News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll preface by saying I know absolutely know nothing about contracts, but geez if Treloar was on an expected $900000 for 2021 as noticed in some other media outlet, this is gross mismanagement.
If this is indicative of the way we construct, heads certainly MUST roll now.
Phillips also on $600000 hahaha laughable.
What a joke our club has become.
Seriously, can we get somebody down there with an honest appraisal.
Good luck to the players in question, certainly know how to maximise their ahem talents

He was only on that amount because he assist Collingwood by changing his contract to allow us to sign players. He has done the right thing by the club. Pity it seems the club aren’t doing right by him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While he's an easy target for all of our frustrations Ned Guy isn't the one who is making the final decision on what players to trade out or trade in.

He simply has to facilitate any player movement on behalf of the club.

I would imagine Buckley in consultation with Walsh has the largest say on listed players being traded, delisted or brought to the club given it's his job on the line ultimately.

This would be especially so if the decision is based primarily around on field performance or the position we seem them occupying.

If issues like attitude, off field indiscretions and salary cap constraints are a driving factor then I'd assume our CEO and President would take on a greater role than they otherwise would in the decisions being made.

While he's an easy target for all of our frustrations Ned Guy isn't the one who is making the final decision on what players to trade out or trade in.

I would imagine Buckley in consultation with Walsh has the largest say on listed players being traded, delisted or brought to the club given it's his job on the line ultimately.

This would be especially so if the decision is based primarily around on field performance or the position we seem them occupying.

If issues like attitude, off field indiscretions and salary cap constraints are a driving factor then I'd assume our CEO and President would take on a greater role than they otherwise would in the decisions being made.

That be Eddie making the Final Descion

I’ll preface by saying I know absolutely know nothing about contracts, but geez if Treloar was on an expected $900000 for 2021 as noticed in some other media outlet, this is gross mismanagement.
If this is indicative of the way we construct, heads certainly MUST roll now.
Phillips also on $600000 hahaha laughable.
What a joke our club has become.
Seriously, can we get somebody down there with an honest appraisal.
Good luck to the players in question, certainly know how to maximise their ahem talents

I think in Treloar’s case the claim is that his 2021 $$$ are high because he accepted big unders in previous years.

No idea how it works at Collingwood or who does what, but you'd assume that decisions need to be ticked off by someone outside the decision making process. Maybe Ned Guy does the ticking off or maybe Ned Guy is central within the decision making process, or maybe neither. But if we have stuffed it up, it can't be pinned on one employee.

Hine and Guy cannot be solely to blame - if we're in a mess several people must be accountable.

Surely Hine doesn't just go out and recruit players at will - his job is to spot talent as directed by the coach - ie find us the best mid, CHF etc

Guy would prepare several list management scenarios based on where the coaches see the game plan heading etc - the actual list management plan should be reviewed by Head of Football / CEO before being signed off

Individual player contracts would have to be reviewed more than once before being approved by the club

If our list management has been stuffed up, it simply a reflection that overall the place is not managed effectively - list mngt being but one symptom of the malaise

I am only being half serious.

The situation could have been worse. At least now they have identified the issue and are trying to rectify it. That is positive.

If paying salary, means we get a proper draft pick, then that is a good strategy. The lower we go then the higher chance of recruiting a decent player. It is money well spent.

Say for example with the Kangaroos - if we said Phillips and Stephenson for Pick 2 in the draft. They might say no. But if it means paying 300k then to me its worth it. Just do it.

Our football department is a bit like the Andrews government......no one is accountable for a decision made.

I am only being half serious.

The situation could have been worse. At least now they have identified the issue and are trying to rectify it. That is positive.

If paying salary, means we get a proper draft pick, then that is a good strategy. The lower we go then the higher chance of recruiting a decent player. It is money well spent.

Say for example with the Kangaroos - if we said Phillips and Stephenson for Pick 2 in the draft. They might say no. But if it means paying 300k then to me its worth it. Just do it.

Our football department is a bit like the Andrews government......no one is accountable for a decision made.

Wait!!!!!! - Just the football department? :think:

We have definitely been overpaying our players relative to other clubs.
This needs to start changing and fast.
We are a powerful club, we don't need to succumb to player demands all the time.

I’d be expecting us to be paying more for our players than other clubs pay them.

I’d be expecting us to be paying more for our players than other clubs pay them.

hahaha

I would have thought that from a marketing point of view, we should be able to offer the players more. i.e Would Treloar have gotten a gig on afl 360 if he was playing for the Kangaroos? Ditto Taylor Adams on RSN.

If De Goey had not screwed up off field. he would have been able to make a killing off field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand why you would say that but i think it's time to draw the line so that we never have to go through this salary cap crap again

Sorry, I was just taking the piss on this part of your post "We have definitely been overpaying our players relative to other clubs."

Get pissed off that gubby got screwed

A guy who gets it done
Come into a absolute mess with far too many guys over paid

4 premierships
And were left wirh Ned guy

Good one

Meanwhile at stkilda

It's all rosy

I am getting the impression that we routinely overpay our players. No, I don’t have access to anyone’s contracts, so don’t bother pointing that out.

Investing in the draft is a good way to go then in my view, because you’ll get at least a few years on a base wage and can renegotiate from there.

Not in the case of Stephenson.

I always thought we did well keeping players, we very rarely have players leave like Essendon and the Crows where players regularly leave. Now I know why, we pay all our players 10-25% too much.

Get pissed off that gubby got screwed

A guy who gets it done
Come into a absolute mess with far too many guys over paid

4 premierships
And were left wirh Ned guy

Good one

Meanwhile at stkilda

It's all rosy

It may appear all positive at St Kilda but surely they are heading for a salary cap mess worse than ours. The average players they’ve recruited the last two off seasons on huge money will one day soon become a problem.

No idea how it works at Collingwood or who does what, but you'd assume that decisions need to be ticked off by someone outside the decision making process. Maybe Ned Guy does the ticking off or maybe Ned Guy is central within the decision making process, or maybe neither. But if we have stuffed it up, it can't be pinned on one employee.
She might disagree...
1605015822228.png

Off course she would
She'd also agree that people are two stupid
To wear a mask
Sit on a couch
Remember 1.5 Meters

She'd also agree that it's well known that casulisation of a work force brings out the best candidate s for important positions
Also she'd agree that anyone who went overseas after February 2020 after watching doors being welded shut overseas were right to expose themselves
Oh and of course she'd probably agree that it might have been a idea if said cruise ships airlines and such offered full refunds

WE ALL AGREE IN GOT IN OUR COUNTRY THROUGH FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INCOMPETANCE
Lack of a federal quarantine centre

Remove this Banner Ad

News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back