List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So you want Hamish fired, but you aren't a critic?

What does longevity have to do with anything in that profession? Stephen Wells was at Geelong for over 20 years...Stephen Conole has been with Lions for 14 years.
If you were to rank the posters on this board who have been regularly critical of Hamish, I wouldn't get a mention. If you actually followed what people post, rather than make stupid wild baseless accusations, you would know this.

Imo, its unhealthy for people to remain too long in their roles. Doesn't mean they were bad at them. Camporeale is another who gets a bad wrap imo, but again was just at the club too long.

You reckon we could in 3 years so clearly you do! Personally I’d rather have a Worrell for 10 years than ANB for 3.

But you didn’t include Soligo, Taylor or any other quality player etc on our list we took from 25 onwards
Yep, we are not winning a flag in the next few years.

The fact someone actually thinks we can just goes to the delusion of the posting.

The most hilarious part of this discussion is that the same posters saying we should keep pick 25 and not pay overs for ANB are the same posters that constantly criticize Hamish and our recruiting team and our development team.

So to the Cartel - you want to keep pick 25 and allow Hamish to select who we take and then our development team to work with them over the known quantity that is ANB?
So are you must be a Hamish fan given you think we could win a flag in 3 years, why aren’t you backing him in again?

You reckon we could in 3 years so clearly you do! Personally I’d rather have a Worrell for 10 years than ANB for 3.

What about Hamill, Schoenberg, Berry, Cook, McHenry? I would rather have ANB for 3 than a 1 in 6 chance of landing Worrell.

But you didn’t include Soligo, Taylor or any other quality player etc on our list we took from 25 onwards

Well shit. For every Soligo & Sloane - there are 5 times the amount of spuds.

May as well load up on picks in the 50's because thats where Dane Swan went. Or even better yet - lets just accumulate rookie picks because guns like Kieran Jack, Luke Bruest, Brett Kirk, Ben Rutten, Mathew Boyd, Matt Priddis, Stephen Milne and Dean Cox were all taken there!

The AFL quality and talent just isn't there. Outside of the top 15 picks its a massive lottery, sure you can find a gem, but more than likely the value is in an established footballer.

So are you must be a Hamish fan given you think we could win a flag in 3 years, why aren’t you backing him in again?

Not a Hamish fan, but not your level of hatred. Think he has done well with later picks. Think he has struggled with top end picks.

Trading in Rankine / Dawson alongside access to top end top 12 talent like TT, Rachele, Max, FOG, Curtin and then hitting on some later picks (Worrell, Soligo) in addition to some schrewd trading of other discards (Hinge/Keys) has given us a good core.

Would love to hear why you want pick 25 when you constantly bash Hamish and our development team.... Doesn't make sense to me.

What about Hamill, Schoenberg, Berry, Cook, McHenry? I would rather have ANB for 3 than a 1 in 6 chance of landing Worrell.

Well shit. For every Soligo & Sloane - there are 5 times the amount of spuds.

May as well load up on picks in the 50's because thats where Dane Swan went. Or even better yet - lets just accumulate rookie picks because guns like Kieran Jack, Luke Bruest, Brett Kirk, Ben Rutten, Mathew Boyd, Matt Priddis, Stephen Milne and Dean Cox were all taken there!

The AFL quality and talent just isn't there. Outside of the top 15 picks its a massive lottery, sure you can find a gem, but more than likely the value is in an established footballer.
And yet this draft is supposed to be strong.

But you’re contradicting yourself, we could win a flag in 3 years as you rate the list but don’t back in Hamish.

Personally I think we are zero chance of winning a flag in 3 years so I therefore would prefer to gamble on snagging a decent long term player at 25.

I'd doubt it's the full trade TBH, but if we can bring a guy in who has good years left in him and helps us push back into the 8 then I'm ok with it.

Walking out of his club ?? I mean have you seen what's going on at Melbourne

I’m just wanting him so we can rid ourselves of Murphy.

And I’ll add a couple more points - we lack onfield experience given we have Smith not playing etc and more importantly you will achieve success with players and coaches who have tasted that success.

PS : it is one reason Nicks is a failure as he is a defender, never in a ultimately success side and ffs was an assistant for 8 years under Ken.

Last edited:
Yep, we are not winning a flag in the next few years.

