Nathan Buckley says no to North Melbourne - Mike Sheahan (Breaking News)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be too worried about the fact that Buckley said no.
I think (hope) he will say the same to Richmond.
I have never understood the love affair with Buckley and now that MM has re-signed with Collingwood I hope Buckley signs on as an asistant.
There would have been some serious upside (membership/club profile) but at the end of the day he is an untried coach.
Good luck with your impending search for a new coach.
With a bit of luck you will find a good fit and play plenty of finals under your new coach as we will at Tigerland.
My one wish would be a finals series in 3-4 years time with either the Tigers or the Roos to beat Collingwood in a grand final. :thumbsu:
Now that would be poetic justice for the egomaniac Buckley.:D

At the end of the day, I think, all he wants to do is stay at Collingwood. Simple as that, really.

I'd rather a coach who's 100% committed to one who's 90% committed but does improve the upside which Tiger67 mentioned.

Hope you find the right coach for your club, guys. I think you should be more happy than disappointed in the decision.

At the end of the day, I think, all he wants to do is stay at Collingwood. Simple as that, really.

I'd rather a coach who's 100% committed to one who's 90% committed but does improve the upside which Tiger67 mentioned.

Hope you find the right coach for your club, guys. I think you should be more happy than disappointed in the decision.

cheers mate, I think we'll both be better off. He doesn't really come across as having the desire to be a senior coach.

cheers mate, I think we'll both be better off. He doesn't really come across as having the desire to be a senior coach.

I agree that he never wanted to Coach Richmond or the Roos, or anyone else for.
He has been very smart in the way he has talked up his own worth and I would be surprised if he ever intended going anywhere other than Collingwood.
It was all about making Collingwood pay way over market value and making them believe that to gain his services they needed to pay massive dollars
My guess is he will be the highest paid assistant coach there has ever been.
Once a dollar prostitue always a dollar prostitute .
It was all about money when he went to the Pies in the first place.
I hope he fails brilliantly.

I agree that he never wanted to Coach Richmond or the Roos, or anyone else for.
He has been very smart in the way he has talked up his own worth and I would be surprised if he ever intended going anywhere other than Collingwood.
It was all about making Collingwood pay way over market value and making them believe that to gain his services they needed to pay massive dollars
My guess is he will be the highest paid assistant coach there has ever been.
Once a dollar prostitue always a dollar prostitute .
It was all about money when he went to the Pies in the first place.
I hope he fails brilliantly.

he was definetly looking at coaching north, was only decided yesterday that he chose collingwood. North are not too happy today, but shit happens, and the club will move on

Re: Herald Sun says Buckley says no

Bad luck Gents....if true.
Meh, I'm glad the whole circus is over. I haven't commented much about it on here but I wasn't overly keen on him anyway, and the way it was drawing out had me even more nahhh.
Not a great day with Simpson going too.
I'm shittier about that to be honest.

Jeebus, this thread saw a few red cards.

lol
Way to spread your wings, Nath. Must be warm under Mick's fatherly embrace.
Yeah, weak as pish. It makes one think he probably hasn't got the heart to make a quality senior coach anyway. It's a job for individualists; mavericks.

Figgy has demonstrated by this move he likes the armchair ride.

Look I agree that ultimately we have to be happy that the process has flushed out a pretender to the throne. He didn't have what it takes to leave Collingwood and become something special elsewhere. Between the North aggressive process and the Richmond slow burn, his commitment was put to the sword. Both Richmond and North have an answer that saves months if not years of anguish.

And yet, had we awoken this morning to news that Bucks had officially signed the dotted line with us, you would be hailing it as the greatest get this club had landed since Carey.

Odd.

But that would have meant he is a bloke capable of a bold decision and can stand on his own two feet.
What actually did happen proves he is not that bloke. Simple really.

Gee there is a lot of tiger blood in this thread.... red cards galore! It's a pretty lonely place on our board at the moment. Can't the mods reverse their decisions? The tiger mods were much more lenient on our boards.

Come on guys! Have a sense of humour!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's been a Tiger poster-led gagfest. No doubt about it.

I blame Twinkletoes. Sent me this weird jetlagged PM last night about wanting to "make up for a month of not being able to ban anyone". I think I recall the phrase "every motherf***ing last one of you" being employed.

