Mott rejected Freo contract!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper

Senior List
Mar 17, 2003
Just read this on footygoss.com and very suprised, rejected Freo deal in favour of two year contract and will take a punt in National Draft, hmm....

Mott to enter draft after rejecting contract offer
Posted Oct 31, 2003 - 16:40 PM

By Daniel Garb

The confusion surrounding Ricky Mott's delisting from the Fremantle list today has been cleared up after the club announced the ruckman had chosen to enter the National Draft in favour of accepting a one year contract with the Dockers.

Fremantle Football Manager Steven Icke spoke to FootyGoss today, and explained the situation.

"Ricky was offered a deal by the club, but rejected that and will enter the National Draft."

"He wanted a two year contract," Icke said.

Fremantle was only prepared to offer Mott a one year deal.

The club also de-listed rookie list players Ben Colreavy and Josh Head today, but promoted Daniel Gilmore and Luke Webster onto the senior list.

For Mott to knock back a contract of any sort after blowing his opportunity at Sydney, seems to be a ridiculous decision on his part. It suggests to me that some Club has given an undertaking to pick him up in the National or Pre Season Draft.

The listing of Gilmore will no doubt send you into raptures dasler!!

Originally posted by YAKUZA
For Mott to knock back a contract of any sort after blowing his opportunity at Sydney, seems to be a ridiculous decision on his part. It suggests to me that some Club has given an undertaking to pick him up in the National or Pre Season Draft.

Probably, as it might mean he could be promoted out of the team. Dasler, if you watched alot of Souths this year, how would you describe Ricky Mott's 2003 form?

Originally posted by YAKUZA
Over the moon
Originally posted by Sera
Dasler, if you watched alot of Souths this year, how would you describe Ricky Mott's 2003 form?
Patchy, goes through phases of absolute domination and then not doing much at all. Overall though he was pretty good, probably one of the better ruckman this season.

The phases of domination interspersed with nothing are what Mott is like in a nutshell. The nothing bit is called "ATTITUDE PROBLEM" and is why he will forever be a couldabeen.

Dud - the Dockers are better off without him and South Freo is a perfect place for him to play out the rest of his hot and cold career

Originally posted by Freo Shark
Can someone bring me up to speed with what Mott's "attitude problem" is ?

Reason he was delisted from Sydney was he came back to preseason overweight. He had done nothing to maintain any level of fitness in the off season. For a guy who was not anywhere near established as an AFL player this was seen as a sign of laziness, complacencyand "above the rest" hence - delisted. The fact he has rejected an offer from Freo only confirms to me that he thinks he is better than he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Mott in any position at all to be knocking back contracts?? what has he done that warrants his arrogance??. He needs a good kick up the bum i think arrhh:mad: .

The word is Carlton have spoken to him, and will probably use pick 400 to get him;) Freo only offered him a one year deal because they know he is slack and lacks discipline. I watched Freo train many times this year and Mott trained like he wasn't interested. On the positive side at least this gives us another draft pick.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mott rejected Freo contract!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back