List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it’s a bit of a worry. Another reason I’m leaning against playing much seniors next year. I think Fog/TT/Welsh is likely to be a better mix. Welsh is quick.
Realistically Welsh is going to need some pre season(s) , he’s got a hard slog in front of him re conditioning but can get there with mental application

Has serious weapons re speed and power if he can get his endurance up

The opposite of a vanilla player , a guy that can turn a game in 20 mins but I’m not expecting much next year other than a couple of sanfl bags

Hopefully 2026 though

So he's
  • Best 22
  • Contracted for 2 more years but Melbourne are letting him leave so maybe not overly relevant
  • A role player
  • 29 at the start of 2025 with, at best, 3-4 years of football left
  • Experienced having played 176 games
Taylor Adams sets the ceiling on that sort of trade, he left for pick 33 as a 30 year old but with the ability to play full midfield if necessary.

I reckon a late 30s pick is about right for Neal-Bullen, in that sort of pick 38-42 range.

We currently have pick 42, so I'd offer that plus an additional later pick

Berry might get us a pick in 40s so that’s not too far off

Keane would get us a pick in 25-35 range but is a must keep if he’s keen to stay

Pick in 30s in this draft is worth way more than a pick in 30s for next years draft
Just being realistic, a pick in the 40’s alone won’t be enough. Even though ANB will be 29 next year, he’s too good for that kind of pick

Maybe we get done Berry + 42 for a 30’s pick + late pick (Welsh), and then trade the 30’s pick for ANB?

Yeah it’s a bit of a worry. Another reason I’m leaning against playing much seniors next year. I think Fog/TT/Welsh is likely to be a better mix. Welsh is quick.
I assume you mean Tex not playing much seniors?
Do we expect welsh to come in straight away though?

Berry might get us a pick in 40s so that’s not too far off

Keane would get us a pick in 25-35 range but is a must keep if he’s keen to stay

Pick in 30s in this draft is worth way more than a pick in 30s for next years draft
Berry in 40's.....not great considering he cost us late 20's and is being actively chased and we want him.

I had thought this years draft was deemed much better than next years but Bicks didnt appear to really agree with that from my understanding?

I’d say ANB is a key plank at Melbourne culturally , ANB is mostly leaving to get out of Melbourne football club and it’s convenient that he’s got a family that’s keen to get home
He's gonna be spewing when Goodwin is our coach in 12 months 🤣

Berry in 40's.....not great considering he cost us late 20's and is being actively chased and we want him.

I had thought this years draft was deemed much better than next years but Bicks didnt appear to really agree with that from my understanding?
This years draft has probably the best depth of the last 10 years all the way to pick 60

Top end is nothing more special than most years , I’d take last years top 10 probably

Next year isn’t as strong Victorians , academies ( allies ) and WA the strong ones

He’s won two gold jackets alongside the likes of McLeod and Roo. What the hell is wrong with fans who turn on our players?
the hate, disrespect and vitriol many on this board show our players is not representative of a normal population demographic. Laird, who has risen from rookie to try his best for the team is now clearly in decline and ideally wouldnt have 2 years left. But the way many here talk about our players - whether its disproportionately limited to the ADL BF forum - is very perplexing to me and I cant relate to the hate either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is not in the same conversation as our true elite champs. but why the hate?
No disrespect to what he’s done for the club in the past

But surely it’s fair enough, given recent circumstances, that we’ve turned on him, right?

Anyway, this thread is about ANB, I don’t want to derail it

He’s won two gold jackets alongside the likes of McLeod and Roo. What the hell is wrong with fans who turn on our players?
Mentioning him in the same breath as our two greatest players is just insulting.

So he's
  • Best 22
  • Contracted for 2 more years but Melbourne are letting him leave so maybe not overly relevant
  • A role player
Taylor Adams sets the ceiling on that sort of trade, he left for pick 33 as a 30 year old but with the ability to play full midfield if necessary.

I reckon a late 30s pick is about right for Neal-Bullen, in that sort of pick 38-42 range.

offer pick 42 and a swap of future 2nds. see if they go for that

This years draft has probably the best depth of the last 10 years all the way to pick 60

Top end is nothing more special than most years , I’d take last years top 10 probably

Next year isn’t as strong Victorians , academies ( allies ) and WA the strong ones
With the top end last year being stronger, is there a degree that this is because the depth was thinner so the top end stood out more, this year with far greater depth, the top end don’t stand out as highly?

So he's
  • Best 22
  • A role player

4 yr deal - I reckon they will push hard for pick 25

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the top end last year being stronger, is there a degree that this is because the depth was thinner so the top end stood out more, this year with far greater depth, the top end don’t stand out as highly?
Maybe a little

Although Harley Reid , Colby Mckercher , Ethan Read , Nate Caddy etc etc definitely helped

Reid and Mckercher would be top 2 this draft comfortably

We're obviously not in a position to knock any one back that wants to come to us

but.......

Am I the only one that gets a bit peeved these players that want to come home for family reasons leave it so late in their careers?

Sure it's their choice if and when they do but as a club it would be nice to get these players as they hit free agency - not when they're close to 30. Hope he's on a low wage.

It sort of sends a bad message, no need to come back to the Crowd when I hit my peak at 25, I can wait until near 30 and they'll happily top up my super.

Much prefer the Dawson/Rankine model rather than the Gibbs/ANB one.
His wife has just given birth to their first baby, hence the desire to come home for family support with raising the kid.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scott Thompson won 2 as well. You still want him running around out there?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back