The fact someone actually thinks we can just goes to the delusion of the posting.

Yeah.... Cause things in the AFL can't turn around that quickly.

Brisbane went from 15th in 2018 to top 2 in 2019. Collingwood were 17th in 2021 and won in 2023. Melbourne were 17th in 2019 and won in 2021. West Coast were 8th in 2016 and won in 2018. Richmond were 13th in 2016 and won in 2017.

The most hilarious part of this discussion is that the same posters saying we should keep pick 25 and not pay overs for ANB are the same posters that constantly criticize Hamish and our recruiting team and our development team.

So to the Cartel - you want to keep pick 25 and allow Hamish to select who we take and then our development team to work with them over the known quantity that is ANB?
LOL ....this is the hypocrisy of posters here ....criticise Hamish for his Drafting, but then herald players like Dowling, Taylor, Nankervis, Soligo, Curtin, Oscar Ryan & co

It's a paper thin logic, just shooting from the hip

IF the rumours of boosting the recruiting dept is true .....not one person here could identify what that role / deficiency is

I’m just wanting him so we can rid ourselves of Murphy.
Nah ....there'll simply be another player used as a scapegoat ....there always has to be one, every Club has them

Doughty to Mackay to Murphy to ??

There is always a bottom 6 in a team ....players on minimum salary, so the big boys get more money

There was no-one to push Murphy out this year ....it's a stupid argument

LOL ....this is the hypocrisy of posters here ....criticise Hamish for his Drafting, but then herald players like Dowling, Taylor, Nankervis, Soligo, Curtin, Oscar Ryan & co

It's a paper thin logic, just shooting from the hip

IF the rumours of boosting the recruiting dept is true .....not one person here could identify what that role / deficiency is
Lol…this is once again an example of you not comprehending the criticism. It’s not what Hamish has done with picks 20 plus, it’s the first rounders he’s blown like McAsey, Gallucci, Jones, McHenry and not developing an elite midfield.

But speaking of hypocrisy and lack of logic, lets look at yours. You’ve blamed our season on injuries and the list, not our rogue bonkers coach and yet you are backing in Hamish, doesn’t compute.

And Mutineer this is an example of Wayne’s posting attracting warranted criticism, just in case you feel I’ve been harsh on him.

And yet this draft is supposed to be strong.

That doesn't matter at pick 25. Remember 2001 super draft?

Pick 25 - Steven Armstrong.
Pick 26 - Aaron Rogers (not the QB)
Pick 27 - Tom Davidson

But you’re contradicting yourself, we could win a flag in 3 years as you rate the list but don’t back in Hamish

Why? I dont hate Hamish. I dont think he is the best in the business, but I think he has done well with some later picks and rookie picks. He has flubbed our top end picks - which sucks and that is my biggest gripe.

But a lot has to go into list management. I rate our development team. I think we have done well trading in top end talent (Dawson./ Rankine). We have been gifted some genuine superstar talent through high end picks (TT, Max, Rachele).

We need to add to the list, but the framework is there.

Personally I think we are zero chance of winning a flag in 3 years so I therefore would prefer to gamble on snagging a decent long term player at 25.

But now you should answer my question...

Why do you want another draft pick - when you constantly bag Hamish and our development team? Aren't we just gonna F*ck it up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is where we have shared concerns
Outside of WW, I'm not aware of anyone who wants Nicks to remain as coach.

He is currently the main person holding back the success of our playing group imo.

Using Pick 25 on a guy who is highly likely to be in our top10 BnF is good business.

Also, his age is complimentary to our list development. Good timing IMO.

Sure, he won't win a Brownlow. But he replaces Murphy and surely that's a win for AFC.

Lastly, we have some flashy players in our forward line. I'm happy with a solid and reliable contributor. Izak, Josh and even Benny can be the highlight reel contributors.

The more I've thought about him, the better I'm liking his arrival. He's actually a really good fit for us.

Nah ....there'll simply be another player used as a scapegoat ....there always has to be one, every Club has them

There is always a bottom 6 in a team ....players on minimum salary, so the big boys get more money

I mean, Taylor should've been getting games over him (showed he had solid forward capabilities, especially in the last round)

But what's done is done. Hopefully now ANB pushes Murphy out forever, and if Murphy continues to play, it just further confirms our assessment of Maffew

Yeah.... Cause things in the AFL can't turn around that quickly.

