List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, we probably win a few more of those close games with ANB then a possession 4th quarter Murphy.........

Seen quiet a few Melbourne games when they were at the top where ANB came up clutch. He is a good player. he is only going to be a 3-4 season prospect for us being he turns 29 this coming January. Honestly, he is a 3rd rounder and pick swaps at best. He isnt an x factor player, he is a meat and potatoes style role player. As much as he wants back to SA for personnel reasons, I have no doubt Melbourne would be happy for him to go because they need to play younger guys in his position in a rebuild.

You know your club is in a bad way when you choose the Crows.

Especially when you consider this thread. Perhaps they are worse???

View attachment 2094969

Needs more goals but no doubt is a far better player than Murphy.
Goal tally is fine if he’s actually winning the footy pretty well, kicking well and applying defensive pressure (all of which ANB can do and Murph can’t)

We're obviously not in a position to knock any one back that wants to come to us

but.......

Am I the only one that gets a bit peeved these players that want to come home for family reasons leave it so late in their careers?

Sure it's their choice if and when they do but as a club it would be nice to get these players as they hit free agency - not when they're close to 30. Hope he's on a low wage.

It sort of sends a bad message, no need to come back to the Crows when I hit my peak at 25, I can wait until near 30 and they'll happily top up my super.

Much prefer the Dawson/Rankine model rather than the Gibbs/ANB one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, it's most likely that ANB wants to leave because things are rotten at Melbourne at the moment, and the family line is just his way of getting to the club he wants.

I'm sure if Melbourne were still genuine premiership threats and their culture wasn't actively imploding, he'd be perfectly happy to stick around.

We're obviously not in a position to knock any one back that wants to come to us

but.......

Am I the only one that gets a bit peeved these players that want to come home for family reasons leave it so late in their careers?

Sure it's their choice if and when they do but as a club it would be nice to get these players as they hit free agency - not when they're close to 30. Hope he's on a low wage.

It sort of sends a bad message, no need to come back to the Crowd when I hit my peak at 25, I can wait until near 30 and they'll happily top up my super.

I was just thinking the same thing. However how many have we really got at the ANB Gibbs age over the years. I dont mind it tbh as long as we pay a fair market rate. What we paid for Gibbs was downright absurd and that was nothing more than Roo on an ego trip demanding the deal gets done.

ANB leaving is apparently one of the things Petracca is cranky about
Why would you be upset with the club for a player leaving due to personal family reasons? Does he want the club to hold ANB to ransom and say no you can't go? Or does he think the club has been insensitive surrounding ANB situation?

but.......

It sort of sends a bad message, no need to come back to the Crowd when I hit my peak at 25, I can wait until near 30 and they'll happily top up my super.

Isn’t the talk that there are extenuating circumstances here? ANB was pretty happy to stay up until now, and the Dees are fairly understanding of whatever is going on and are willing to let him go?

Why would you be upset with the club for a player leaving due to personal family reasons? Does he want the club to hold ANB to ransom and say no you can't go? Or does he think the club has been insensitive surrounding ANB situation?

The rumours are that Petracca is unhappy with a lot of the way Melbourne is being run. Perhaps he feels they’re are to blame for whatever it is that has made ANB want out.

I dont know any details what soever but its probably to do with the current culture of the club. Players dont want to stay. These are his friends.

So will we go with a 9 man leadership group? Or will Keayes have to make way.
They should just scrap this leadership group business.. just go back to captain and vice captain.. your 2 best players ... Imagine getting 30 disposals every week and getting told by Murphy what you should be doing .. or getting told off by laird for not passing him the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back