Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons Season 38 Team Thread | The Brrrrr-illiant Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons, welcome aboard returning player Jatz! Jatz, check out the team thread of the best club in the business! šŸ„³

Take a look at the opening few posts of the thread, and choose an available playing number!
And in other exciting news, happy 250th, Yakker!

These are both very exciting news items, Headless!

Welcome back Jatz.

To my my dear friend Yakker, I will always be up for an early morning morning chat with you! ā¤ļø

Yakker and sausageroll both play their 250th game for the club this weekend. Only seven other players have done that in the history of the club, which has been running for more than 20 years.

Double celebration!
250 games for sausageroll! Kick a bag this weekend to celebrate

R4 Match Summary.JPG

4 wins in a row and sitting in top spot on the ladder after comfortably outscoring the Bombers in every quarter on the way to a big win.
Our percentage went up to just under 170. HUGE!

Azarole made a very welcome return to the team.

No milestones until Round 6.

Team selection...

Mount Buller Demons - Official Team Sheet
Season 38, Round 4 v. Bombers

B:
Yakker / manangatang / jmoo wan
HB: Truetiger / Van_Dyke / cartwright
C: Gralin / Wosh / p4p1
HF: cooney / tgrs / DERO
F: Bluelegs / sausageroll / sante
FOLL: cats2rise / moginie / Scythe94
INT: Azarole / Headless

Milestones: Nil

Changes:
Azarole OUT > INT
Marlowe INT > OUT

R5 Match Summary.JPG

Headless still has the best winning percentage as captain in the history of the SFA, undefeated in top spot with 6 consecutive wins.

The match against the Royals was much tighter than previous weeks but we did enough in the second and third quarters still come away with a fairly comfortable win.

The return of Azarole in Round 4 was followed by the return of Proper Gander in Round 5. A huge couple of weeks for us.

Team selection...

Season 38, Round 5 v. Gold City Royals

B:
Yakker / Proper Gander / jmoo wan

Milestones:

Changes:

Proper Gander OUT > FB
manangatang FB > OUT

No milestones in Round 5, but Round 6 against the Bears has a couple.
Yakker celebrates his 250th SFA and Demons match and I celebrate m 250th for the club.

Welcome to the Demons Jatz

...and we see another HUGE addition this week with the return of manangatang

Match thread is here

Last edited:
View attachment 2096502

Headless still has the best winning percentage as captain in the history of the SFA, undefeated in top spot with 6 consecutive wins.

The match against the Royals was much tighter than previous weeks but we did enough in the second and third quarters still come away with a fairly comfortable win.

The return of Azarole in Round 4 was followed by the return of Proper Gander in Round 5. A huge couple of weeks for us.

Team selection...

Season 38, Round 5 v. Gold City Royals

B:
Yakker / Proper Gander / jmoo wan

Milestones:

Changes:

Proper Gander OUT > FB
manangatang FB > OUT

No milestones in Round 5, but Round 6 against the Bears has a couple.
Yakker celebrates his 250th SFA and Demons match and I celbrate m 250th for the club.

Welcome to the Demons Jatz

...and we see another HUGE addition this week with the return of manangatang

Match threas id here
Our for and against seem to be a little out compared to the previous week's.

sausageroll your continued amazing work gets my...
Seal Of Approval Thumbs Up GIF

R4 Weekly Stats.JPG

Posting
Round 4 against the Bombers saw us bounce back after a relatively quiet week against the Roys.
We had our second highest post count of the season and ended up with 19 active posters.
We have had more than 50% of match thread posts every week, finishing with 58% on this occasion.

cats2rise led the posting with 98 just beating Wosh on 96. moginie was not far behind on 85, his highest total for the season.
Headless and Gralin both finished above 50 but the real highlight was Proper Gander who came from nowhere in a huge return, finishing with 62 posts.
tgrs , Scythe94 , cooney and I rounded out the top 10.

