, becasue unlike you, I actually make sense with what I say. So, therefore, you resort to sarcasm.

I am touched and honored. Dan24 - 10. Postman - 0

Why the hell should we applaud the opposition...after all we do go to the footy to see our team.....all yous bulldogs,tigers,maggie,demons and others dont lke the crows and the eagles coz yous are jealous.......that were successful,and we have money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha, jealous of Crows...I think NOT. I'm not really jealous of the Eagles but I applaude the fact they have been running th club so professionaly sice their inception to the league. By the way, the Crows haven't been "successful" go back to the records of the last 10 years and check to see how much you have actually been in the finals!

To ccridley, please don't tell me about what is happening at my club when you obviously know nothing about it! I've read the article and made a few enquiries from Lions officials at recent after-match functions (including a certain Andrew Ireland) on my own. Who needs Scotland Yard? Even so Scotland Yard probably know very little about AFL, but they're probably still better informed than you are. What you read in the newspaper by that former Fitzroy supporter and anti-Brisbane Lions journalist Rod Nicholson was pretty selective and not the full story. I repeat David Lucas has not been on the Fitzroy Football Club board since 1986 and was an arbitrary appointment in 1997 by Noel Gordon after the merger. Ask any Fitzroy diehard (and I know a few at both Brisbane and Coburg-Fitzroy) and they'll tell you that David Lucas is not a representative of Fitzroy people. Lucas was NOT on the board of the Fitzroy Football Club Ltd. with Dyson Hore-Lacy which still exists and hasn't been since 1986. Until David Lucas was removed, there were actually three Fitzroy representatives on the Brisbane Lions board, the other two being Ken Levy and Laurie Serafini. You quote "Under the merger agreement, two Fitzory delegates had to be on the committe for 10 years..' Well Ken levy and Laurie Serafini are still on the board and the terms of the merger agreement with to Fitzroy (Victorian) board members is still fulfilled. Ken Levy was on the Fitzroy board for several years until 1994 and Serafini (as even you would know) is a favorite son of Fitzroy. I've already written a letter of protest to the newspaper and the journalist. It was just another example of sensationalism from a journalist who by his past record seeks in every way to undermine the merger. This is the same bloke that in 1998 stated in his column that the Brisbane Lions were going to revert back to their former identity as the Brisbane Bears for the 1999 season. It was absolute and utter crap!!!..just as the article you refer to is!! Don't believe everything you read in the media. Many jorunalists (and Rod Nicholson certainly is one) push their own agenda.

Perhaps Scotland Yard have been filled in about the Fitzroy/Brisbane situation by the player still under investigation by them???

Just a thought!

I have just read all the articals on this subject and who wrote them.......I have come to the conclusion that Dutchman, The Postman and that boring w***er Dan24 are nothing but self-centered ***** who suck each other off!!!
Why don't you lot get a life and and ring each other up, that way you can blow up each others arseh*le and leave us in peace. As we are sick and tired of listening to your shit!!!!

I thaught mandatory sentencing was to lock w***ers like shield up

Is there any topic on these boards that doesn't contain the perpetual whinge mentality of the we-was-robbed Bomber fans.
When you lose, you lose! And when your team loses we will be here to rub your noses in it.
By the way Dan24, before you sling off at someone for their spelling talents, check your own posts.
Yore speling is atroshus and your gramma is worser.

Well ive read everything and heres what i think!

Dockers-I pity them for they have a big brother they'll never live up to.

Tigers-Average boring football, barring Richardson of course.

Port-They just suck!!!!!!

Crows-Lets be honest no-one likes the crows, they were way too smug about winning back to back.

Bulldogs-what can i say there from melbourne and libba is ugly, dirty and disgusting which just about sums up the entire organisation.

St Kilda-I like the saints, burke rocks, harvey rocks and spider is awesome its a pity there so crap.

Hawks-I like the hawks, holland rocks, thompson rocks and crawford is awesome its a pity there so crap
smile.gif

Lions-Well there not from melbourne so i cant hate them with a passion but they do have Voss and he sucks.

Swans-You've gotta love plugga but hes gone now so theres not much else to like about Sydney apart from the Olympics.

Demons-There ok, Farmer is electric but before the demons comes that word again.... melbourne. Enough said.

Carlton-There a joke! Koutoufides is overated, Bradley is old and its time for Parkin to leave. Oh and there from Melbourne.

Geelong-The only good reason to watch the Cats is for a specky from Ablett, oh wait he retired years ago, get the point.

Collingwood-Mick was a godsend. Why havent they got rid of the Rocca's yet. Between them i dont think they could spell Collingwood. Poor poor Buckley.

Nth Melbourne-Well North is followed by the magic word....Melbourne. Wayne Carey assaults women, cmon you all remember.

Essendon-Dan24, this one for you. Lloyd couldnt get the coleman if they stapled it to his forehead. Hird could do us a favour and stay injured. Mercuri is brilliant, whoops a spelling mistake i meant bullshit. Fletchers first name is Dustin????!!! And who isnt annoyed by that little matchstick Bewick. Has anyone seen Kevin Sheedy from behind recently....hes got a football rammed so far up his arse he actually thinks hes the best coach in the league. Enough said.
smile.gif

2000 the year of the Eagle!

ccridley,

Yep, I can read a newspaper - (two or three a day what's more). Unlike your good self apparently, I just don't believe everything I read. And anyway where's this 'Brisbane franchise' crap coming from? Brisbane is a members-based club (and has been since its formation in 1997 as a result of the merger) just like all the Victorian clubs..including the 'Kangaroo franchise' that you are so loyal to. The Bears were also membership based from 1992-1996. If there is an impression by some that the Lions are some sort of subsidary organisation of a company like Indian-Pacific or of something like a state football league such as WCE and the Crows are.. (or were, I'm not sure of their current status), then that's clearly incorrect. Nor are the Lions a subsidary of the AFL. The "Brisbane Bears-Fitzroy Australian Football Club Ltd." (trading as the "Brisbane Lions") clearly holds the AFL licence, in exactly the same manner as all the Victorian clubs, including ccridley, your club.. the Kangaroos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back