News NAB Challenge: Carlton v Adel - Visy Park Fri 4/3 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess Austin didn't train on Monday. Some players just aren't physically cut out for the AFL. Almost our Gumbleton in terms of injuries and what he'd add to our structure.

Club must know that the writing is on the wall for Austin, given they went out and drafted Watson and McCarthy. Such a shame, a real quality player is Aussie.

Disappointed Lachie didn't quite get up for this game. Really hoping he can make it back for the final game, and perhaps half a game for the Bullants prior to round 1.

Adelaide's squad

ADELAIDE

1. Richard Tambling :eek: 3. Brent Reilly, 4. Kurt Tippett, 5. Scott Thompson 6. Jack Gunston, 9. Rory Sloane, 10. Matthew Jaensch, 11. Michael Doughty, 12. Daniel Talia, 13. Taylor Walker, 14. David Mackay, 15. Brad Symes, 16. Phil Davis, 17. Bernie Vince, 18. Graham Johncock, 20. Ivan Maric, 21. Chris Knights, 22. Andrew Otten, 25. Ben Rutten, 26. Richard Douglas, 27. Scott Stevens, 29. James Sellar, 32. Patrick Dangerfield, 33. Brodie Smith, 35. Shaun McKernan, 36. Brodie Martin, 37. Ian Callinan, 40. Jason Porplyzia, 45. Ricky Henderson

Adelaide's squad

ADELAIDE

1. Richard Tambling :eek: 3. Brent Reilly, 4. Kurt Tippett, 5. Scott Thompson 6. Jack Gunston, 9. Rory Sloane, 10. Matthew Jaensch, 11. Michael Doughty, 12. Daniel Talia, 13. Taylor Walker, 14. David Mackay, 15. Brad Symes, 16. Phil Davis, 17. Bernie Vince, 18. Graham Johncock, 20. Ivan Maric, 21. Chris Knights, 22. Andrew Otten, 25. Ben Rutten, 26. Richard Douglas, 27. Scott Stevens, 29. James Sellar, 32. Patrick Dangerfield, 33. Brodie Smith, 35. Shaun McKernan, 36. Brodie Martin, 37. Ian Callinan, 40. Jason Porplyzia, 45. Ricky Henderson
I wonder if some Carlton supporters will cheer for Daniel Talia when he gets a touch.

Team just up on AFL.com.au:

CARLTON
1. Andrew Walker,
2. Jordan Russell,
3. Marc Murphy,
4. Bryce Gibbs,
5. Chris Judd,
6. Kade Simpson,
9. Kane Lucas,
11. Rob Warnock,
12. Mitch Robinson,
13. Chris Yarran,
15. Jeremy Laidler,
16. Andrew Collins,
18. Paul Bower,
19. Eddie Betts,
22. Shaun Hampson,
27. Dennis Armfield,
29. Heath Scotland,
30. Jarrad Waite,
31. Marcus Davies,
32. Bret Thornton,
34. Nick Duigan,
35. Edward Curnow,
38. Jeffrey Garlett,
39. Wayde Twomey,
40. Michael Jamison,
41. Levi Casboult,
43. Simon White,
45. Aaron Joseph,
46. David Ellard

Welcome back Simon White~!
No Hendo...
So no

Kreuzer*
Watson**
McLean*
O'hAilpin
ROK
Austin**
Hendo*
McCarthy
Mitchell
McInnes
Cachia
Houla*
Dare
Kerr
Carrazzo*
Touhy**
Carter
Bray

*Best 22
*A case for best 22

I see only really 5 player that can be considered best 22 not playing, and they are all due to injury or recovery... so that is our strongest possible line up... good to see

I wonder if some Carlton supporters will cheer for Daniel Talia when he gets a touch.
Carlton should tag Talia.
I see only really 5 player that can be considered best 22 not playing, and they are all due to injury or recovery... so that is our strongest possible line up... good to see
It isn't a good thing that Mclean, Henderson, O'hAilpin, Kreuzer, Carrazzo and Austin are unavailable for our first competitive hitout. We're just three weeks out from round one, yet two of our KPF won't be playing. We need to put our slow starts behind us and come out with all guns blazing.

Carlton should tag Talia.

It isn't a good thing that Mclean, Henderson, O'hAilpin, Kreuzer, Carrazzo and Austin are unavailable for our first competitive hitout. We're just three weeks out from round one, yet two of our KPF won't be playing. We need to put our slow starts behind us and come out with all guns blazing.

Watched round one the last couple of years?

Two pretty strong teams on the park. We've got nearly every one of our best 22 in the squad except for Van Berlo and Jacobs.

Admittedly a couple of players will be underdone (and as such it's also possible that Vince and Stevens won't play) but the standard should be rather high I'm thinking.

I'll be at the game on Friday, looking forward to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see us fielding our strongest possible line up... not that we have injury or underdone players...

This will be the closest game to a full squad we get to see and after a long pre-season, it is good to see...

Daniel Talia and Jason Porplyzia pulled up sore from training and have been pulled from the squad for a rest. Luke Thompson and Brad Moran will replace them.
Also 5aa are covering the game for those that can't see the game. Remember they are catering for Adelaide fans, so they are biased in there call. If that doen't bother you, then tune in. You were warned ;):D

Adelaide's squad

ADELAIDE

Looks pretty full strength. .. should be a good hit out. .. Every time I try to think of who is missing I scan the list and find them. ..

Missing McLeod, Goodwin and Edwards.

True. .. Although Edwards was dropped. .. ;)

I assume we're resting Watson, so we don't over do it with him. .. Hope he gets back on the park prior to round 1, plenty of time though. .. Surprising that Austin is out, he really needs to step up this season, otherwise he wont likely get another. ..

Looks pretty full strength. .. should be a good hit out. .. Every time I try to think of who is missing I scan the list and find them. ..
I reckon we'll treat it like last pre-season and exaggerate the things we're working on and because of that they'll probably get over us but the result doesn't matter. Last pre-season it was maintaining possession of the ball and it drove everyone spare and had everyone worried about how we were gonna play, this pre-season we'll probably overdo the defensive press or bringing the ball up the sides of the ground like what was reportedly done against GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back