USACats

Debutant
Mar 31, 2011
USA
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Bears
I like the retro shirts the club (and the AFL) is pushing on their website, minus the distressed part. I'm not sure why someone would buy a shirt that already looks wrecked, but that's your preference. Plus, I think the total cost of having one of those retro shirts mailed to the US would end up costing me somewhere around $65USD.

Instead, I've got an in with a shirt maker, so I shot him the old logo and told him to go with it on a baby-blue shirt. I'm liking the mock-up he just emailed me. Looking forward to getting this one printed off and wearing it this weekend. $15 compared to $65. DONE.

Geelongteepreview.jpg

If you could get one done with the original cat that went with that shield i'd pay good dollars for it :D

Geelong-logo-1980.gif

Thought about doing that one instead too. Might grab the 70's logo in a few weeks. I have coozies with the old logo on it laying around.

If you could get one done with the original cat that went with that shield i'd pay good dollars for it :D

Geelong-logo-1980.gif

Hey krisholio14, this version of that style logo actually came first.....

Geelong-logo-1976.gif

.....This one was used 1977-1979 (your version was 1980-1982.)

At that time; every VFL Clubs' logo had the top of the shield in royal blue, regardless of the Clubs' other colours.

I think it looks cooler and even more retro. :)

Source: http://www.footyjumpers.com/ (Club by Club Jumpers) (Accessed: 10 May 2011)

Love that logo USAcat- will always be my fav.

I think the only thing I have with that logo on it is one scarf!! Needless to say, I'll never throw that scarf out. :):thumbsu:

I liked most of those VFL/AFL shields. Of course, ours was my favorite, and I agree, that is still my favorite logo we've ever had. Richmond's shield was BRUTAL back then. Looked like some Egyptian cave drawing.
Richmond-logo-1989.gif

I like the retro shirts the club (and the AFL) is pushing on their website, minus the distressed part. I'm not sure why someone would buy a shirt that already looks wrecked, but that's your preference. Plus, I think the total cost of having one of those retro shirts mailed to the US would end up costing me somewhere around $65USD.

Instead, I've got an in with a shirt maker, so I shot him the old logo and told him to go with it on a baby-blue shirt. I'm liking the mock-up he just emailed me. Looking forward to getting this one printed off and wearing it this weekend. $15 compared to $65. DONE.

Geelongteepreview.jpg

Its awesome, so when are you taking orders?

Remove this Banner Ad

My new Cats shirt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back