Nathan Krakouer possibly heading home

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't happen but Chook - missed their chance? C'mon mate it is an internet forum with a few blokes chatting.

Moo, think you've misunderstood (or probably more correctly my post was a little unclear). I was just talking about pick 3. We handed it to Port on a platter, all they had to do was lose to North and it was theirs. I'm not keen on handing it back to them now - I'd like our recruiters to have the best chance of getting whoever it is that they think we need.

Moo, think you've misunderstood (or probably more correctly my post was a little unclear). I was just talking about pick 3. We handed it to Port on a platter, all they had to do was lose to North and it was theirs. I'm not keen on handing it back to them now - I'd like our recruiters to have the best chance of getting whoever it is that they think we need.

My apologies.

Krak has one of the most talented skillsets you will ever see and an insane burst of speed and Godlike awareness and kinaesthetics. His kicking into the F50, atleast at SANFL, was something to behold.

I am very sad to see the young kid go and will be following his career. He just does things that will amaze you and whoever out of West Coast and Fremantle get him will be happy. I'd personally be overpaying for him and I don't say that as a Powe supporter but as a Krak lover.

Pffffttt... what a load of BS.

What is "a talented skillset"?

Nathan has great all round skills.

He is one of the most talented dudes I've seen play. He just needs to bulk up. If he goes on with his footy, I'd say he'll be challenging for a Brownlow. Amazing speed, poise, kicking, good contested mark, x factor. I'll be following him when he plays for either WC or Freo. Wish he was staying with us.

Nathan has great all round skills.

He is one of the most talented dudes I've seen play. He just needs to bulk up. If he goes on with his footy, I'd say he'll be challenging for a Brownlow. Amazing speed, poise, kicking, good contested mark, x factor. I'll be following him when he plays for either WC or Freo. Wish he was staying with us.
Tell me more about his "God-like awareness and kinaesthetics".

Do you work for Today Tonight?

You certainly have the necessary aptitude for absurd hyperbole.

Everyone suggesting that Ebert is a certainty to return to Port should also note that he barracked for Essendon as a kid, not Port.

Lol, I actually saw Brad at the Port Adelaide Magpies game on the weekend supporting the boys. He was there with his dad and uncle, both former port players. There was also this quote from earlier in the year from Brad.

"yeah, as a port supporter you always like to see the crows lose. so that was just great".

He was and is definitely a Port fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your joking right? Ebert >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Krak

I will agree that Brad Ebert's market value (whetever that is really:rolleyes:) would far outweigh Krakouer's. As a first year player, he has been very good and has, not surprisingly, shown why many of us consider he will be a very good 200+ game AFL standard player. I would be amazed if West Coast were to even vaguely consider trading him.

However, in terms of playing ability, I would dare to suggest that the Krak could be anything and in terms of talent probably has more than Ebert. He has excellent pace, awareness and evasive skills, uses the ball well and is tough. I think, as many at Port do, that he will be a gem of a footballer. Comparisons between him and Brad Ebert are difficult, it is akin to comparing a Lotus and a BMW 5 series (or perhaps a mazda RX7 and a statesman:rolleyes:). Both go well, but fulfill different roles.

Obviously, given the Port connections with Brad and his surname, Port supporters would love to see him back at Alberton. If Krakouer wants to return home, it is only natural that the dots get joined on BigFooty. Despite my praise and enthusiasm about Nathan, I venture to suggest Port would need to add something to the offer (such as pick 22).

However, as I suggested up front, I just can't see West Coast being prepared to let him go (unless Ebert requests a trade). It would be like us trading out Boak.

Everyone suggesting that Ebert is a certainty to return to Port should also note that he barracked for Essendon as a kid, not Port.

Which is why he stated on radio during last year that he would love to be drafted by the Power?

As for the Krak, super talent. Tore up the SANFL late last year after being dropped from the AFL side, averaging 18 disposals a game and kicking 13 goals in his 6 games (including 2 lots of 4 goals) from a wing, high in the best players in 5 of his 6 SANFL games.

This year was injured on and off and missed 10 weeks in the second half of the year but still averaged 19 disposals and a goal a game from a wing, and was named in the best players in 3 of 7 games.

Of all the players Port have drafted over the past 5-6 years, Id say hes got the potential to be the most damaging at AFL level. Crazy pace, super foot skills, Rodan like evasiveness. Only thing that lets him down at the mo is fitness, and hes still pretty lean. This is why Port fans will be shattered to see him go.

Considering hes contracted, id be trying bloody hard over the next few weeks to talk him into playing for an extra year.

Lol, I actually saw Brad at the Port Adelaide Magpies game on the weekend supporting the boys. He was there with his dad and uncle, both former port players. There was also this quote from earlier in the year from Brad.

"yeah, as a port supporter you always like to see the crows lose. so that was just great".

He was and is definitely a Port fan.
His player profile in the footy record says he barracked for Essendon IN THE AFL and his favourite player was James Hird. He reiterated this during an interview on Channel 10 recently. Maybe that quote and the fact he was at a game suggest he supports the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL (because of his fathers connection and because he actually played for them), but has no real love for the Power? I'm not sure, but i'm just repeating what he said about the Bombers.

Straight swap for Seaby:thumbsu:

Seaby = 2nd rounder, Port need a ruck we want 'a quick mid already in the system'.

Eagles may throw our early 4th round pick in to sweeten the deal.

Why not trade Seaby to the Swans or Melbourne then as they need an experienced ruck-man a lot more than us. If i don't sound sold on the idea of Seaby coming to Port it's probably because i remember us picking up Downsborough from you guys a few years ago.

we do not need seaby at all!!!!! we have 2 outstanding rucks, who are at the end of their careers and we will be looking for new young prospects to replace them. we do not need a ready back-up ruck. deluca can fill in next year in case of injuries/form. at the moment its unsure bout his potential, looks an good tap ruckman, probably not a first option down the track but paired with a new talent down the track might be very good. if we give krak---we want a very promising youngster, or the chance of drafting one.

we do not need seaby at all!!!!! we have 2 outstanding rucks, who are at the end of their careers and we will be looking for new young prospects to replace them. we do not need a ready back-up ruck. deluca can fill in next year in case of injuries/form. at the moment its unsure bout his potential, looks an good tap ruckman, probably not a first option down the track but paired with a new talent down the track might be very good. if we give krak---we want a very promising youngster, or the chance of drafting one.

We would be doing Seaby a dis service trading him to a club with all ready made good ruckman anyway. Better to trade him to Melbourne.

Tell me more about his "God-like awareness and kinaesthetics".

Do you work for Today Tonight?

You certainly have the necessary aptitude for absurd hyperbole.

How do you know it's absurd hyperbole? Are you ignorant in the matter and using loose vantiy to conceal your intellectual football pride. Looks like.

Read the in the Power section and you will see similar rave reviews by some people in the know. The Fridge has written one a few posts up. Also go to other Power fan forums elsewhere on the the site. Massive wraps on young Krak. The famous Bulldogs scout was gonna use a first rounder on him and almost barfed when he went so late. I think they used a second rounder in a trade that year.

He's got that much potential its not funny.

what about pick 36 + 20 for krakoeur + 24

Port loose: Krakoeur and 24
Port gain: 36 and +4 upgrade of their second rounder.

WC loose: pick 36 and a -4 downgrade of second rounder
WC gain: Krakoeur

Gees Port will jump all over that deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Krakouer possibly heading home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back