List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the point of this conversation but I would 100% have prime Thommo in our team right now. Was a gun and regularly put the team on his back.
My point exactly. Prime Laird is not current Laird.

How many jackets you've won in the past and how much you carried the team back then are irrelevant to your status in the team now.

He’s won two gold jackets alongside the likes of McLeod and Roo. What the hell is wrong with fans who turn on our players?

Alongside? Here's a tip, all B&Fs aren't created equal. He still has them, but that doesn't put him in the same sentence as Macca and Roo. Laird is miles below Tyson Edwards level and pretty sure he didn't win even one.

News report last night said Tex signed on for a scaled down role, no interstate games. Whatever happened to the importance of continuity? And selection integrity?

That can't be right.

We have missed the finals for seven years, has to be everyone all in.

Tex keeps referencing Tom Hawkins as the model he wants. He's a three time premiership player with his team competing in finals. Completely different.

That can't be right. For me even managing him was to much.

We have missed the finals for seven years, has to be everyone all in.

We definitely don't all fly as one, different rules for different players. No doubt that's awesome for the culture. Locking away list spots like that is negligence given what players might be shaken loose from a club like Melbourne. Look at the stupidity of not paying out Smith and wasting that list spot. Hamill was triple the player this year and could help us if we were to magically climb the ladder next year. Nup, instead we go with an even cookeder Smith because we don't want to upset his ego or his fellow senior players.

Scott Thompson won 2 as well. You still want him running around out there?
It’s pretty decent company, those legends of our club. You can’t fluke two best and fairest’s. It takes a lot of dedication to be even close to the best in an AFL club once! I just want to show the guy a bit of respect. I think he deserves that!

Alongside? Here's a tip, all B&Fs aren't created equal. He still has them, but that doesn't put him in the same sentence as Macca and Roo. Laird is miles below Tyson Edwards level and pretty sure he didn't win even one.
ROB won one, enough said about the quality of recent B&F winners

His wife has just given birth to their first baby, hence the desire to come home for family support with raising the kid.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did the tone of media comments and statements from Dees themselves make it seem like there may be something a little bit extra here?

That was my gut feel re does bubs need extra special family assistance or whatever (total speculation on my behalf). Otherwise it seems an abnormally agreeable and immediate stance from Dees effectively insisting they will get him back to ADL rather than the normal posturing of “we will look at offers and do what’s best for our club” etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumours are that Petracca is unhappy with a lot of the way Melbourne is being run. Perhaps he feels they’re are to blame for whatever it is that has made ANB want out.
I believe it's more to do with his injury and when it first happened, their medicos sent his back out without realising the seriousness of the injury which turned out was life threatening. He isn't happy about that.

Laird won Best and fairest in years where we finished -
2018 - 12th
2021 - 15th
2022 - 14th

Laird is the only multiple winner to not win a bnf in a top 8 season, the only one to have an average position below 8 as well...

Cmon mate, this is Trumpish. The masses handing out the hate and vitriol to someone but then somehow feeling “you” are the aggrieved party by being insulted..
Settle down Kochie.

I was saying comparing him to Roo and Macca is insulting to those two.

Bickley or Edwards are a better comparison.

There's nothing to pay out. It's a new contract.

He and the club may have had an informal agreement, but there's no mechanism under the current agreement for either party to be forced into this

It's possible you have misinterpreted this clause

Wasn't the existence of "trigger clauses" in contracts debunked years ago?

The CBA still includes "A Club and a Player will not include provision in a Standard Playing Contract which would entitle either party to unilaterally exercise an option to extend the term of a Player’s contract"

It only prevents a club or player from extending the terms of the contract

A club could still implement a "reverse" of this, where the playing contract is a five year term, but if you only play 11 games in your 4th year the contract ends after 4 years. Which would be a reduction of the contract, not an extension.

We definitely don't all fly as one, different rules for different players. No doubt that's awesome for the culture. Locking away list spots like that is negligence given what players might be shaken loose from a club like Melbourne. Look at the stupidity of not paying out Smith and wasting that list spot. Hamill was triple the player this year and could help us if we were to magically climb the ladder next year. Nup, instead we go with an even cookeder Smith because we don't want to upset his ego or his fellow senior players.
Mate, you don’t seem Texs biggest fan unless i have got that wrong (apologies if so).

Is there anything positive you have liked about him over the years? (Playing wise inc skills, finals performances, leadership, one club player loyalty - whatever it may be). Or what he still offers now in his final stanza? Or just all negatives only?

For a smart bloke I am genuinely in your perspective and trying to get my head around it.

Oh great we are going to have a year of Tex bashing 🙈

Most of our blokes still not equipped to polish his boots

He won’t make it all about him and will be trying to bring our forwards on through coaching and mentoring and will be more than happy to take some on ground heat in meantime
I’m fine with it, as long as he doesn’t admonish guys like Rachele on-field for not kicking it to him

Still clearly the third best tall forward on our list (unless Luko comes)

I would actually be guessing the bearded one hasn’t got this one right. Bookmarking now - logically ANB replaces Murph in game one next year IMO assuming both fit.
It will be telling if Murphy gets named in the 2025 leadership group.

If he is, his spot in the 23 is assured again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back