List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys need to feel part of a group ....always using "we think" ...."our belief"

Versus independent thinkers who never use the above, but post their own thoughts

It's going to be interesting to read all the excuses should Nicks have a good year .....and not one person, as is the customary behaviour, will admit they were wrong

Your post makes zero sense ....if you thought about it logically, Nicks needs a good year ....he knows it
He'll play players in roles that guarantee's his survival

Play Taylor, and all you'd is cry "stupid coach" for not playing him in his preferred position .....such has been the nature of posting quality this year

Lets see how our first side looks for R1.

Will he go for experience or the type of side in the back half of this year?

I think I’ve made my point pretty clear, when I said I think we have zero chance of winning a flag in 3 years and I’d prefer the gamble of finding a long term player even with Hamish picking.

Interesting. Shit recruiter, shit developer but lets just keep getting mid range draft picks.

Your point is clear, just think its trash.

As for comparing the draft, wasn’t that a super draft for its top end talent whereas this is for its depth?

Its an even draft according to the experts. Whether thats because its all quality or not remains to be seen. Just know that in the 30 years of the AFL Draft - every draft has been a complete lottery from Picks 25-40.

No idea when you hate our recruiter and our development team you want to give them more assets compared to an established player who was a top 8 player at a premiership team.

Of course you've asked everyone ....front bars in the 3rd qtr are known for critical assessments

I didn’t say I ask everyone, but a reasonable sample.

What I couldn’t find is not one, repeat one, who thinks Murphy should be in the side?

When you go to the footy do you actually hear what those around you are saying?

I’ve been following footy for 50+ years and I know a shit player when I’ve seen one and Murphy is one. Hopefully the players won’t have him in the leadership group.

What I couldn’t find is not one, repeat one, who thinks Murphy should be in the side?

Just Rowey in the headphones.

Interesting. Shit recruiter, shit developer but lets just keep getting mid range draft picks.

Your point is clear, just think its trash.

Its an even draft according to the experts. Whether thats because its all quality or not remains to be seen. Just know that in the 30 years of the AFL Draft - every draft has been a complete lottery from Picks 25-40.

No idea when you hate our recruiter and our development team you want to give them more assets compared to an established player who was a top 8 player at a premiership team.
And in another post I’ve said my main criticism is blowing first round picks and not developing a midfield. He’s drafted a number of decent players out of the first round.

Lol…this is once again an example of you not comprehending the criticism. It’s not what Hamish has done with picks 20 plus, it’s the first rounders he’s blown like McAsey, Gallucci, Jones, McHenry and not developing an elite midfield.

But speaking of hypocrisy and lack of logic, lets look at yours. You’ve blamed our season on injuries and the list, not our rogue bonkers coach and yet you are backing in Hamish, doesn’t compute.

And Mutineer this is an example of Wayne’s posting attracting warranted criticism, just in case you feel I’ve been harsh on him.
You can look at any side that have blown under top 20 picks. Geelong have for instance recruited these players since 2010.
2010 pick 15 Billie Smedts. 2012 pick 16 Jackson Thurlow. 2013 pick 16 Darcy lang 2014 pick 10 Nakai Cockatoo 2019 (16) Cooper Stephens

That’s not really the point, if we aren’t going for Luko the point is moot, if we are it could be Luko ANB in 25 F1 out.
However it could be Luko ANB in 25 F2 or F3 out.
Getting Luko for anything less than two second rounders, or ANB for less than anything in the second round, seems like pipe to me

Getting Luko for anything less than two second rounders, or ANB for less than anything in the second round, seems like pipe to me
Luko I can understand,
ANB though, what are Melbourne going to do?
We didn’t approach him, he’s leaving.