DT score v Head to Head score
Our midfield did well again, with p4p1 , moginie , Wosh and cats2rise all winning their positions, but our forward line was the big difference between the two teams. DERO had yet another huge game , tgrs dominated at Centre Half Forward, and cooney got a lot of it on his flank.
cartwright and Yakker also had great games in defence.

Goals
DERO was the star up forward, finishing with 4 from the flank. tgrs nd Bluelegs also had good days in front of goal, finishing with 3 each. I kicked 5 from full forward and cooney kicked 2. Yakker provided a couple of highlights, drifting forward from the backline to kick 2.

Other Stats
Others featured in the top 5 categories include Azarole and Truetiger who had 3 and 2 tackles respectively, with both rewarded by the umpires for their efforts.

R5 Weekly Stats.JPG

Posting
Although the total number of Demons posts was the second lowest of the season in Round 5, we had an equal season-high 21 posters, finishing with over 60% of the match thread posting against the Royals.
Gralin finished with twice as many posts as the next highest Demon, finishing with 107. Wosh , cats2rise and I all finished in the low 50s. The Demons were very consistent with moginie , tgrs , Headless and Scythe94 all over 30, Yakker in the 20s and cooney the highest of 5 others who all finished with double figures.

The Demons midfield had another big game with moginie scoring his fourth score of 110+ in a row, well supported by Wosh , cats2rise , p4p1 and Gralin once again.
tgrs and DERO were prominent up forward again and Van_Dyke and Truetiger got a lot of it in defence. Yakker absolutely dominated aginst his direct opponent with a head to head score of 113.
Headless prevailed BIG TIME after coming on from the interchange, topping the head to head scores in a dominant performance.

Goals
It was a ral team effort in front of goals this week. DERO and tgrs continued their goal kicking form, anding with 3 each along with myself and sante from his pocket.
moginie and Wosh kicked 2 each from the midfield.

Other Stats
The unpires were nice to cartwright
the umpires were not so nice to jmoo wan

R5 Season Stats.JPG

Posting
Gralin and Wosh lead the posting up to Round 5, averaging just over or just under 100 posts per game. cats2rise , Headless and moginie also feature highly, all over 300 posts for the season.
tgrs and Scythe94 both average in the 30s and p4p1 has had a great start to his SFA career, posting over 20 times per match. cooney rouds out the top 10 with an average around 15.

moginie is having a huge season on the ball, absolutely dominating his opponents over the past month. p4p1 , Wosh and cats2rise are well up on their direct opponents and Gralin and Scythe94 have found a lot of the ball in several good contests against their opponents.
If there's one Demon player who has come close to the levels of dominance Mogs has reached, it's DERO . Not only is he in our top 5 DT, but he's also second in goal kicking with 13 and second in head to head scores with a very impressive 582, meaning he's scored 165 DT more than his direct opponents.
Our Key forwards feature in the head to head leaderboard with tgrs especially winning his position comfortably at Centre Half Forward.
Van_Dyke and cartwright have been good in defence.

Goals
I'm averaging just over 4 goals and sitting 3rd overall, but 11 goals behind the leader at this stage of the season. DERO and moginie 's dominance in their positions is highlighted by the number of goals they've kicked so far, even outscoring sante and Bluelegs who have been good in the pockets.

Other Stats...
Yakker has a very high tackle cound for a defender.
cartwright and jmoo wan need to be less abusive to the umpires. They're clearly not being treated favourably. At least cartwright wins the occasional free kick.
Although Hit Outs are not featured in the tables, cats2rise is leading the SFA in that statistic and leading all rucks in DT as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is pleasant, like a soft kiss in a dewy meadow.
I'd say it's like a dusting of flour over a rising dough.

Iā€™ll show you whatā€™s coming out of my breadmaker in 4 hours šŸ¤—
Pleeeeeease tell me you will score the dough or flour dust with M95.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons Season 38 Team Thread | The Brrrrr-illiant Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back