List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

By that logic, bottom end clubs shouldn't ever trade picks for senior players to help them climb the ladder.

Not super logic
Not good picks. This reeks of a shit desperate club needing a climb up the ladder to lesson the noise and take the pressure off a shit coaching reappointment. But in a rebuild with the initial intention of winning a flag it’s a counter intuitive move.

Wow.... busting out the insults.

Hilarious
Well you haven't explained why we should trade overs for a player who is walking out of his club & best years are behind him.

Yes, I get frustrated by stupid.. & there is too much of that at AFC.

Not good picks. This reeks of a shit desperate club needing a climb up the ladder to lesson the noise and take the pressure off a shit coaching reappointment. But in a rebuild with the initial intention of winning a flag it’s a counter intuitive move.
TBH we DO need to be playing finals next year. This list is already good enough to do so.

Nicks knows he's headed for the unemployment line if we don't.

Are we winning a flag in the next 3 years? No, so you don’t use valuable draft pick and risk missing out on a 10 year player that could help when the list is ready.

Nothing but draft picks = success.

Just look at all the flags Gold Coast and GWS have won.

Lets just keep stockpiling stars in the 20-30 range like we have since our Grand Final appearance. Hamill, Schoenberg, Worrell, Cook and Berry will see us to the next flag!!!

And who could imagine a team winning a flag in within 3 years of missing the finals? I mean apart from Collingwood in 2023, Melbourne in 2021, West Coast in 2018 and Richmond in 2017. I mean its only 4 out of the last 7 that have done it.

Well you haven't explained why we should trade overs for a player who is walking out of his club & best years are behind him.

Yes, I get frustrated by stupid.. & there is too much of that at AFC.
It's slight overs, only slightly. We NEED quality senior players, we have maybe 3 if you include Tex who won't play every week.

His best years aren't behind him either.

So calling him emotional wasn’t an insult?
Apparently if he starts it, he can't handle when I give it back.

Says everything.

Still waiting for an explanation why we should be paying overs too...

Nothing but draft picks = success.

Just look at all the flags Gold Coast and GWS have won.

Lets just keep stockpiling stars in the 20-30 range like we have since our Grand Final appearance. Hamill, Schoenberg, Worrell, Cook and Berry will see us to the next flag!!!

And who could imagine a team winning a flag in within 3 years of missing the finals? I mean apart from Collingwood in 2023, Melbourne in 2021, West Coast in 2018 and Richmond in 2017. I mean its only 4 out of the last 7 that have done it.
Do you think that’s us and how good a player do you think ANB is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he makes us much much better?

Did you not watch us trot out players like Murphy, Ned, Hamill in 2024 when we finished 15th?
We won't improve v other clubs if we make silly trades paying overs for players.

The reason why Murphy played games is not because we didn't have better players available, but because we have a dumbarse coach.

You only address this by getting a new coach!

We won't improve v other clubs if we make dumb trades paying overs for players.

The reason why Murphy played games is not because we didn't have better players available, but because we have a dumbarse coach.

This is the point.

The club knows we need to play finals next year. ANB helps us do that more than P25 would.

It's slight overs, only slightly. We NEED quality senior players, we have maybe 3 if you include Tex who won't play every week.

His best years aren't behind him eieither.
We should not be paying overs full stop on this scenario.

That is the point that appears lost on you!

Pretty clueless to believe list management don't plan four years into the future.

They ain't making their decisions based on 4 years into the future. The majority dont have contracts tying them to the club that bloody long.

When drafting players, you reckon clubs are taking players to have an impact in years one to three? Or are they thinking about much further into the future?

I think they make list management decisions based on the next 3 years unless they are in a massive rebuilding period (which we are not).

When clubs hand out four year or longer contracts they aren't thinking about what that fourth year looks like?

Not particularly. They are securing a top end player that can produce the next 3 years.

When Sydney signed Buddy to a 9 year contract it wasnt because they thought he would be a superstar 8 years down the track. It was to secure him now (and the near future) and then adjust to the unknown (good or bad) down the track.

We are gonna give pick 25 a 4 year deal??? Nope.

When clubs trade out a player, they don't care about what output they might lose in 5 or 6 years, especially for young players? And they don't factor that into what they ask in return?

Not as much as you trying to suggest they do. Trading pick 25 is not fixed. We dont know what player is going to be available. Will it be a long term project player with a higher ceiling or a ready made player with a higher floor?

Shocking.

From the guy that just tried to compare the Jarman trade to Neal-Bullen to justify using pick 25 :think:

Stones and glass houses and all of that

Didnt we trade in a 29 year old for pick 25 when we had just missed the finals?

We won the flag 2 years later. You think we drafted Jarman to try and win a flag in 1999 when he was 33?

We should not be paying overs full stop on this scenario.

That is the point that appears lost on you!
Contracted player who Melbourne aren't forcing out, they want value.

It's certainly not a McAdam level overs trade, and you're jumping off a bridge without seeing the full deal

We won't improve v other clubs if we make silly trades paying overs for players.

To be fair, even with a new coach, we clearly need to improve our forward-half pressure

The hope is that Nicks clearly sees Murphy as that half-forward pressure guy (even though he's not even close to it), and if ANB comes in as a much better version of Murphy, he might be forced to make the incumbent permanent depth?

Contracted player who Melbourne aren't forcing out, they want value.

It's certainly not a McAdam level overs trade, and you're jumping off a bridge without seeing the full deal
Lol, did you miss the news he has walked out of Melbourne.

Stop rewriting history to justify your argument.

Do you think that’s us

Could be. I am far higher on our list than many on here. I believe we had the list to make the 8 in 23 and 24.

and how good a player do you think ANB is?

He makes us much better. I forget now, but have posted previously about how we won 3 from 13 games (I think) that were decided by 12 points or less.

Replacing Murphy/Jones/Hamill type player with ANB and I think we win more than 3 of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Back