Brisbane went from 15th in 2018 to top 2 in 2019. Collingwood were 17th in 2021 and won in 2023. Melbourne were 17th in 2019 and won in 2021. West Coast were 8th in 2016 and won in 2018. Richmond were 13th in 2016 and won in 2017.

Collingwood did play in a GF in 2018 and Preliminary in 2019.
Melbourne did play in a Preliminary in 2018 and had been building since bottoming out.
West Coast did play in a GF in 2015 and subsequent finals in 2016 and 2017.
Richmond did play in finals in 2014 and 2015.

The issue is we need players with experience and ANB provides that.

If we get ANB, Cummings and Luko and still can’t make finals then we all know where the problem is (think we all know now).

No, Murphy provides nothing, absolutely nothing. ANB is a major upgrade on him.

You just ask the members that go to games (both in Adelaide and Melbourne), everyone is of the same opinion.

Collingwood did play in a GF in 2018 and Preliminary in 2019.
Melbourne did play in a Preliminary in 2018 and had been building since bottoming out.
West Coast did play in a GF in 2015 and subsequent finals in 2016 and 2017.
Richmond did play in finals in 2014 and 2015.

And we were a game away in 2023. Why couldn't we make the 8 in 2025 then dip in 2026 and make top 4 and seriously challenge in 2027? That would fit our list profile perfectly.

The issue is we need players with experience and ANB provides that.

I agree.

If we get ANB, Cummings and Luko and still can’t make finals then we all know where the problem is (think we all know now).

Well its Nicks. Its been Nicks the past 2 years.

I mean, Taylor should've been getting games over him (showed he had solid forward capabilities, especially in the last round)

But what's done is done. Hopefully now ANB pushes Murphy out forever, and if Murphy continues to play, it just further confirms our assessment of Maffew
You guys need to feel part of a group ....always using "we think" ...."our belief"

Versus independent thinkers who never use the above, but post their own thoughts

It's going to be interesting to read all the excuses should Nicks have a good year .....and not one person, as is the customary behaviour, will admit they were wrong

Your post makes zero sense ....if you thought about it logically, Nicks needs a good year ....he knows it
He'll play players in roles that guarantee's his survival

Play Taylor, and all you'd is cry "stupid coach" for not playing him in his preferred position .....such has been the nature of posting quality this year

That doesn't matter at pick 25. Remember 2001 super draft?

Pick 25 - Steven Armstrong.
Pick 26 - Aaron Rogers (not the QB)
Pick 27 - Tom Davidson

Why? I dont hate Hamish. I dont think he is the best in the business, but I think he has done well with some later picks and rookie picks. He has flubbed our top end picks - which sucks and that is my biggest gripe.

But a lot has to go into list management. I rate our development team. I think we have done well trading in top end talent (Dawson./ Rankine). We have been gifted some genuine superstar talent through high end picks (TT, Max, Rachele).

We need to add to the list, but the framework is there.

But now you should answer my question...

Why do you want another draft pick - when you constantly bag Hamish and our development team? Aren't we just gonna F*ck it up?
I think I’ve made my point pretty clear, when I said I think we have zero chance of winning a flag in 3 years and I’d prefer the gamble of finding a long term player even with Hamish picking.

As for comparing the draft, wasn’t that a super draft for its top end talent whereas this is for its depth?

No, Murphy provides nothing, absolutely nothing. ANB is a major upgrade on him.

You just ask the members that go to games (both in Adelaide and Melbourne), everyone is of the same opinion.
Of course you've asked everyone ....front bars in the 3rd qtr are known for critical assessments

You guys need to feel part of a group ....always using "we think" ...."our belief"

Versus independent thinkers who never use the above, but post their own thoughts

It's going to be interesting to read all the excuses should Nicks have a good year .....and not one person, as is the customary behaviour, will admit they were wrong

Your post makes zero sense ....if you thought about it logically, Nicks needs a good year ....he knows it
He'll play players in roles that guarantee's his survival

Play Taylor, and all you'd is cry "stupid coach" for not playing him in his preferred position .....such has been the nature of posting quality this year
And yet even with all Nicks mistakes this year you’ve thrown up excuses. Hypocrite

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Back