Luko I can understand,
ANB though, what are Melbourne going to do?
We didn’t approach him, he’s leaving.
Maybe ‘let go for less than a 2nd’ isn’t right - I think anywhere in the second round is where the agreeing point for Melb and Adel would be, out of goodwill for the situation

It’s just a real disappointment if we decide that 25 is straight up good enough to give, especially early in the trade period like Twomey is saying. Weird how we lack any sense of creativity at the trade table at times, yet smash it in other cases

Maybe ‘let go for less than a 2nd’ isn’t right - I think anywhere in the second round is where the agreeing point for Melb and Adel would be, out of goodwill for the situation

It’s just a real disappointment if we decide that 25 is straight up good enough to give, especially early in the trade period like Twomey is saying. Weird how we lack any sense of creativity at the trade table at times, yet smash it in other cases

I'd want to be able to secure Luko and ANB for the sum total of our 2024 and 2025 2nd/3rd round picks and not a cent more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd want to be able to secure Luko and ANB for the sum total of our 2024 and 2025 2nd/3rd round picks and not a cent more
This is why i'm kinda bummed about re-signing Berry - assuming there was interest, he probably would've gotten us some more capital to get these two targets without giving the F1

This is why i'm kinda bummed about re-signing Berry - assuming there was interest, he probably would've gotten us some more capital to get these two targets without giving the F1
I wouldn't rule out us trading out a player or 2.

Lets see how our first side looks for R1.

Will he go for experience or the type of side in the back half of this year?
Now, you may find this hard to believe ....but he'll choose a team to win ....and experienced players generally make fewer concentration errors & positioning errors

I would expect the newcomers, plus a rookie to play

I’ve been following footy for 50+ years and I know a shit player when I’ve seen one and Murphy is one. Hopefully the players won’t have him in the leadership group.
Nah, I try to close myself off from the barrackers

Yeah.... Cause things in the AFL can't turn around that quickly.

Brisbane went from 15th in 2018 to top 2 in 2019. Collingwood were 17th in 2021 and won in 2023. Melbourne were 17th in 2019 and won in 2021. West Coast were 8th in 2016 and won in 2018. Richmond were 13th in 2016 and won in 2017.
Every team is 2-3 quality players shy of a Finals side ....that's how close the comp is

A good run with injuries in conjunction (to non critical players) helps

A great season by BRIS could now be derailed by one injury to their RUCK .....with no tangible backup to take-on Grundy

Of course that'll never happen with ROB ....

Oh sure sure.gif

Once again I disagree... Look at the history of the quality of player teams are willing to trade in for a pick in the 20's.

Plenty of examples of role players being traded for a pick in the 20's.

Levi Greenwood was traded for pick 25.
Stanley & 60 were traded for pick 21
Allen Christenson was traded for pick 21
Frost, 40, 53 traded for pick 23 (ABN was taken with this pick 40).
Jake Melksham for pick 25
Tom Bell & 41 for Pick 21 and 60
Chris Yarran for pick 19
Brad Hill for Pick 23
Michael Hibberd & 59 for Pick 29 and 68
Caddy & 56 for 24 and 64
Impey and 67 for 33,61 and a future 4th
Pick 31 for Watts
Jake Stringer for 25
Mathew Kennedy for 28
Schace for 25 and 40
Josh Bruce for 32 and 51
Pruess for 31
Shaun Higgins for 30
Fantasia and 3rd for Pick #29
Richmond trade 27 for 38,40 and a future 3rd.
Geelong trade 23 for 32 and 34.
Grundy for 27
Rory Lobb for 30 and a future 2nd.
We gave up pick 28 and Kerridge to land Menzel.

This illustrates that picks in the 20's just aren't that valuable. Just last year Melbourne gave up Pick 27 and 35 just to move from pick 14 to pick 11.

Pick 25 just aint that valuable. Even if we trade it straight up for ABN its not a terrible trade.

Look at the ages of all those players at the time they were traded. They’re predominantly 2-3 or more years younger, which means they are more valuable.

For further context, Taylor Adams was pick 33, Jack Billings a future third, I already mentioned Harmes. It shows the ball park of what a 28-30yo non-star’s value would be, 25 would be well and truly on the high end and we should avoid giving it up, especially in a reportedly deep draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Neal-Bullen nominates Crows

Back