NAB Cup Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

000940951.jpg

______

After tonight, we'll be seeing Ball, Armitage and Cloke in few teams.
I think you would have to be a complete noob or on the shards if you were to pick Cloke in your team

People get suckered in by him every year. He always looks good in PS, ready to break out...

Oh and that pic is freaky. What is it?

Lyon won't shut up about Armitage. Did you listen to his post-match interview?

Armitage will be one of the Saints best players this year, and will get 22 games under Lyon... to bad there is a big difference (that i can't afford) between him and Masten.

Lyon hates his disposal? Bloody hell, he was PRAISING it post match.

Armitage will be one of the Saints best players this year, and will get 22 games under Lyon... to bad there is a big difference (that i can't afford) between him and Masten.

Yeah, because Ross Lyon is really going to say "Armitage is a crap play unfortunately, can't kick for shit."

He had 58% KE tonight and in his 3 games last year he had 60%. So I highly doubt that Lyon actually thinks his a great kick.

Damn.
After that I had to swap Ward out and bring in Armitage.
Not that Ward has showed some poor signs, but he was the weekest link at a similar value.

Might need to find a way to sneak Ward back in.

When/where did Ross Lyon say anything about Armitage?
He wasn't even at the game. Leigh Tudor did the coaching.

Jesus champ, settle down, it's just the internet after all

When/where did Ross Lyon say anything about Armitage?
He wasn't even at the game. Leigh Tudor did the coaching.

So the senior coach of StKilda didn't attend the game!:rolleyes:

Maybe he was at Lovett's place watching it on TV hey.

Lyon hates his disposal? Bloody hell, he was PRAISING it post match

I didn't watch the game at time of posting but I'd listened to it on SEN. The callers there were saying that Armitage had a good game but that his disposal efficiency was poor.

I've gathered by now that Lyon wants a specific kind of player in his 22 and he's not afraid to go after them at the expense of players he doesn't like. eg. Ball not getting a lot of game time but Clint Jones drafted as a mature ager etc. etc.

Hence, I wanted to make sure Armitage wasn't a player Lyon disliked. I've taken note that Armitage only played 3 games last year but dominated at VFL level. That's a little strange, especially since he got enough ball in those 3 games.

Overall, it's just food for thought....********. ;)

Armitage was very good tonight.

He butchered the ball early but his disposal improved significantly as the game went on. I would rate him a good chance of playing 22 this year, however tonight's score included 7 tackles and the absence of Dal Santo and Hayes. Will definitely increase in price.

So the senior coach of StKilda didn't attend the game!:rolleyes:

Maybe he was at Lovett's place watching it on TV hey.

I was listening to it on the radio.
It was delayed on tv so I only watched some of the second quarter (which was at half time) and watched the last 10 or so minutes (once the game had finished). I didnt stick around for the post game stuff, so obviously I missed it.

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Armitages price, you would want him to be a keeper and average around 90-95 if you are looking to get value for money IMO. Furthermore, to be a keeper you need to be playing games - is he a lock for 22 games? Is he durable?

Can people really see him doing these two things? Thats the question.

Armitage is one I'd probably stay away from personally. I had him in my first side at 5am the day DT 2010 opened but once I had a more clear minded look, he was soon dropped and after more thought I cant see enough good reason to get him in.
Sure the potential is there but IMO the risk far outweighs the reward like Lakey said at that price you don't really want to be trading him and I can't see him sustaining a whole season at an average above 90 let alone getting selected for all those 22 games. Like it or not Ross Lyon is a complete tool and I can't see that changing either.
There are a few more I'd look at over him for slighlty cheaper in the high 200k's that are just as capable but with a lot higher job security and more likely to be a hit than a miss in selecting.
Besides the midfield is where the most value is this year IMO and I myself will be looking at having a couple of rookies starting in the middle as the starting rookie options elsewhere are less obvious. Even if he was a viable option I reckon it would be a struggle to fit him in.

I was listening to it on the radio.
It was delayed on tv so I only watched some of the second quarter (which was at half time) and watched the last 10 or so minutes (once the game had finished). I didnt stick around for the post game stuff, so obviously I missed it.

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

What, like the conclusion you drew to Ross Lyon not being at the football:confused:

What, like the conclusion you drew to Ross Lyon not being at the football:confused:
Considering he wasn't mentioned in the broadcast and that Leigh Tudor was in the coaches box and took the press conference, I think that would be a pretty good conclusion to draw. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should be more of a conspiracy theorist...

Anyone rate Paul Medhurst's game last night? Seemed that once the Pies got going in the second half, he was playing well. I didn't catch the first half of the game

Considering he wasn't mentioned in the broadcast and that Leigh Tudor was in the coaches box and took the press conference, I think that would be a pretty good conclusion to draw. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should be more of a conspiracy theorist...

He is their head coach, of course he would be there.

Armitage was in my first team, still is. If i recall, he averaged 90+ in the three games he played last year, there's promise but Im not sure he'll make the cut. Job security is the big one but if Lyon rates him, he'll have to play him soon or Armitage will want a trade.

People get suckered in by him every year. He always looks good in PS, ready to break out...

It'll be the opposite this year, all the pro DT'ers will stay away, the n00bs will take him and he'll average 90+.

Oh and that pic is freaky. What is it?

I don't know, but I think it accurately captured footycools disappointment.

Someone up above mentioned it, and it was a very good point.

I wouldn't make a judgement on Armitage until St Kilda has their full midfield line up. If Armitage is Ball's alleged replacement, why will he suddenly have a dramatic increase in TOG? (If i recall it was under/around 50% for Ball)

Even if you add on a bit for Ball's lack of fitness/physical condition, you're not going to be getting premium scores from someone who could be playing only 2/3rds of the game.

Someone up above mentioned it, and it was a very good point.

I wouldn't make a judgement on Armitage until St Kilda has their full midfield line up. If Armitage is Ball's alleged replacement, why will he suddenly have a dramatic increase in TOG? (If i recall it was under/around 50% for Ball)

Even if you add on a bit for Ball's lack of fitness/physical condition, you're not going to be getting premium scores from someone who could be playing only 2/3rds of the game.

He's a tackling machine tho, even if he doesn't find the ball much (18 disposals) he still has the potential to get 100 due to all the tackles.

In the previous years, Armitage hasn't been in the teams plans and was just a replacement if people went down. However this year, being a regular he shuld fit in nicely with the midfield.

At Armitages price, you would want him to be a keeper and average around 90-95 if you are looking to get value for money IMO. Furthermore, to be a keeper you need to be playing games - is he a lock for 22 games? Is he durable?

Can people really see him doing these two things? Thats the question.
Spot on. It looked like he played a Hayes role last night, which is where all the possies are racked up. With his disposal effiency I doubt he will play that role when you have someone on your team who can play the role better and has excellent accuracy.
I do hope everyone hops on him like that hoped on Nic-Nat, just so I have more chance of winning the car ;)

Anyone rate Paul Medhurst's game last night? Seemed that once the Pies got going in the second half, he was playing well. I didn't catch the first half of the game
You could tell that Medders is back to 100% fit. He did some nice things in the first half but just couldn't get the ball as the delivery was crap and we were getting smashed. As you said, he got going in the second half scoring 43 points. He did have a young kid playing on him though, Miles I think it was. But Medders at 100% is certainly in my team.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back