National Draft/ PSD/ RD Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be a dream come true. Depends how many we pass during the ND.

my question is can we lure a big name player in psd and who ? i remember duff saying we had cash when judd was on the market . come on roos lets get somebody not nobodys .

I don''t see any reason why this won't work.

Put a big offer to the one (or even two) player/s we can afford (and max out our salary cap).

If the player agrees ,and we nab them... we've won.

If another team ups the ante, we back out, knowing that the only winners then are the player followed by us.

There is sure to still be some quality players unsigned that may follow the $$$, and we are then more in control of it.

Hopefully your not refering to...Adams.... :eek:

Oh, god no...

Pick 15 - David Gourdis/Cyril Rioli
Pick 32 - Robbie Tarrent
Pick 37 - Marlon Motlop
Pick 64 - Zane Murphy
Pick 80 - Rhyce Prismall

Would be a pretty good best case scenario.

Decent list of players there... but no "Kangars!!!!".

Re: Our draft picks for 2007 draft

that is Collingwood/St Kilda/Bulldogs/Hawthorn/Richmond/Carlton talk boy... no Tanking here... and don't forget it... ;):D:D

I'm talking after we win the premiership :thumbsu::)

Pick 32 - Robbie Tarrent
Pick 37 - Marlon Motlop
Pick 64 - Zane Murphy
Pick 80 - Rhyce Prismall

would you mind giving us a bit of a run down on gourdis (strengths, weaknesses, who he reminds you of in the afl)

Decent list of players there... but no "Kangars!!!!".

Maybe for one of the picks in the #30's.

That list, has two pretty decent KPP players, especially Gourdis, could mould him into anything, I actually think he plays CHB, better than he does CHF.

There are still a couple of delistments to come...

They both start with the name Leigh:D

Speaking of Leigh Brown, with Laidley wanting to move to 100% of the cap, would one of the motivations be to delist Brown, pay him off (which has to be included in the gap), and then get another kid in?

We did well to finish 3rd this year, but there is no way that the list should be rewarded to such an extent that we go to 100% of the salary cap.

would you mind giving us a bit of a run down on gourdis (strengths, weaknesses, who he reminds you of in the afl)

Strength's:

Pace, Agility, Size.

- At around 6"5, he is genuine KP size, played CHF for Western Australia in the championships and did very well.

- He can take an excellent pack mark, the sort of guy you think "kick it to" when moving forward.

- His pace is his best attribute. Topped this years draft camp with a 2.88 over 20m's. So can beat almost any defender on the lead with good delivery.

Weakness':

Kicking: had a left handed ball drop for a right footer. and changed it to normal, but it has improved increadibly since 16's, I dont see it as a major problem, considering how much it has improved already.

Player Comparison:

Certainly a bit of Matthew Pavlich about him, let me emphasise the "bit" though :D

Perhaps it is an aesthetic thing, but I hate a load of stickies (no pun intended) at the top of the board. The less the better in my view as some get stale pretty quickly.

Replace 'Trade Talk' with this one then.

Strength's:

Pace, Agility, Size.

- At around 6"5, he is genuine KP size, played CHF for Western Australia in the championships and did very well.

- He can take an excellent pack mark, the sort of guy you think "kick it to" when moving forward.

- His pace is his best attribute. Topped this years draft camp with a 2.88 over 20m's. So can beat almost any defender on the lead with good delivery.

Weakness':

Kicking: had a left handed ball drop for a right footer. and changed it to normal, but it has improved increadibly since 16's, I dont see it as a major problem, considering how much it has improved already.

Player Comparison:

Certainly a bit of Matthew Pavlich about him, let me emphasise the "bit" though :D

sounds like a likely prospect. thanks for that :thumbsu:

Pick 32 - Robbie Tarrent
Pick 37 - Marlon Motlop
Pick 64 - Zane Murphy
Pick 80 - Rhyce Prismall

Murph plays at the same club as me, being playing seniors since he was 14, good player

Pykie, those picks would be a dream come true. Gourdis seem's to me the steal of the draft, and to get him at 15 would be outstanding. Prismall as a Roos supporter would me fantastic, and IIRC, it was said he would be a top 10 pick next year if not drafted?