Dude really needs some sleep.

Gee there is a lot of tiger blood in this thread.... red cards galore! It's a pretty lonely place on our board at the moment. Can't the mods reverse their decisions? The tiger mods were much more lenient on our boards.

Come on guys! Have a sense of humour!

I second that!

There's only little that the mods can take. Don't worry, this board is filled with comedians(even a semi-famous one) but sometimes it is taken too far and your mates got what they deserved. BTW, you do know posts are removed or edited which you can't see?

Yeah, it's been a Tiger poster-led gagfest. No doubt about it.

I blame Twinkletoes. Sent me this weird jetlagged PM last night about wanting to "make up for a month of not being able to ban anyone". I think I recall the phrase "every motherf***ing last one of you" being employed.

Dude really needs some sleep.

True that. I've been outed. I blame the sleeping pills washed down with Red Bull..........it does funny things to a person's brain!! (don't anyone try that!!!!!!!!! It's got a few NRL players in trouble recently!)

Il be honest. Im shattered. More so to the fact of what Bucks would of brought to the club. More to the fact it would give us something short term to be excited about. More so we could stick it up the Pies. BUT.
Out of all the promise Bucks had im not gonna come out and say good on him for choosing Collingwood and chasing the dream of winning a flag with the pies when i wanted him to choose us.

Being our head coach would of been a bold move for him. A challenge of taking a fresh list to success. **** even Caro and Robert Walls knew this.

The fact Bucks chickened out-went back home to mum Eddie-put his mentor and excoach and now competition in Mick Malthouse in a crap position outweighs what others see-doing an apprenticeship-money-the glory of leading Collingwood to a flag hes yet to reach.

Everyone knows in 2011 Collingwoods best players in Swan, Didak, Davis, Lockyer, Medhurst and Frasier will be past it.
Norths best in Wells, JWS, Ziebell, Anthony, Swallow and McIntosh will be peaking. I presume.

So the fact Bucks came out and said he wanted to move away from Colligwood, he wanted to go elsewhere, learn elsewhere, coach elsewhere, that Mick has taught him everything, that Collingwood wasnt a choice and then take a job months later. What was his motive?
He has the senior job at the pies. More security in it. He can learn for as long as he wants. Bulk his price up. I know he can coach. But timing is everything.

IMO he never got Collingwood a flag cause he was the golden child. Bucks needed to go out into the wilderness and see if he could cut it. He ran back home to Eddie. Like a little b*tch. Passion was invlolved. But no bravery.

I just hope the Hawks, Saint and Cats can deny the Pies a flag for the next 3 years. Would love nothing more then to see Bucks burn. He ditched us once. We burnt him not once. But twice. We were willing to forgive and forget. He thought otherwise. I cannot wait for our flag to arrive. Hell i would even love the tiges to win one before Collingwood. 3rd degree burns can hurt Bucks.

Malcolm Blight is still available. I wonder if Denis Pagan will apply. ;)

Good move by the club to force a decision, now we can look at other potential candidates with another month before the season ends. Buckley would have been a good catch but given his emotional ties to Collingwood I am very glad he didn't sign with us.

So much love for Nathan pre Tuesdays press conference and now so much hate, but at least the world is now back in equilibrium.

I don't hate him, don't blame him for the decision he made either. But, I do like to make fun of Collingwood whenever possible.

collingwood3.jpg

Malcolm Blight is still available. I wonder if Denis Pagan will apply. ;)

Good move by the club to force a decision, now we can look at other potential candidates with another month before the season ends. Buckley would have been a good catch but given his emotional ties to Collingwood I am very glad he didn't sign with us.

Is now a board member of GC17.

Everyone knows in 2011 Collingwoods best players in Swan, Didak, Davis, Lockyer, Medhurst and Frasier will be past it.
Norths best in Wells, JWS, Ziebell, Anthony, Swallow and McIntosh will be peaking. I presume.

I see you forgot to mention any of our younger players that will shit over your players such as Pendlebury, Thomas, Obrien, Shaw, Brown, Reid, Cloke, Anthony, Dick, Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom, Dawes, Wood, Goldsack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back