News NAB Challenge: Carlton v Adel - Visy Park Fri 4/3 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the reason the AFL scheduled the match at Princes Park for a friday was to avoid getting a massive crowd there and setting up our play for being the genuine third ground for the meaningless AFL regular season matches against low quality regional AFL sides that would only get a crowd of about 20k into the Jihad stadium.

At least if Carlton games were played at our spiritual home against teams like GC17 and the wimps come east and Port, we would fill the stadium and we would be able to clear our debt reasonably easy.

By setting the match against Adelaide on a Friday afternoon, they can be assured of a smaller crowd that they can turn around and say but you guys only got in 10k people for one of your "home" matches and it isnt worth it to the AFL to have games there.

If I remember correctly, we lost by 1 point and we were terrible.

Looking forward to seeing the boys in action for the first time this year :thumbsu:

Was it really only 1 point? Geez it felt like we were comprehensively outplayed, maybe it was because I expected us to win easily with the senior players that they were missing.

I shall leave the mountain for that.

1584898.jpg

Was it really only 1 point? Geez it felt like we were comprehensively outplayed, maybe it was because I expected us to win easily with the senior players that they were missing.

I thought the same thing and I was quite shocked with the result. We should have smashed them with the side we had in but same story.... NAB Challenge so you don't know what the plan is....

It was 5AA, the blokes that blew their load every time Tippett went near the ball :eek:
LOL I remember sitting in front of the commentary panel during the pre-season game last year.

They were likening Tippet to a young Kernahan for the entire match.

I'll be there again on Friday - and I'll be lighting a flair once again.

Why a Friday? Don't they realise people have jobs?
Spot on.
Rules out myself and bear the junior. :(

WTF is wrong with Sat arvo? Would have tripled their crowd. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

friday arvo games are good, drop in after work for the first bounce and good way to start the weekend. Usually finish work at 4 but will take a short lunch to get there in time.

I wouldnt go in if it was a saturday as i couldnt be bothered driving in for a meaningless practice match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back