Name Jack Watts 'Illness'

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have some good players, but the majority are dead wood. I mean hasn't Paul "one handball" Johnson been your first choice ruckman lately?

If you're being serious, we've only had PJ in that role because both our other first-choice ruckmen were injured. He isn't in the team this weekend.

And yes, we do have a fair amount of dead wood amongst our older players, but I hope we'll have a lot less of a problem in this area next year.

Jamar is in.

Vs Naita.

Naita for BoG honours :p

I hope for your sake you're kidding there Mario... we've comprehensively dominated the hitouts every time Jamar's been in the side this year!

If we didn't have the injury problems we've had in our ruck division, I don't think we'd need much backup in that department.

So I made a mistake.
Not the first one either. :thumbsu:

At least it didn't cost my club a premiership like mistakes will continually cost your club premierships.
What are you talking about sunshine? You really have no idea do you?

ZOMGZZ BEN COUSINS TOOK DRUGZZ WEST COKEZERZ WILL NOT WIN FLAG TILL 2093!!onethousandandelevenpointoneone!!!!!!!!!!one!one!!!! EVEN THEN ITZ TAINTED COZ BENZ GHOZT WILL HAUNT TEH SUBIZ OVAL AND SUPPLY NEW PLAYERZ WIV TEH DRUGZ!!!!!!snortwhiteline!!!!eleven!!!!

Get back in the wood work for another 30 years you muppet.

This makes no sense. Are you implying we haven't won a flag for 30 years? Or are you talking about Melbourne? Because if you are you are wrong, it has been 50 years.

And yes, we do have a fair amount of dead wood amongst our older players, but I hope we'll have a lot less of a problem in this area next year.

That's what Freo said last year and the year before.

It takes time. Freo are in trouble, but they may just get out of it. You are 2 years behind them. You'd be fine if GC weren't coming in.

I feel sorry for you and Sydney. :eek:

I hope for your sake you're kidding there Mario... we've comprehensively dominated the hitouts every time Jamar's been in the side this year!

If we didn't have the injury problems we've had in our ruck division, I don't think we'd need much backup in that department.

So you think Jamar will beat Naita in the ruck and around the ground.

Naita >> Robert Campbell >> Paul "one handball" Johnson" >>> Jamar

That's what Freo said last year and the year before.

It takes time. Freo are in trouble, but they may just get out of it. You are 2 years behind them. You'd be fine if GC weren't coming in.

I feel sorry for you and Sydney. :eek:

Responding seriously here, I'd say we're at least a couple of years ahead of Sydney on that score. The only real problem areas are our midfield & our forward line, but I don't think we'll need more than next year's draft to ensure we sort those problems out as our young players develop.

As for Freo, well, we'll have to see who's able to fill Pavlich's shoes in that side, amongst others, I'd say - there's still a huge burden on Pav in that team.

If we had a fully-developed KPP like him in our lineup, I'd say we'd definitely be chalking up more wins this year.

Although, if we hadn't had the injury problems we had earlier in the year, I reckon we'd have beaten your mob at Subiaco, and got over the top of the Bulldogs & Adelaide in those close games too.

Those WCE and Adelaide games in particular, we went into with, amongst other holes in the squad caused by injury, a practically non-existent forward line from what I remember, no Robbo, no Green, not much of anything up forward really, and yet we still got close.

PS- Hey Juddy, good on you for that post on the Demons board about Jimmy, and on the main board thread too. Much appreciated.

Yes, but you haven't versed NAITANUI! before ;)

300+ pages of Melgorne supporters trying to defend the biggest draft blunder since 'Tambling Gate'. Priceless.

Why don't you put this thread away and then bring it back up in 5 years when he has had a chance to build up and develop a bit. Well actually I already know the answer to that, it is because you won't be able to do it in 5 years time when he is an absolute superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

300+ pages of Melgorne supporters trying to defend the biggest draft blunder since 'Tambling Gate'. Priceless.
Classic stuff this thread.

Watts seems destined to go down with Fiora and Tambling as losers who were inexplicably drafted ahead of superstars. And like the other two he seems no more than a weedy unco who feasts on meals of celery and crutons after bench pressing 11 kilos.

Why don't you put this thread away and then bring it back up in 5 years when he has had a chance to build up and develop a bit. Well actually I already know the answer to that, it is because you won't be able to do it in 5 years time when he is an absolute superstar.

Wait.. let me guess.. being an early pick ensures a player becomes a superstar. :rolleyes:

FWIW i think Watts should go on to be a very good player.

However i constantly hear WannamakelovetoWatts33 claiming that at the same stage Watts has performed better than Franklin, Riewoldt and Brown.

Jsut remember Tom Hawkins averaged 8.5 disposals, 5.5 marks and 3.5 goals in his first two games.

2 Reasons - 1. Melgorne will have been placed into receivership , 2. watts will be traded to the Bulldogs for a 2 or 3rd round pick.

Wait.. let me guess.. being an early pick ensures a player becomes a superstar. :rolleyes:

FWIW i think Watts should go on to be a very good player.

However i constantly hear WannamakelovetoWatts33 claiming that at the same stage Watts has performed better than Franklin, Riewoldt and Brown.

Jsut remember Tom Hawkins averaged 8.5 disposals, 5.5 marks and 3.5 goals in his first two games.

Well those stats comparing him to Franklin, Riewoldt and Brown just show how stupid the argument is that Watts is a spud (after 3 poor games).

Being an early pick doesn't make you a superstar it is hard work, dedication and talent that will decide that. Jack has those three attributes in spades.

2 Reasons - 1. Melgorne will have been placed into receivership , 2. watts will be traded to the Bulldogs for a 2 or 3rd round pick.

1. We are back on track financially thanks to Jimmy. We recorded a record number of members again this year.

2. Thanks for the tip Nostradamus

Well those stats comparing him to Franklin, Riewoldt and Brown just show how stupid the argument is that Watts is a spud (after 3 poor games).

Being an early pick doesn't make you a superstar it is hard work, dedication and talent that will decide that. Jack has those three attributes in spades.

Time will tell.

No, the truth isn't always funny. Just like in the statement West Coast are a bad footy team. I don't consider that to be funny, it is just the truth.

West Coast are a bad footy team... despite winning 3 flags in the last 17 seasons and one as recently as 2006... made the finals for 6 seasons in a row this decade... playing a group of kids who just knocked off the reigning premier (ok that might not be a big achievement in itself but you get the idea)..

If West Coast are a bad footy team what does that make Melbourne? I don't think the term 'absolutely shithouse' even starts to describe your rabble.

The funniest part is that you think Watts and Scully will magically lift your rabble off the bottom of the ladder. :eek:

The funniest part is that you think Watts and Scully will magically lift your rabble off the bottom of the ladder. :eek:
Melbourne = poor mans ********.

Stockpiling handouts, wasting the picks and expecting that everything will be fine. Carltank at least has money.

Time will tell.

West Coast are a bad footy team... despite winning 3 flags in the last 17 seasons and one as recently as 2006... made the finals for 6 seasons in a row this decade... playing a group of kids who just knocked off the reigning premier (ok that might not be a big achievement in itself but you get the idea)..

If West Coast are a bad footy team what does that make Melbourne? I don't think the term 'absolutely shithouse' even starts to describe your rabble.

I am not talking about past seasons, I am talking about the present. In reality you are 4-9 and you only beat us ( who are worse than 'absolutely shithouse' in your opinion) by 8 points in Subi.

Scully doesn't play for the Demons mate. It is Grimes, Watts, Bennel, Sylvia, Bate, Frawley, Garland, Blease and co. And it won't be magic it will be a lot of hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back