National Draft/ PSD/ RD Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

If people are saying selwood will be top 5 in a supposed superdraft next year,wouldnt that make him top 5 this season.

Whos this steve martin?
Is he funny and in his 50s with grey hair.

Wouldnt touch him if i were you,would rather go for youth.

Depends which team he ends up at. You'd expect Joel to shine in an even team with stars.

But you said a few posts back he'd be the best of the lot, now you say it depends which team he goes to.

But you said a few posts back he'd be the best of the lot, now you say it depends which team he goes to.

I didn't mention the name selwood in it did i?

Eventually the youngest one will be the best out of the quartet.

a bit of info i found on..

Stefan Martin 198cm 95kg 20y.o Versatile KKP/Ruckman

Newcomer to footy, basketball background. Started playing footy a yr ago in the under 19's amatuers and got best in the league after only playing 7 games. Played for sandringham vfl firsts this yr and impressed kicking goals as well as winning in the ruck. Athletic, great leap, can play forward. Was also best on ground for Vic versus Allies last week. Would have been as good as Kreuzer if he had play from a young age. Will definatly be rookied, or drafted from 30 onward. Ricky Nixon (player manager) gives him big raps. Apparently killed it in agility and vertical leap!!!!!

two words Addam Maric...he is a freak and not just an athlete has the natural footballing ability alot of players these days dont have. If not for his height would be a top 5 pick but could slip and alot of talk about us taking him @ 15...please let this be

two words Addam Maric...he is a freak and not just an athlete has the natural footballing ability alot of players these days dont have. If not for his height would be a top 5 pick but could slip and alot of talk about us taking him @ 15...please let this be

Hope you're not just saying it because of his Croatian heritage...;)

Kepler Bradley - was thrown in the deep end from the start of his career. although sheedy thought it would be a great learning curve to play him on the best forwards from day one. i think it was a huge responsibility for Kepler Bradley to play on the oppositions best forward week after week at such a young age. some games he played well and would keep his opponents in check and some games he would get absolutely smashed and get beaten convincingly by his opponent. at the end of the day i don't think he was well coached by sheedy. i think he was given to bigger responsibility to early in his career and as a result of this his confidence has been shattered and he has struggled to maintain his spot in their team and on their list.
i think a change of club will benefit Kepler Bradley. hopefully he can regain his confidence and make a name for himself at the top level. i hope the kangaroos consider him for a spot on our list.

Kepler Bradley - was thrown in the deep end from the start of his career. although sheedy thought it would be a great learning curve to play him on the best forwards from day one. i think it was a huge responsibility for Kepler Bradley to play on the oppositions best forward week after week at such a young age. some games he played well and would keep his opponents in check and some games he would get absolutely smashed and get beaten convincingly by his opponent. at the end of the day i don't think he was well coached by sheedy. i think he was given to bigger responsibility to early in his career and as a result of this his confidence has been shattered and he has struggled to maintain his spot in their team and on their list.
i think a change of club will benefit Kepler Bradley. hopefully he can regain his confidence and make a name for himself at the top level. i hope the kangaroos consider him for a spot on our list.

Agree with all that. This situation reminds me of Hansen a little bit. He played the first few games and it was obvious he isn't quite ready for big time. We dropped back to the VFL and it did take him a while to start playing well even for Tassie. But once his confidence grew, he started to consistantly feature in their best players. If we let him play 12-15 games in 2007, who knows what that would do to his confidence. Both Hansen and Bradley were drafted as skinny kids who dominated junior competitions.

I wouldn't mind picking up Bradley in the draft. One would think that if he nominates for ND, he will get picked up and won't make it into PSD.

Our next pick after 37 is 64. Don't think he'd last that long but if he did, we should do it. But if we used pick 37 on him, I'd be disapointed.

Cyril Rioli apparently has the body and talent to play a full time rovers role and is said to have amazing kicking ability, one recruiter has compared his kicking to Buckleys.

Amazing vision and smarts.

Get him.

With the name Cyril, he better justify his selction.

. But if we used pick 37 on him, I'd be disapointed.

i dont think we would even consider this, we didnt even offer pick 37 for him, it would be ludacris if we did use it on him. I am very happy with our draft picks considering we did a bit of trading. 15 32 and 37 are some good numbers, i think we would be in the top 5 clubs for picks even though we dont have one in the top 10 like carlton or richmond, but clubs like those traded picks away so i think carlton have pick 1 and then their next is pick 40 odd, i know i would much rather have 15 32 and 37, hopefully we can pinch gourdis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind picking up Bradley in the draft. One would think that if he nominates for ND, he will get picked up and won't make it into PSD.

Our next pick after 37 is 64. Don't think he'd last that long but if he did, we should do it. But if we used pick 37 on him, I'd be disapointed.

i agree, if he nominates for the national draft he won't make it into the pre season draft.

i think they believe the depth of the draft will be around 50 players this year.. and nifty nev has already said that he is going to go "best available".. so if he picks kepler bradley at pick 37 it wouldn't worry me as long as he is "the best available".

with matthew campbell and leigh adams promoted of the rookie list and ben hughes and tim hutchinson delisted..

that leaves us with four picks in the rookie draft.

does anybody know how many picks we will have in the national draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

National Draft/ PSD/ RD Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back