Just a quick note on Gourdis, he equaled Nathan Krakours DC record for the 20m sprint, 2.83, and the guys 6'5...WOW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard Darren Pfeiffer just got delisted, he was pick 17 in the 2005 draft, so obviously has some talent, heard he is very quick, but i can not find much info on him at this stage, is he worth a PSD maybe or redrafting or a rookie list spot? Is only 20 and could be the spark we are looking for in the midfield, if i recall correctly the only thing that sort of stunted his selction at adelaide was a broken jaw, so no hammyy or knee history.

http://www.footydraft.com/players.php?player=darren_pfeiffer

Just heard Darren Pfeiffer just got delisted, he was pick 17 in the 2005 draft, so obviously has some talent, heard he is very quick, but i can not find much info on him at this stage, is he worth a PSD maybe or redrafting or a rookie list spot? Is only 20 and could be the spark we are looking for in the midfield, if i recall correctly the only thing that sort of stunted his selction at adelaide was a broken jaw, so no hammyy or knee history.

They seem to be pretty stiff about this kid on the Adelaide board, just like we were with Hughesy. Could be worth a peek.

In the draft, if we could take Brett Goodes with a late draft pick, I would be interested. The kid could hold a running back position with us very easily... I've only seen a few of his games, but I was impressed.

I'm still annoyed about not making a play for Ryan Murphy... the kid has class writen all over him. Is he still under contract at Freo... I would be very glad to snare him in the PSD if not.

My jaw, literally hit the ground when I saw that, ive been excited ever since.

We may have a chance to get something very decent out of this PSD after all.

I rated Pfeiffer #7 in 2005, and Swallow at #11, so you can imagine, how excited I was when we got Andrew that year :D

My Notes at the time:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pfeiffer is a 6"1, inside and outside midfielder, that takes an excellent grab for his size. He has it all, flair, composure, excellent footskills, and often thinks well ahead of the oncoming situation.

Will play a rotating role through the midfield/wing/hff when he develops more, has good agility, and is able to play, literally anywhere on the park effectively besides a key position.

Player Comparison: Jimmy Bartel

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknowingly compared him to a future brownlow medalist :p

Definately worth a shot, especially after getting someone like Davies, from what I understand his issues are completely off field.

My jaw, literally hit the ground when I saw that, ive been excited ever since.

We may have a chance to get something very decent out of this PSD after all.

I rated Pfeiffer #7 in 2005, and Swallow at #11, so you can imagine, how excited I was when we got Andrew that year :D

My Notes at the time:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pfeiffer is a 6"1, inside and outside midfielder, that takes an excellent grab for his size. He has it all, flair, composure, excellent footskills, and often thinks well ahead of the oncoming situation.

Will play a rotating role through the midfield/wing/hff when he develops more, has good agility, and is able to play, literally anywhere on the park effectively besides a key position.

Player Comparison: Jimmy Bartel

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknowingly compared him to a future brownlow medalist :p

Definately worth a shot, especially after getting someone like Davies, from what I understand his issues are completely off field.

Anyone have a phone booth?

just a question

with the psd, what does it exctly involve? can we offer a player a large sum to come to the club through it???

PSD isn't too different from National Draft. The only difference is that all listed players who don't sign a new contract with their club and whos contracts lapse are eligible to nominate for PSD.

Yes a player can nominate a minimum sum that he wants to be paid next year. A club that selects him must comply with those demands.

For example, had Selwood not signed with Brisbane we could have told him to nominate a salary of 400k, which nobody else would pay. We could take him with our pick and then pay him less in year two and year three to balance out his new conrtact. Not many clubs would have sufficient room in their salary cap to do the same.

Fergus Watts has been delisted from Saints, was hampered by a broken leg their which didnt help him at all, he is 197cm tall and 98kgs. Had practically no pre season this year but still managed to kick a bag of 7 in the vfl, has only just turned 22, i think he would be a great foward for us, esspecially with one of our pre seasons where we focus alot on running, unlike the saints who are similar to the swans and wouldnt have as much running in their pre season

Pick 15 - David Gourdis - Tom Collier - Alex Rance
Pick 32 - Robert Tarrant
Pick 37 - Marlon Motlop - Ryan Normington
Pick 64 - Darren Pfeiffer - Rhyce Prismall
Pick 80 - Stephan Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft/ PSD/ RD Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back