Murphy v Swallow next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will be a great battle between 2 of the 05 draft group that have really made an impact on the comp. Even though they are about 42 places different from the draft, I don't think the gap is anywhere near that.

Will be a great battle between 2 of the 05 draft group that have really made an impact on the comp. Even though they are about 42 places different from the draft, I don't think the gap is anywhere near that.

Ye your right, its alot more.

Mate, Swallow is nowhere near Murphy

Nowhere near him??

Of course he is near him.

The kid got 13 contested possessions and 10 clearnces amongst his 24 last night and kicked a goal. Should me how many 19 year olds have done that within their first 20 games. He is also top 25 in the league in tackles.

Murphy is class and everyone would take him over Swallow, but as Moti suggested the gap is nowhere near what their draft positions would indicate.

Be good to see them going at it.

Is this a Murphy > Swallow thread? Coz if so I vote Murphy.

another vote for murph.
about 1,000 times the player swallow is atm.
picking out one good game is like me saying i watched birch get 30odd touches last year against geelong so birch is one of the best players in the league.
or like saying andrew walker and jarred brennan and top class players coz of their 1st games. laughable.

Hang on, this wasn't meant to be a thread about comparing the two at the moment because Murphy has had a great start to his career but this year he only averages and extra 4 possies a game while Swallow averages 2 more tackles.

Anyone saying the Swallow is miles behind him has seriously got a screw loose. Murphy is ahead, no question at the moment, and he uses the ball better, but Swallow is fast becoming one of the best contested players in the comp and would be a better clearance player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a good player really like the look of him.

But murphy is in a class of his own compared to the rest of that draft

Since my last post was deleted for some reason, I'll try again a little more subtly.

Murphy is a good player but "in a class of his own"??? absolute and utter crap. At least he has some stones, unlike Bryce Squibbs but he's not as good as he's painted to be by delirious and desperate carlton fans,

Swallow is not as good as Murphy ATM but is gaining and will be a very good player in his own right.

And for those who can't help but have a dig at Pendlebury and Thomas......get over it.:rolleyes: Both are pure class. Even ex Carlton coach David Parkin was cracking a woody over Daisy today on Foxtel.

Since my last post was deleted for some reason, I'll try again a little more subtly.

Murphy is a good player but "in a class of his own"??? absolute and utter crap. At least he has some stones, unlike Bryce Squibbs but he's not as good as he's painted to be by delirious and desperate carlton fans,

Swallow is not as good as Murphy ATM but is gaining and will be a very good player in his own right.

And for those who can't help but have a dig at Pendlebury and Thomas......get over it.:rolleyes: Both are pure class. Even ex Carlton coach David Parkin was cracking a woody over Daisy today on Foxtel.
He's showing more accountability and skill than Thomas and Pendlebury did in their first year.

Collingwood need to teach Thomas to go for the ball with both hands so he doesn't squib a contest in heavy traffic and get pinged for holding the ball. ;) :cool:

This will be a very good contest. Swallow is in very good form currently, so ld be quite interesting to watch (and no, I'm not saying Swallow is a better player. Just that he's finding a lot of the footy currently)

Murphy is a very good young player and probably 'better' than Spits on a number of measures but next week I think Andrew will be on the winning side having made a very important contribution.

Geez, the Blue baggers are a bit defensive tonight.

Hey idiots, this isn't a a comparison thread so chill.

Still a good player really like the look of him.

But murphy is in a class of his own compared to the rest of that draft

It's a good thing that old Tommy Wills decided a game of football should be decided by a point scoring system rather than reputation of players or the draft pick at which they were selected. :p

He's showing more accountability and skill than Thomas and Pendlebury did in their first year.

Collingwood need to teach Thomas to go for the ball with both hands so he doesn't squib a contest in heavy traffic and get pinged for holding the ball. ;) :cool:

I think Collingwood and Mick Malthouse know what they are doing.

It's a good thing that old Tommy Wills decided a game of football should be decided by a point scoring system rather than reputation of players or the draft pick at which they were selected. :p

hahaha guess thats true.:p

Swallow will be a gun, i said that.

But murph ( this why he was the no 1 pick ) will be the best out of that draft.

Dont worry about our boys, they're going along just nicely at the minute ;)
Also good to see your superstar Andrew Walker getting the big job on Dale today :p

I think Collingwood and Mick Malthouse know what they are doing.
Which means it's OK to not put your body over the ball?
Dont worry about our boys, they're going along just nicely at the minute ;)
Also good to see your superstar Andrew Walker getting the big job on Dale today :p
I wouldn't select Dale Thomas ahead of Walker in the same draft in a month of Sundays.

Pagan has no idea.

Thomas squibbed that contest because he's a front runner and a Houlihan. ;)

Which means it's OK to not put your body over the ball?

I wouldn't select Dale Thomas ahead of Walker in the same draft in a month of Sundays.

Pagan has no idea.

Thomas squibbed that contest because he's a front runner and a Houlihan. ;)

I'm sure you are part of a very small minority that would take Andrew Walker ahead of Dale Thomas. Walker didn't contribute anything and turned it over several times today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy v Swallow next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back